Most milked franchise

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
The Nintendo Trinity:
Mario, Pokemon, Zelda

(Metroid hasn't been milked to NEARLY the same degree as any of those. There is, what? ONE spinoff?)

It's a hard call between Pokemon and Mario.
Megaman used to be up there with Mario, but I never saw Megaman get its own cardgame here in the states. Megaman also doesn't even come close to Mario in terms of types of games he's been in.

Farotsu

Dec 30, 2010
While I agree with the others, the number of games bearing the Megaman title is also over 30. The original series, X series, Legends, Zero, ZX, Battle Network and it's spin-offs...

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Sgt. Sykes said:
Half-Life. Valve has based all their reputation on one game and have been selling it (and it's mods) ever since.
That's not really "milking" but more of idolising. All the mods for Half-life 2 most if not all are free and done by second-parties.

If they were really milking it,HL2E3 would've been...somewhere in sight but alas, no, vaporware now.

On-T:Starwars, it's oldest product still being churned out the back-doors of game studios, shops and film studios alike.

Shameless

Jun 28, 2010
I am surprised nobody said Resident Evil, they have released 5 games in the last 6 years and 2 are in development.

Linsenman

Jul 2, 2011
Mario, Zelda, Kirby any nintendo game really. Also, there are FPS's which are generally the same every year. So in other words, Halo and CoD. There are quite a lot more, but milking something in today's gaming industry should not be a surprise. I mean really, they plan to do how many assassins creeds?

omega_peaches

Jan 23, 2010
Call of Duty, but I still enjoy it, so I still buy it.
Halo, 3 was supposed to "finish the fight," but there is a fucking fourth one.
STAR WARS.

kickassfrog

Jan 17, 2011
Sgt. Sykes said:
Half-Life. Valve has based all their reputation on one game and have been selling it (and it's mods) ever since.
What are you on about. They made PORTAL!!!!!!!!!
If anything is cashable, it's portal.

I would have to say pokemon, it's the same bloody game with a few different creatures in it.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
Sgt. Sykes said:
they only released around 5 games and didn't make any official spin-offs (not counting DM/S/2)
starwars or a Nintendo Franchise

Shadowfaze

Jul 15, 2009
Mario, COD, Megaman, for games, CSI, every talent show in every country, and oh, the sparkle pixies/Not vampires for tv/movies. Lots of hate in just one post!