most memorable movie line ever...in your opinion

damselgaming

Feb 3, 2009
"THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!"

and for some reason,
"IDIOT! In Latin Jehovah starts with an 'I'!"

EDIT: Oh and in Boogie Nights the guy filming says he has to 'change his mag', which prompted 5 out of the 7 people watching to shout "CHANGING MAG!", haha -we are all such losers.

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
Jules: What country are you from?
Brett: What? What? Wh - ?
Jules: "What" ain't no country I've ever heard of. They speak English in What?
Brett: What?
Jules: English, ************, do you speak it?
Brett: Yes! Yes!
Jules: Then you know what I'm sayin'!
Brett: Yes!
Jules: Describe what Marsellus Wallace looks like!
Jules: Say 'what' again. Say 'what' again, I dare you, I double dare you ************, say what one more Goddamn time!
Brett: He's b-b-black...
Jules: Go on.
Brett: He's bald...
Jules: Does he look like a *****?
[Jules shoots Brett in shoulder]
Jules: DOES HE LOOK LIKE A *****?
Brett: No!
Jules: Then why you try to fuck him like a *****, Brett?
Brett: I didn't.
Jules: Yes you did. Yes you did, Brett. You tried to fuck him. And Marcellus Wallace don't like to be fucked by anybody, except Mrs. Wallace.

Lt. Aldo Raine: Now, I don't know about y'all, but I sure as hell didn't come down from the goddamn Smoky Mountains, cross five thousand miles of water, fight my way through half of Sicily and jump out of a fuckin' air-o-plane to teach the Nazis lessons in humanity.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Lt. Aldo Raine: You probably heard we ain't in the prisoner-takin' business; we in the killin' Nazi business. And cousin, Business is a-boomin'.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Sgt. Werner Rachtman: Fuck you.
[pause]
Sgt. Werner Rachtman: And your Jew dogs!
[the Basterds all laugh]
Lt. Aldo Raine: Actually, Werner, we're all tickled to here you say that. Frankly, watchin' Donny beat Nazis to death is is the closest we ever get to goin' to the movies.
[Calling offscreen]
Lt. Aldo Raine: DONNY!
Sgt. Donny Donowitz: [From offscreen] Yeah?
Lt. Aldo Raine: We got a German here who wants to die for his country! Oblige him!

The Bride: It was not my intention to do this in front of you. For that I'm sorry. But you can take my word for it, your mother had it comin'. When you grow up, if you still feel raw about it, I'll be waiting.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hattori Hanzo: Revenge is never a straight line. It's a forest, And like a forest it's easy to lose your way... To get lost... To forget where you came in.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hattori Hanzo: Funny, you like samurai swords... I like baseball.

wordsmith

TF2 Group Admin
May 1, 2008
From a bit of an obscure movie, but:
"The AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every ************ in the room, accept no substitutes." (Jackie Brown)

"And the fact that you've got "Replica" written down the side of your guns... And the fact that I've got "Desert Eagle point five O"... Should precipitate your balls into shrinking, along with your presence. Now... Fuck off!" Snatch

Herklethehoboking

Jan 27, 2010
Sonny Corleone: What the hell is this?
Tom Hagen: its a Sicilian massage, it means Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes.

the Godfather

ezeroast

Jan 25, 2009
"A screwdriver? What are you gonna do with that? Put up a fucking shelf?"

Getting square

Mortars

May 24, 2009
"Kickin´ names and taking ass."

-Roamin the paladin in the Unforgotten Realms movie from the year 2034.

vincent2057

Feb 10, 2010
Had to sign up as none of you have it....

"You just fucked with the wrong rhino" Oh yeah, i went there. There is a few in the film but thats the best.

and i like "well that certinally illistrate's the diversity of the word" but the top one wins. :)

Simili

Nov 17, 2009
From Armageddon which I don't like but love this line:
"You ever heard of evil knievel?"
"No I never saw star wars"

I also like:
"Yes this is a fertile land, and we shall call it...this land"
"I think we should call it your grave!"
"Agh curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
To be quite frank my dear..... I really dont give a damn! - i cant remember now

EDIT: if flash movies count then:

"They may kick our ass, but they'll never kick our FREEDOM!!! - Arfenhouse Teh movie too!

sharky8998

Nov 30, 2009
Just thought of another one:

"Doctors say that Nordberg has a 50/50 chance of living, though there's only a 10 percent chance of that." - The Naked Gun

Switchlurk

Jul 10, 2009
Well, if i were to take the logical route, i would suggest "Asta la Vista, Baby", as i garentee you that even if you were to ask someone who had no idea who the actor or movie was were that phrase came from, EVERYBODY would be able to tell you it's a movie. It's known by 4 year old's and 67 year olds. Everybody knows it, hence, by ingraning itself into society's memory, it is THE most memorable line.

But........

Seeing as this thread is also about personal opinion, my most memorable line would have to be....

ENGLISH ************, DO YOU SPEAK IT?