Most Disliked Stereotype

Zaverexus

Jul 5, 2010
Simple Enough: What stereotype is do people apply to you that you most dislike?

My answer: That intelligent people cannot also be athletic. I know everyone on the internet says he is intelligent, but taking high level classes and fencing and practicing parkour I run into far too many people who assume academics and athletics are mutually exclusive.

Chogg Van Helsing

May 27, 2010
They said I couldn't wear a crown AND a pope hat! I proved them wrong!!!

Anyway....

Not sure, im classed as a geek, and a goth etc, but im really not. I play warhammer and games i guess.

I don't really pay attention to what ppl say

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
"Your typical homosexual male will be in great shape, well-dressed, wearing sandals, holding a brightly colored drink and listening to Celine Dion."

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
The stereotype that only gays wave their sexuality in your face, or that they do it more than straight people. Whenever there's a thread about gays, there's always at least one fuck face who'll chip in about how they hate gays "waving it in your face".

DesiPrinceX09

Mar 14, 2010
Obviously the ones aimed at me every moment of my life: the terrorist Muslim stereotypes, I could write a big book describing the shit I've been through and have to put up with.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
A while back, a girl I'm kind of friends with made one quick tease me about being a virgin. "Sucks being a virgin, doesn't it?" she said. I played a game of never-have-I-ever with her where I talked about doing things half the room hadn't done.

I have a feeling it has something to do with the fact that I look a bit like your stereotypical nerd, and I'm so into games. It's kinda stupid that she either didn't believe me or forgot or something. She just assumed I was a virgin.

It doesn't bother me on a personal level at all. Just that the stereotype still exists.

EDIT: She also hangs out with a ton of people that are way nerdier than I am and definitely not virgins, so maybe it's just that she doesn't know me nearly as well as she thinks she does.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
I've been called emo/goth/whatever more times than I care to remember for my hair and my music taste. My hair's long and my music is metal. I don't usually let it get to me though, most of the people who say it live in council homes and don't know who their dad is.

Also, the stereotype for English people is worth saying here. The main reason that one pisses me off so much is because of how wrong it is. It's the complete opposite to how people are here. If someone tried telling a typical English guy to go drink some tea or mocked them with stereotypical English talk they'd end up getting bottled. Or knifed. One or the other.

Pat8u

Apr 7, 2011
the australian stereotype the stereotype of australia is that we have giant spiders Australia does not have giant spiders

penguindude42

Nov 14, 2010
Patrick Young said:
the australian stereotype the stereotype of australia is that we have giant spiders Australia does not have giant spiders
Aw man, that'd be sweet.

----
The beleif that Canada is a permanently-frozen hellhole populated by drunk eskimoes who always watch hockey games. I am not Iniut. I am currently sober. I could care less about hockey.

Also, the furry fandom is not a bizzare fetish. It is a fandom.

-tom

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Patrick Young said:
No, because there is the CAMEL SPIDER and that's nowhere near you guys, thank god.

OT: Anyway, I umm...uhhh...hmmm. Come to think of it, I don't really get hit with this. I mean, people COULD, but I don't usually get any of this on me. Weird...

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
That christians are stupid.

Honestly, I study theoretical fucking physics. But apparently solving relativistic field equations doesn't count for shit if you believe in a higher power. One day someone will start with this and get hit by lightning, and I'll know the big guy has my back.

AnkaraTheFallen

May contain a lot of Irn Bru
Apr 11, 2011
PatSilverFox said:
Any kind of derogatory gay stereotype.
Yup, this.

I'm tired of people saying that because I'm gay I should be some kind of athletic, man hating woman. >.<

monstersquad

Jun 7, 2010
Woodsey said:
The stereotype that only gays wave their sexuality in your face, or that they do it more than straight people. Whenever there's a thread about gays, there's always at least one fuck face who'll chip in about how they hate gays "waving it in your face".
I hate it whenever anyone waves their sexuality/relationship in my face. Regardless of sexuality. That being said, just being homsexual, or being in public with your spouse/partner isn't waving it in anyone's face.

BlackEagle95

Apr 3, 2011
I'm African-American with decent grades, I speak proper English(most of the time), and I don't steal.
I'm baptist, but i'm not going to shove it down your throat. I don't care if your gay, it does not affect me.
Video games are not just for little kids.

monstersquad

Jun 7, 2010
Zantos said:
That christians are stupid.

One day someone will start with this and get hit by lightning, and I'll know the big guy has my back.
See, you're reinforcing the stereotype with this really stupid comment. I don't think you're stupid, I just disagree with this statement, tongue-in-cheek or otherwise. And this isn't the first time I've had conflict with an evangelical about comments in hjest or otherwise. Just last week I called my friend's girlfriend a *****.

DuctTapeJedi

Nov 2, 2010
When I got back from Africa this summer, a bunch of people kept asking me what it was like sleeping in mud huts in the jungle, and eating bugs.

Dude, the first day we got to the place we were staying, there were two kids sitting on the sofa playing X Box. We had pizza soda regularly.