Most hated enemy in gaming?

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Some of mine are:

Noise Marines from Dawn of War II: Who the hell decided to make a unit that could shut down ranged weapons AND had an AoE knockback THAT COULD BE CHANNELED. If there are more than 1 squad you basically need either artillery, walkers or tanks to slay them (and the last two won't work if they have anti-vehicle support)

Xenon M's from X3 (and many other X games as well): Fast, armed with weapons capable of making ships about 5 times their size think twice and they are fucking everywhere.

Devilites from Spiral Knights, even with good armour you can only take a couple of hits in this game and these guys have a horribly fast ranged attack with very fast projectiles. I've seen groups with 5-star (the best) gear wait about 15 minutes for a level change rather than risk doing a Devilite level. God help you if they have Shock or Freeze (so if you get hit you can't move, meaning you get hit again which reapplies the effect so you STILL can't move)

Stormsurger

Nov 7, 2011
Duriel. Was the most annoying boss EVERRRR. Id get a nice scorceress going, nice damage and all. Then i'd get to duriel and get rofl-stomped because i couldn't escape even with tele. She would just run up to me and go all "HAIIII cold damage dead" on me....

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Bears from skyrim have become the most annoying thing to me, at least wolves and saber cats shut the fuck up, bears? It's just constant noise even after they die.

The only thing truly annoying on that level are zubat type pokemon

Burntpopcarn

May 29, 2011
Any enemy with a riot shield (for example, lance defenders in Borderlands), because they DEFLECT BULLETS AND THEY ALWAYS HAVE EVERYTHING BEHIND THE SHIELD, making them practically invincible until you get a well placed shot in. I also hate DEMOMAN! "shakes fist" and pyros. n00bs.

cgmetallica1981

Mar 15, 2010
Oh no a Cazadore! Those things are impossible to kill! They're so annoying... it's not like flamethrowers get rid of them in seconds or anything...

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
Personally, I despised the Greene boss fight in Prototype

See, Greene was basically built up to be Zombie Jesus, only their Mother instead of their savior.
She had all these cool powers, and looked like this:

When you finally fight her, she instead becomes a giant snail monster with some tentacles that took me hours to kill because of my build. It was no fun at all.

and the final boss of Borderlands

Do I really need to explain? It was a random tentacle monster that had no buildup or anything!

...also I ran out of ammo just before the final boss fight, so I had to glitch my way to victory. I should've actually had save files....

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
squidbuddy99 said:
I used to think that De Santa from Red Dead Redemption was the most loathesome character in gaming. After he introduced me to his boss, I believed Allende to be the most loathesome character ever concieved.

Then I met Edgar Ross.

I have to commend Rockstar. They managed to make a character so loathesome, so utterly deserving of hate that I literally wanted to see him rotting in Hell. Fuck you, Edgar Ross.
Rockstar have a way with that.

Case in point: Roy Earle (LA Noire). Grrrr.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012

The only way I managed to kill them where with an smg and i still could gett my ass handed.

way2sl0w

Resident COD Fanboy
Jan 29, 2012
Infinitely spawning Nazis and Japanese soldiers with unlimited supply of grenades from COD: World at War (in Veteran mode obviously).

sage42

Elite Member
Mar 20, 2009
cgmetallica1981 said:
Oh no a Cazadore! Those things are impossible to kill! They're so annoying... it's not like flamethrowers get rid of them in seconds or anything...
Ah but what of the poeple who don't have a flame thrower handy hmmm? What will they do?, they will get their asses handed to them on the end of a poisoned stinger that's what.

OT Cazadors, Scions, Cougars from Red Dead Redemption, the list goes on really.

mitchc95

Jan 26, 2012
Whitney and her fucking miltank
attract
rollout rollout rollout
hah it took five guys but its almost dead
milk drink
*aneurism*

Sewa_Yunga

I love this highway!
Nov 21, 2011
Alyssacubi said:

These, I -HATE- Miniblins. ;.;
Nang?! Nanang! Da-dang!

Yep, quite some pests. But good for a laugh when I'm imitating them around someone who played WW.

But my award for the most hated enemy actually goes to the Boost Guardian from Metroid Prime: Echoes on Expert. You constantly loose HP during the encounter and every few hits he morphs into a flipper ball of doom and starts zooming around bouncing from the walls, spawning adds and dealing a ton of damage if he hits you... all of this confined to a tiny circular room.

Toaster Hunter

Jun 10, 2009
Creepers. Spend hours perfectly arranging blocks for aq perfect castle and
"HISSSSSSSSSS BOOM"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

cgmetallica1981

Mar 15, 2010
sage42 said:
cgmetallica1981 said:
Ah but what of the poeple who don't have a flame thrower handy hmmm? What will they do?, they will get their asses handed to them on the end of a poisoned stinger that's what.

OT Cazadors, Scions, Cougars from Red Dead Redemption, the list goes on really.
Shoot their wings. What do you think V.A.T.S. is for?

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Most of them have been covered already, so I'll start with the bouncing fairies in the red dresses in Megamari. They're slightly harder to hit because of their bouncing, they fire hard to dodge spread shots, and if one does collision damage to you, it will immediately turn around and keep bouncing on you and doing collision damage, while you try to get enough distance to shoot back.

Also, the eagles from NES Ninja Gaiden.

Instant K4rma

StormFella
Aug 29, 2008
That god damned Seymour from FFX. You fight him like, 27 times throughout the game, he's always overly difficult, and sometimes has more than one form. I hate Seymour. I hate him.

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
Jinpachi Mishima from Tekken 5 with his unblockable fireball that can only be dodged by the (inconsistently functional) sidestepping mechanism

Wallmasters from Zelda sending you to the start of the dungeon

The ultimate wall guy from Okami (I forgot his name) where you have to hit 8 random places in order to beat him

Glorious and Gracious from Bayonetta- just too fast to deal with

Mountain Lions from Oblivion (over cliff racers and Skyrim sabre cats for me)