Most Disliked Stereotype

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
GodofCider said:
Zantos said:
That christians are stupid.

Honestly, I study theoretical fucking physics. But apparently solving relativistic field equations doesn't count for shit if you believe in a higher power. One day someone will start with this and get hit by lightning, and I'll know the big guy has my back.
"One day someone will start with this and get hit by lightning, and I'll know the big guy has my back."

And that is a perfect example illustrating your stereotype of choice.
For the record, I am fully aware that this isn't actually going to happen.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
I hate the stereotype that all furries love sex (I'm sorta boderline furry, but I have no interest in sex anyway), and the steorotype that all Christians/Muslims are religious nutjobs. And it's the minority of these groups that aren't helping things any...

high_castle

Apr 15, 2009
I did some writing work for a nameless marketing firm recently. Just about everyone mistook me for a new secretary or a temp because I'm female. Really guys? In the 2010s? Have you really been watching that much Mad Men?

There's also the idea that to be a feminist, you must hate men. Nope. That's called misandry, and believe it or not they can be mutually exclusive. The word "feminist" has some bad connotations right now, but if you support the vote, women's rights, equal pay (we're still not there yet, though the recession has actually helped even things out, believe it or not), and an end to the glass ceiling, then hop on the crazy train. Those are the basics of feminism right there.

Merkavar

Aug 21, 2010
Zaverexus said:
I run into far too many people who assume academics and athletics are mutually exclusive.
probably cause both take time so alot of people have to choose one or the other. also one is inside one is outside different people will be drawn to beingi nside or outside.

OT: to expand on others sterotypes. i hate that its assumed that all gamers are into startrek, starwars and live in a basement. i game, i have watched like 2.5 startrek episode (got sick of it once they had to fight a windows screen saver in space.) and my house doesnt even have a basement :)

that muslims are terroists

Patrick Young said:
the australian stereotype the stereotype of australia is that we have giant spiders Australia does not have giant spiders
are you kidding me? what do you class as a giant spider?

http://scienceray.com/biology/top-10-largest-giant-spiders/

Mallefunction

Feb 17, 2011
Vault101 said:
Mallefunction said:
"You're excited about buying a new game or system? What a n00b!"

Since when did gaming become so srs bsns that excitement is now seen as a sign of fresh meat? What happened to gaming being about 'fun'?

Also that you have to be either ugly, lesbian, or both in order to be a feminist. Hate. That. Shit. So. Much.
really? where have you experienced this?

hell gaming is one of the few things I really get exited over, like a kid on christmas morning

plus it doesnt exactally makes sense what with the hype and spucualtion (and the pre order thing) in online gaming culture
I've experienced it at almost every Gamestop. It's either the employees or the customers just being elitist. Here is one example of this: When I got my PS3 and started buying games, I was excitedly chatting with my roommate in a Gamestop. When she went up to make her own purchases, both employees smugly asked her if I was buying my first system or something. It's not like I was bouncing off the walls or being crazy. They were just 'srs' gamers and apparently excitement was beneath them.

The Epicosity

Mar 19, 2011
ShaggyEdiddy214 said:
de5gravity said:
ShaggyEdiddy214 said:
de5gravity said:
ShaggyEdiddy214 said:
I ran into two elementary time muslim stereotypes where in both situations when I told a girl I was muslim and she blurted out "YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD?!" both of those girls were young christians unaware that other religions existed.

EDIT:Also that all black men are threatening.
That all young black girls are sassy arrogant farts.(Which most of the time is true)
LOL! I never had that one "You don't believe in God?!" that's hilarious in hindsight xD
Actually it was very funny.Her freind even started trying to explain heaven to me.
This is one of the reasons I won't choose a religion but still believe in god.
I'm confused I thought you said you were a muslim? Or maybe I misunderstood (english is not my first language sorry)
I used to be muslim as a kid because my dad was muslim I had to follow his beliefs but I decided religion was stupid because you can't know for sure which one is right so,for example,lets say cristians were right.Well god must be a jerk to leave behind a lot of the worlds population.I eventually decided believing in god without choosing a religion could be reasonable.
You, too? I could go on with flaws from so many religions.

penguindude42

Nov 14, 2010
Cheery Lunatic said:
All Texan stereotypes. Goddammit. WE'RE NOT SISTER BANGING HILLBILLIES, GUYS.
Sorry to burst your bubble and all.
RELEVANT INQUIRY: Do you sell propane and/or propane accessories?

-t0m

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
AnkaraTheFallen said:
PatSilverFox said:
Any kind of derogatory gay stereotype.
Yup, this.

I'm tired of people saying that because I'm gay I should be some kind of athletic, man hating woman. >.<
Hah! This one. Or that I should cut my hair short because I look 'too straight'. :(

blackdwarf

Jun 7, 2010
i i have been called emo, whiner and some other things, but about those i dont care, the one that is pissing me off is gamer.

its not the fact they call me a gamer, cause yeah, i like games, but its mostly the people saying it. those idiots just think that i spend the rest of my day playing games, and being the WOW player steorotype (which is a BS steorotype). but the one person who was the worst was a idiot who called me a addict, while he was 'sick' for school to play COD, in the first week of the release if COD(he just dont play something else) had spend 17+ hour online, and when i said that he is way worse th only thhing he had to say was that i play different, which mean i am still the greater addict...

so yeah...

Drake666

Sep 13, 2010
Canid117 said:
Drake666 said:
Canid117 said:
Patrick Young said:
the australian stereotype the stereotype of australia is that we have giant spiders Australia does not have giant spiders
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sydney_funnel-web_spider

Three inches is pretty decent.
Resist the urges... "THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID !"... damn... no self-control...
Yeah... if thats what your girlfriend thinks then she has low standards...
And no self-esteem it would seems ;)

Blue2

Mar 19, 2010
I find stereotypes funny and also helps bright the interest towards the group of question. the problem is that people only take the stereotype as fact with out even thinking or researching.

Also I hate the stereotype that all gamers are Fat and live with there mother's basement even tough I do fit that stereotype.

Discrodia

Dec 7, 2008
The stereotype that just because stereotypes aren't universally true means they're never true.

Bootscooper

Nov 8, 2009
I'm surprised no one's mentioned this yet- I hate the sterotype that since I'm American, I must be stupid, ignorant, self-obsessed and not know how to locate Canada on a map.

Duck Sandwich

Dec 13, 2007
I don't care much for eating out at restaurants (I'd rather cook my own food), going out to clubs (I don't like beer, and dancing with random chicks tends to get boring after about an hour), or going out to movie theatres (I'd rather watch a movie at home so I can pause to get up and stretch/take a piss whenever I want). Because of this, I'm apparently antisocial. The stupid thing is, some people that say this to me are well aware that my hobbies include Boxing, Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and occasionally, rock climbing - things that require you to, y'know, go outside and interact with other people.

Oh, and the fact that I train in mixed martial arts apparently means I'm some invincible grandmaster badass who is a black belt in Karate, or some non-existent martial art that involves flailing your hands and making stupid poses.