Most OP Weapon in a Game?

thahat

Apr 23, 2008
Arontala said:
thahat said:
Shadowstar38 said:
In a COD game specificly? The Black ops version of the FAMAS. Noob weapon of choice.

In any game, the hammer of dawn from GW3.
the famas? i think your refering to the ak74u msg thing. the famas is prety docile unless you keep bursting or the kick will make you aim at the othr end of the room. lol.
FAMAS [http://www.cod7blackops.com/weapons/assault-rifles/famas/] > Ak74U [http://www.cod7blackops.com/weapons/sub-machine-guns/ak74u/]

So yeah, I'm going with the FAMAS.
run speed, ADS time, possibility to doubletap or grip.
friend of mine agrees with you. the famas is EVENTUALY better. if you can handle it. not the noobweapon imba thing of the century though :p

ABLb0y

Aug 27, 2010
the Crossbows in WET. They explode on contact with enemies, they're really accurate and you dual-wield them. Pity ammo is so scarce.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Blatherscythe said:
I've recently gone back to CoD:WaW and managed to get to level 53. Some of you may remember that this is the level where you unlock the PPSH41, or as I like to call it, the Russian spammer gun. I dubbed it this because of it's high rate of fire, with the Browning and MG42 with double tap come close to it in fire rate, medium damage and high accuracy. With a drum barrel it can hold 70 bullets and has a short relod time.

Did the developers even try to balance this thing? People called the MP40 over powered, but the PPSH41 will usually beat an MP40 user. It has barely any recoil, so you don't even need to pace your shots. I thought WW2 SMG's were just a more accurate shotgun, used for clearing buildings and CQC areas. This gun can damn near kill anyone not using a sniper rifle.

I personally believe the PPSH41 to be one of the most OP weapons in a game. What do you guys/gals think is the most OP weapon in any game?
Not sure if it counts but Tactical Nuke in MW2 was the most overpowered "weapon" as it literally ended the freaking game. Game over, man.

I don't care if it kills everyone on the team 3 times in a row, literally ending the game is too damn much. Plus it was way too easy to get 25 kills with how air support stacked killstreaks.

Weapons I can live with, anything that has to be aimed and fired can be countered by aiming and firing quicker than the other person. The worst thing is things that made it effectively impossible to counter. Things like Juggernaut were just god damn unreasonable, and Commando. For most close range combat that just gave you a combination insta-kill insta-dodge weapon, it was like having an auto-aiming super-shotgun attached to your wrist.

Knife I can accept, but the super-lunge... no.

Hell no.

Slenn

Cosplaying Nuclear Physicist
Nov 19, 2009
Any weapon that you obtain near the end of every Metroid game. Plasma Beam and Screw Attack... I'm looking at you.

Dansen

Master Lurker
Mar 24, 2010
In terms of fighting games, Sage mode Naruto Naruto is the most OP character in Ultimate ninja storm 2. All you need is his insane jutsu, it takes a second for him to use, he travels half way across the map, if he misses he zooms past you so you can't punish him, if you block or substitute it takes him literally half a second to recover, so yet again you can't punish him, and it goes into an animation if he hits you so you can't interrupt the attack with support characters.

Most Heroes(highest multiplayer rank) use him.

subject_87

Jul 2, 2010
JayDub147 said:
The pistol in DX: Human Revolution. It has an upgrade that allows it to essentially ignore armor, making more powerful than the assault rifle, shotgun, or even the sniper rifle.
My silenced, increased-damage and extended-mag pistol was my favorite weapon for sneaky stealth kills, but I had to wonder how despite the elite guards' fancy armor and helmets, one pistol bullet to the head is an instant kill. The thing is, after about halfway through the game, finding pistol ammo is borderline impossible. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

OT: Natascha in TF2, at least before it was (thankfully) nerfed. Dear God, I hated that thing.

BodomBeachChild

Nov 12, 2009
The P90 in anygame. In counter-strike it is a headhot machine. In any other game is the noob blaster and they jsut run around sprayin' everywhere with it killing people aimlessly.

Edible Avatar

Oct 26, 2011
The KV Heavy tank in World of Tanks. Its the easiest heavy tank to aquire (if you play russian -_-), and can be upgraded to hold a 155mm gun(known as the DERP gun), which can one-shot any tank in it's tier, not to mention the tanks below that tier. Its also about the only tank that can take on Heavy tanks WAY above it's tier, though its tough.

It doesnt help that it looks hilariously disproportioned

Captain Pirate

Nov 18, 2009
JayDub147 said:
The pistol in DX: Human Revolution. It has an upgrade that allows it to essentially ignore armor, making more powerful than the assault rifle, shotgun, or even the sniper rifle.
This.
That 10mm bad boy was my champion weapon, and I guess Eidos knew it was pretty damn powerful as it's hard to find ammo and use it as your primary weapon near the end.

