Most impossible fan base to please?

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
pletschee said:
The Halo Community, there's the half that strives for change and the other half that wants to stay true to halo ce
I remember the days I used to actually frequent the Reach forums. Then I realized what a lost cause it was.

That forum can pretty much validate the worst stereotypes of Halo fanboys while still having what seems like half of everybody completely hate the game. The closest I get to that forum is the Optimatch forum. Still a crapload of whiners, but the worst kind of fanboys are usually absent. And of course the community forum. That's my favorite by far.

FightThePower

The Voice of Treason
Dec 17, 2008
Valve's fanbase.

"We want more content!"
*TF2 items*
"We want less content!"

Seriously, just go to the steam forums and have a look around. There's so much whining it's obscene. I remember when L4D2 came out and there was this big fuss about how you couldn't see your feet like in L4D1, and I remember people complaining about reload animations.

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
Wiiiiiiilliam said:
CoD they complained about MW2 being unbalanced now they complain about Black Ops being too balanced.
BlOps is still an unbalanced mess in terms of Spawn Points but the rest of the game is getting better towards being balanced.

Death God

Jul 6, 2010
True, die-hard fanboys. I mean the kind of fanboys that live and breathe what ever it is they are fans of. That and "bible-beaters". You get a die hard christian from a certain religion and they won't even hear a slight objection.

Jul 22, 2009
Every fan base ever.

I have seen some incredibly close minded (and downright stupid) statements come from every kind of fan of every kind of game.

I've been accused of having 'low standards' (or words to similar effect)... but if it means I can actually enjoy most of the games I play then I'm okay with that.

Now excuse my while I go enjoy Dragon Age 2, Sonic 4, Dead Space 2, Fable 3 and Halo: Reach.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
The My Little Pony fanbase :D

Just kidding, they'll just tolerate and love anything that comes their way.

I vote CoD too, because it's too vast to please everyone.

Blondi3

Sep 12, 2008
I'd probably agree with some of the others here and say the MMO community. They/we are vicious. Then again we pay monthly for the game. We don't want to be paying for a game that doesn't work or ruins what we have already paid for. Not justified for the most part but it's still a partial excuse.

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
drbarno said:
the sonic fanbase, they complain about everything that happens in the games,
Well recent Sonic games do have a strong tendency to suck... but you're right, it would be impossible to please the fan base at large anyway.

AtheistAndProud

Apr 25, 2010
"the sonic fanbase, they complain about everything that happens in the games,"
And rightly so, have you PLAYED recent sonic games?
Okay, Colors was alright, but before that they were buggy and stupid and had ice-age-long cutscenes.

Optimystic

Sep 24, 2008
drbarno said:
the sonic fanbase, they complain about everything that happens in the games,
People complain about shitty games? Stop the presses!

OT: Bioware fans. That studio - and especially Gaider - just can't win in their eyes.

Nomanslander

Feb 21, 2009
GunstarHero said:
"MW2 is a buggy mess!"

"Black Ops MP is the same as MW2!" (Plays it anyway)

"ME2 was terrible because it wasn't the same as the first one!" (Ok, that one I agree with).
This is to suggest that MW2 is actually good besides being very very popular? Fuck, KZ3 is 10x more funner and balanced but yet no one seems to notice.

And I'm sorry, Mass Effect 1 is not a better game. Sure it has a better villain, and the reapers actually feel like a thread instead of a MacGuffin. But try going back and playing it.

It's a decent but messy RPG with weak ass cover base shooting aspects (ME2 being a almost none existent RPG with some of the best TPS I've seen in the market), the enemy AI exist no where outside of charging straight at you with guns blazing, and with all the guns so few actually felt unique.