Most pointless character in a game

CasualZombie

Mar 14, 2008
squid5580 post=9.69498.661835 said:
Noober from Baldur's Gate.
noway, After I found out talk to him enough and he gives you free XP "AND" goes away (unlike that goodie-goodie ***** from Skies of Arcadia)

QuadrAlien post=9.69498.661789 said:
Accurate as the statements about the Microsoft Paperclip may be, surely if you're considering Microsoft Word a game then your standards are beginning to slip rather seriously?

(Edited for overuse of the word "surely")
Anyone who thinks "Microsoft Word" isn't a game has never gambled on how long they can make typing sounds on a keyboard till your boss figures out you're not actually working (I'm going for 4 months :D )

FuzziBunni

Jun 11, 2008
CasualZombie post=9.69498.662097 said:
squid5580 post=9.69498.661835 said:
Noober from Baldur's Gate.
noway, After I found out talk to him enough and he gives you free XP "AND" goes away (unlike that goodie-goodie ***** from Skies of Arcadia)

QuadrAlien post=9.69498.661789 said:
Accurate as the statements about the Microsoft Paperclip may be, surely if you're considering Microsoft Word a game then your standards are beginning to slip rather seriously?

(Edited for overuse of the word "surely")
Anyone who thinks "Microsoft Word" isn't a game has never gambled on how long they can make typing sounds on a keyboard till your boss figures out you're not actually working (I'm going for 4 months :D )
That or switching the screen between Word and a game online.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Navi from OoT. "Hey!" "Hey!" "Hey!" "Listen!" "Hey!" SHUT THE FUCK UP NAVI! god damn.

wewontdie11

May 28, 2008
The Arbiter. Him and his missions sucked ass in Halo 2, he does sweet F A for you in Halo 3 except stand there and fire the occasional badly aimed burst, and when picked in the multiplayer he's far too easy to headshot compared to the Chief and therefore completely redundant unless you like dying.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
Rock in SC4. His story in pathetic, and he's a clone of better characters.

Whoracle

Jan 7, 2008
Spacelord post=9.69498.661999 said:
My vote goes out to Cream the Rabbit.
... which, incidentally, could well be the most awesome and sexually ambigious Name ever to be in a game, if you view it as an imperative *whistles innocently*

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
I wouldn't consider the majority of the Tekken characters pointless, maybe ancillary to one of the storylines, but not pointless, as the main storyline is it's a fighting tournament.

It's pretty difficult to put on a fighting tournament with only 3 people, a grandad, his son & grandson, even if it is organised by the grandad's company.

If it wasn't for the other characters, it wouldn't be the "King of the Iron Fist Tournament", but more like an episode of Trisha or Jeremy Kyle, The Mishima Family Feud.

The game's a fighting game based around a tournament, so you have to have more than 3 characters, 3 generations of the same guy. Every character has a legitimate reason to be there since they're all invited to/enter the tournament.

If it were a JRPG about the Devil gene & the Mishimas, then maybe the rest of the roster would be pointless NPC's, but it's not, it's a fighting game.

TaborMallory

May 4, 2008
Princess Peach. God damn, I can't believe anyone mentioned her yet. Always getting her ass captured, and whenever she gets saved, shes like, bargbarg ok barg thanklessness ima go get captured again. Almost reminds me of my ex in a strange way.

Arntor

Feb 5, 2008
Lady Grey from Fable. Like Yahtzee, I expected a diabolical duo of sorts after the marriage, but she just broods in her manor and walks around aimlessly all day. I guess if you treat her well enough she'd routinely give you a Solus Greatsword which is nice for some extra gold, but by that time I already figured out the glitch for infinite gold.

Edit: This is based on just the original Fable experience, not Lost Chapters.

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
TaborMallory post=9.69498.662321 said:
Princess Peach. God damn, I can't believe anyone mentioned her yet. Always getting her ass captured, and whenever she gets saved, shes like, bargbarg ok barg thanklessness ima go get captured again. Almost reminds me of my ex in a strange way.
Peach being captured gave Mario a reson to travel around collecting stars and the sort although, one could argue it would be reletively easy to create a new character to be captured.

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
Jamash post=9.69498.662173 said:
I wouldn't consider the majority of the Tekken characters pointless, maybe ancillary to one of the storylines, but not pointless, as the main storyline is it's a fighting tournament.

It's pretty difficult to put on a fighting tournament with only 3 people, a grandad, his son & grandson, even if it is organised by the grandad's company.

If it wasn't for the other characters, it wouldn't be the "King of the Iron Fist Tournament", but more like an episode of Trisha or Jeremy Kyle, The Mishima Family Feud.

The game's a fighting game based around a tournament, so you have to have more than 3 characters, 3 generations of the same guy. Every character has a legitimate reason to be there since they're all invited to/enter the tournament.

If it were a JRPG about the Devil gene & the Mishimas, then maybe the rest of the roster would be pointless NPC's, but it's not, it's a fighting game.
I agree with your statement about needing the rest oof the characters to make the game more than 2 battles long but my point is nobody will play as Steve Fox the boxer or Panda etc etc.

rowan-thats-me

Jul 23, 2008
smokeraven post=9.69498.661796 said:
Kimahri in FFX, i've never used him once
:O kimahri was my best character, it easy to make him do anything you wanted, how could you not love that feline mute(well, almost mute)

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
Oh got another fighting game one; Olimar, Lucas, Ness, Dedede, Snake, Mario, Luigi and Peace from SSBB.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
leefos in viva pinata, yes she teaches u about the controlls and stuff but when uve learnd it all she stays in the garden getting in your way and giving advice ud never need to use

Relgaro

May 30, 2008
Otis from Dead Rising, though he isnt with you.. .he decides to call you during the worst situations.