Most OP Weapon in a Game?

GrimGrimoire

Aug 11, 2011
The sword of Eons/Avo's Tear from Fable.
Together with The Harvester (a crossbow with an unlimited mag).
You could rip everything but bosses apart before they could even come close, and then you could use your sword, and that was even more powerfull.

mmins

Aug 22, 2011
STICK WITH THE PROD J.C.
Also, it feels like any gun in GTA IV was enough to take anybody (or thing) down.

meowchef

Oct 15, 2009
captaincabbage said:
Bryan the Amazing said:
The most overpowered weapon is any weapon that is used to kill me.

Also, the most underpowered weapon is whatever weapon I happen to be using.
And if you're ever killed by the same gun you're using, I'm pretty sure a singularity would form.

OT: I did ever so love the four barreled rocket launcher in the original Killzone. Just having four shots in a rocket launcher is overpowered enough, but when you add in the ability to fire all of them at once as smooth-arcing mortars, well that's just all kinds of fucked up.

Awesome, but fucked up.
The original Unreal had a rocket launcher called the 8-Ball. It held six rockets adn you can fire from one to six of them at a time in normal mode (with no trajectory... just a straight shot) and in secondary fire it became a grenade launcher and you could bounce the projectiles off walls and such.

EGtodd09

Oct 20, 2010
Pistol in Deus Ex Human Revolution. Can two hit headshot the toughest non-boss enemies in the game and ammo is everywhere and it have pinpoint accuracy and short reload and huge ammo capacity if you upgrade it.

Zeriah

Mar 26, 2009
That alien sniper rifle in Perfect Dark. It one shot anything, had x-ray vision, could shoot through multiple concrete walls and had some auto lock-on. Basically you took aim, the x-ray vision and auto lock-on would find you a target and then you shoot through 5 walls and kill something on the other side of the map ^_^.

zombiesinc

One day, we'll wake the zombies
Mar 29, 2010
From my experience with multiplayer FPS games, I'd go with LMGs. They were incredibly frustrating in both BFBC2 and Crysis 2. I haven't noticed any issues with BF3 yet, but then again, I've hardly had a chance to play online.

MPerce

May 29, 2011
Pistol in Halo 1 without question.
Halo: Reach is actually running a beta playlist where the pistol is back to being stupidly accurate. Ah, nostalgia.

Agarth

Jul 14, 2009
I'd say either the BFG 9000 or the Dark Matter Cannon from Quake 4. Can kill the Machran with 3 shots from that thing when it gives you 25 ammo max for it. I remember in one of the rooms right before the last boss the game sent something around 40 enemies at you, at that point I just fired two dark matter blasts at them and the entire room was cleared out. The blasts wouldn't even blow up in your face unless you fired it directly at a wall your only an inch away from.

The_R3d_Fury

Jul 7, 2011
In my opinion the most OP weapon in a video game is easily that plasma grenade launcher in Halo: Reach. Tracking AND instant kill.

Puddleknock

Sep 14, 2011
I agree with some other poster with the pistol in the orginal Halo. It was crazy good and the sound of 4 players all switching to the pistol in perfect synch at the start of the game is an amsuing memory of Halo 1.

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
What, nobody else remembers the Farsight XR-20 from "Perfect Dark"? The camper's wet dream? An alien railgun that can see through walls, effectively allowing you to snipe anybody from anywhere on the map?

EDIT: Wait... props to Zeriah for remembering it too. :)

Nohra

Aug 9, 2008
usmarine4160 said:
the Fat Man in Fallout 3 and NV because it's a nuclear grenade launcher, put that in CoD and you have the grand noob tube of awesome
If you pull off a sneak attack headshot outside of VATS with the combat shotgun, you can do over 2000 damage with a single shot. That's enough to kill a Super Mutant Behemoth.

BJ_Pwn said:
In my opinion the most OP weapon in a video game is easily that plasma grenade launcher in Halo: Reach. Tracking AND instant kill.
Slow tracking. If your target is aware, it's not too hard for them to dodge all four shots. You barely even have to land a SPNKr within a half mile of someone for a free kill, though. If you can't get four kills from a fresh SPNKr, you're really not doing too good.

And nobody mentions the Hand Cannon?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBS86rAT4W0

Chezza

Feb 17, 2010
Rblade said:
the upgraded gravity gun
Haha yeah, but it is not a Multiplayer or game breaking bug. More of a momentary madness mode with various of enemies to kill in the process :p

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
The m16 from call of duty 4 is a start, another would be the famas in black ops, any sniper in mw2. stuff like that

EDIT: now that i think of it, the Golden Gun is the most op weapon in gaming, i mean c'mon, a one hit kill pistol?

Thedutchjelle

Mar 31, 2009
The Gauss Rifle in STALKER series. Yeah, alright, so it's supposed to be a very-very high end/late game weapon. Still doesn't make it fair:
-Perfect accuracy in a game where all other weapons have bullet drops, even snipers arent 100%
-Instant hit
-Highest damage out of all other weapons save the RPG.

Once you start finding ammo for it, the only thing left to do is point it at an enemy and a death-ray will kill him.