Most Obscure Band no ones heard of

SlightlyEvil

Jan 17, 2008
Amy MacDonald, a Scottish singer-songwriter who's had some success in Europe, but no one in the US knows her.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
ampa451 said:
i got another one that you might know. the Butthole Surfers.
Hmmm, one of their songs was on Guitar Hero II, so I don't really know about them being obscure... I had heard about them before that anyway. I like their song "Pepper".

KungFuMaster

Aug 14, 2008
LoopyDood said:
KungFuMaster said:
Sorry about double post, seemed wrong to stuff it all together.

It being a solo effort I did not know about...he's like the death metal Michael Cretu...awesome. Also did not know there was another one coming out, thanks for the info!
Go here - http://jefflewis.ca/multimedias11.php
Listen to some of the clips. Sounds more technical than Abolisment of Hate. It will be twice as long, too. Onslaught is kickass.
Nice stuff, reminds me of ...And Oceans. Got a release date?

EDIT Sorry, went back and actually READ the site, silly boy I am.

Ayrav

Dec 12, 2008
KungFuMaster said:
That's awesome! So what are talking, like Low, G.B. Leighton, The Resonance, Atmosphere, Brother Big Bad, Inebrieation, that kinda stuff?

EDIT Ooh! Wookiefoot! Tell me you have some Wookiefoot!
All of it, MN music rocks! Me and my friends actually found a Wookiefoot demo disc after leaving a show at the Quest (I think the name changed, haven't been there in ages), I can't remember the band that we saw but to this day I still have the Wookiefoot songs in my collection.

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
ChocoFace said:
Aiden.
If you are feeling suicidal, don't listen to it, cause it'll only make the situation worse for you...THAT'S how bad this band is.
I've heard of them, unfortunately... *shudders*

People might have heard of them;
The Aquabats
Between the Buried and Me
Beneath the Massacre
Exit Ten
Goldfish Don't Bounce
Lady Fantastic.

Higurashi

Jan 23, 2008
Well.. some might have heard of this most peculiar fellow. Cinema Strange. No? Did not think so. He scares me slightly, but makes unique music for sure. Catacomb Kittens, for instance, is really cool.

Ursus Astrorum

Mar 20, 2008
I tend to stay pretty mainstream with my rock, so my repertoire of obscure rock bands is rather limited. The only two I can come up with are Dustz (a fairly new J-rock group) and Karma Lingo, a small-time Georgia-based rock group who may or may not have broken up recently. I haven't checked with them in a while.

TaborMallory

May 4, 2008
Hmmm... Bad Acid Trip [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh9xuiLKimU]? (warning: potentially disturbing video)

Or what about Meshuggah guitarist Fredrik Thordendal's single, Sol Niger Within [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5FxKow-LJM]?
I definitely recommend for anybody who's into experimental metal. Not like System of a Down; this is much heavier.

Also in the album, he wrote three jazz interludes. Here's the 11 minute one called Missing Time [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dLm_JunVwY].
Missing Time is not death metal. If you're into jazz or extremely sexy guitar solos, this one is for you.

Kindlebee92

May 15, 2008
I would say Tool is relatively obscure. Great band imo, one of my favorites.

Not sure on their history or popularity though, so correct me if they are not obscure.

Hey Joe

Dec 23, 2007
I've totally gotten into Sigur Ros lately.

I totally dig the Scandinavian triumphant chills, plus their music was in Dreamfall and The Life Aquatic so therefore they are awesome.

dov3rsan

Nov 4, 2008
Sub Dub Micromachine just heard of them and their knda a mix of pm5k korn and a few other mainstream acts but decent for a more original obscure shyt
Die Apokalyptischen Reiter
The Agony Scene
Bad Acid Trip
Diablo Swing Orchestra
The Haunted
Gamma Ray
just to name a few

KungFuMaster

Aug 14, 2008
Ayrav said:
All of it, MN music rocks! Me and my friends actually found a Wookiefoot demo disc after leaving a show at the Quest (I think the name changed, haven't been there in ages), I can't remember the band that we saw but to this day I still have the Wookiefoot songs in my collection.
No name change, it's still the Quest and it still kicks ass. I had an opportunity to see Wookiefoot at The Cabooze just last New Years (a year ago, not a month ago.) and it was an awesome show as always...actually, come to think of it, that was the last show I saw before I moved to PA.

KungFuMaster

Aug 14, 2008
Stringytank said:
No one I know knows who Flogging Molly is.
You, sir, need a better class of friends. I saw those guys about two and a half years ago at a local college and it blew my fucking mind.