OT: Deus Ex's Diamondback Revolver with Explosive Rounds is pretty much a rape machine.
Owned EVERYTHING with it. Robots big and small, humans big and small, bosses female and male alike.
Speaking of which, the third boss is the shittest I have ever encountered. Since he stands still for a brief second at the beginning, simply equip Grenade Launcher and pull trigger four times.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Bryan the Amazing said:
The most overpowered weapon is any weapon that is used to kill me.

Also, the most underpowered weapon is whatever weapon I happen to be using.
LMAO!

I think whats worse is that this is really true sometimes.

chaosbedlam said:
i have go to say that dam gun that could shoot through walls in perfect dark (cant quite remember the name atm) ghaaaaaaa! the amount of times i was running down a deserted hallway then BAM! dead. oh and an honourable mention to the BFG from doom.
That gun is called the FarSight XL I believe, and is also what I was about to say.

For a more modern OP weapon, the AK-74u from Blops with Rapid fire, the fucking knife from any COD game after COD4, and the noob tubes from MW2.

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
Phlakes said:
It's probably not the most, but I just started playing Borderlands after it went on a ludicrous sale, and I have and SMG that does 55 damage with four bullets per shot, and each shot takes 2 ammo, with 86 ammo per clip. It's basically an automatic shotgun and it rapes everything.

Takes down Spiderant Kings like they're Skag Whelps.

My Revolver did more damage than any non-modded weapon in the game.

I don't recall the exact stats, but it was over 1400 damage x7 per shot, had 200% critical bonus, and a few other minor bonuses. Couple that with the Hunter being the best class (ignoring shields completely, rapid fire pistols, infinite ammo on pistols, double shots nearly every shot etc.)

I could 1-shot anything in the game.

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
Probably Pillow Talk from Bayonetta. Pretty much exactly the same as Shuraba, your basic all-purpose weapon but with more power than your slower hard hitters.

Gorilla Gunk

May 21, 2011
The Feline in Crysis 2 and the FAMAS from Black Ops come to mind.

Both are practically game breakers.

meepop

Aug 18, 2009
The Super Cedar Log from Patapon 3. That shit is OP as fuck. Compared to some of the weapons in the game, this thing (Which is just a really long stick) does thousands more damage to enemies. And the best part is you can get it far before the end of the game, allowing you to steamroll through the rest of the game, provided you have the proper class unlocked.

QuadFish

God Damn Sorcerer
Dec 25, 2010
Midnight Crossroads said:
Blatherscythe said:
I've recently gone back to CoD:WaW and managed to get to level 53. Some of you may remember that this is the level where you unlock the PPSH41, or as I like to call it, the Russian spammer gun. I dubbed it this because of it's high rate of fire, with the Browning and MG42 with double tap come close to it in fire rate, medium damage and high accuracy. With a drum barrel it can hold [/b]70 bullets[/b] and has a short relod time.

Did the developers even try to balance this thing? People called the MP40 over powered, but the PPSH41 will usually beat an MP40 user. It has barely any recoil, so you don't even need to pace your shots. I thought WW2 SMG's were just a more accurate shotgun, used for clearing buildings and CQC areas. This gun can damn near kill anyone not using a sniper rifle.

I personally believe the PPSH41 to be one of the most OP weapons in a game. What do you guys/gals think is the most OP weapon in any game?
It was worse in the first Call of Duty. It always had a drum, was available from the start, and most Russian maps were urban. It was the original noob tube of the series. Although, the Garand and MP44 were stupid powerful once you learned their individual quirks. Thankfully, at the time, you could only spawn with faction weapons.

Of Call of Duty specifically, the most overpowered weapon was the M16 in 4. That gun was crazy overpowered. I could pull the most amazing kill streaks. Only a lack of ammunition held that weapon back.

Out of all the games I've played, probably the beads in Okami. You had to earn them and only were able to exploit them in a new game, but they kicked all sorts of ass.
Ah, the first Call of Duty. Nice nostalgia moment there.

Finding the PPSH (PPPSH?) in that was always a pretty exciting moment, even if it had just about the worst accuracy of all the game's weapons. Though the best moment was when the game felt generous and gave you an FG42 in one of the early levels. It was like a sniper rifle, SMG and assault rifle all in one. It only appeared like 1 time in 4 though.

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
JayDub147 said:
This, LOVED that pistol, best gun in the game when fully upgraded! (except for bossfights where explosives where the best thing to use)

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
The most OP weapon ever?

[HEADING=1]ME[/HEADING]

I jest, I suck at shooters. Snipers in CoD - not overpowered as such, but I feel they ruin he flow of the game. 70% of my deaths were sniper shots from no where

EDIT: Retarded double post, completely my fault - wont happen again.