Most hated enemy in gaming?

Magikarp

Jan 26, 2011
Mutilator7 said:
That thing that chased you in Super Mario Advance when you got the key.

I hated that thing
I hated them so much. Half the time I'd be concentrating on jumping over them so much that I'd jump right into a shy guy or something. And why did they have to be immortal!?

OT: Wallmasters from Zelda. There's not much more irritating than being sent to the start of the dungeon because something knocks you into one.

Orcboyphil

Dec 25, 2008
Either thoose bloody wasps in New Vegas (because I have a phobia or wasps and there bastards if you don't kill them before they get close) or the head crabs and their progency in Half Life 2 as there moment in the limelight is by far the worst part of that game. Ravenholme really turned gaming joy into gaming hell.

Totenkopf

Mar 2, 2010
The crawlers in Killing Floor.
Creepy crawlies, I suppose those little bastards jump too...
Yes, they do. Indeed, they do.
Kill them with fire.
All of them.

Zanderinfal

Nov 21, 2009
Hmmm...
Maybe...
No, not that...
OH! I got it!It's from a platformer from long ago...
well, not THAT long, but still...
Anyway, the (I think it's called the Metalhead) leader boss fight at the end of Jak 2.
THAT.
SUCKED.
SHIT.

Reinactment:
Boss: spamspamspamspamspam
Me: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

EDIT: It's a great game, don't judge me.
Just a little too hard...

kickassfrog

Jan 17, 2011
Every enemy from minecraft, but special mention to the creepers for blowing holes in my carefully built castle. At least the moat stops them though.

Jafe_45

Mar 28, 2009
The enemy that i hate the most is the friend who doesn't know the controls for a game so he just starts to press every button he possible can during a fight... And while doing this he gets all possible combos and just pwns you.

Sizzo

Sep 28, 2009
My most hated enemies are the following:

- Xaldin from Kingdom Hearts 2. I hate him so much -.- Spends most of his time outside of your range and can do a ton of damage with his regular attacks and when you can hit him, you get one hit on him before he sends you flying.
- Zubat for being too many of them, Bidoof for pissing me off everytime I see its face and hear his godawful sound.
- Any higher tier Dragon-type trainer in any Pokémon game as Ice-pokémon are not that plentiful (or Dragon, for that matter) and they keep using f***ing Outrage, which is the most overpowered attack in the games >.<

Also the poison headcrabs........ I am always filled with relief every time I give them a shotgun blast and they make their death-chirping.

cydvis

Mar 2, 2011
Diablo 2: burning soul/black soul.
...invisible, most of time kill you in 1 hit.

Pontus Hashis

Feb 22, 2010
Hmmm, from the top of my head, Skeletons from MC, Flying stingray things from Demon's souls, Bobby K from Activision and any small or fast poison thing.

violent_quiche

May 12, 2011
There are tougher enemies, but the husks in ME2 are bloody annoying when the get close- particularly on Insanity when a good short shotgun blast isn't enough to take them down. Like the headcrabs in Half Life, it's not their damage so much as their size and general anoyance factor. The rest- Harbinger, Scions & Praetorians- just needed the right squad mix, a good strategy and patience. ME2 got a whole lot easier when I stopped playing it as 3rd person shooter and deployed my team powers effectively.

Of all game villians, Regenerators from Resident Evil 4 and Feral Ghouls/Reavers from Fallout 3. Consistently skin crawling no matter how many of them I ran into- creepy, tough to kill and horrible, HORRIBLE sound effects. That unmistakable ghoul greeting as I crept through a disused DC museum or factory always gave me goosebumps.

And forget the vision, the Regenerator fx got me every time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H7HeJKPCN0&feature=related

Swarles

Jul 17, 2009
Bobby Kotick. Wait were talking about enemies in the actual games... I'm sticking with Bobby Kotick.

DanielDeFig

Oct 22, 2009
Ledges.

I've fallen off/ pushed off/ unable to grab onto one too many ledges throughout my history of videogaming.