Most Ridiculously Overpowered Weapon?

BlueMartian

Mar 22, 2009
Chicago Typewriter - RE4
Infinite ammo, plus the fact one bullet kills the enemies made the game way too easy once you got it

Refritz

Apr 18, 2009
The Redeemer from the Unreal Tournament series. In some of the games you can fire it and control the missile through the map... Not just that but it creates a massive explosion where it lands killing enyone unfortunate enough to be near it.

Oh... And the Rocket Launcher from Resident Evil 5. An auto-kill weapon... It will kill all enemies and all bosses in 1 shot. At first it is only a 1 time-use thing until you beat the story in under 5 hours which gives you infinite ammo.

Evil Tim

Apr 18, 2009
Refritz said:
Oh... And the Rocket Launcher from Resident Evil 5. An auto-kill weapon... It will kill all enemies and all bosses in 1 shot. At first it is only a 1 time-use thing until you beat the story in under 5 hours which gives you infinite ammo.
4's did that, too.

Koeryn

Mar 2, 2009
Another UT weapon, though admitedly only available through mutators.

And I have two, btw.

The first: Nuclear Arrows. I believe they were an Unreal4Ever weapon, along with the Quantum Singularity arrows, but the QS Arrows or redeemer couldn't kill people THROUGH WALLS. Nuclear arrows had three times the Redeemer blast radius, with eight times the power.

Second: Redeemer Fireworks. Becuase firing one slow moving redeemer missle on a straight path through the longest part of a level (Or the Highspeed CTF map) that spat out redeemer 'sparks' and exploded as a redeemer when it finally hit something? AWESOME.)

Kirosilence

Nov 28, 2007
From Unreal Tournament 3.

Trident Defensive Technologies continues to tweak and refine the flak cannon with their newly released Mk4 "Peacekeeper." In spite of its new name, the flak cannon remains banned from most military conflicts for high incidences of maiming and collateral damage. Still, the flak cannon is the weapon of choice for unconventional warfare in urban terrain. The primary mode detonates the flak shell in the barrel, launching shrapnel forward in a deadly shotgun pattern but often deafening the operator. The cannon also lobs an explosive flak shell that detonates on contact, sending shrapnel in a dangerously wide and unpredictable radius.

Need I say more?

Refritz

Apr 18, 2009
Kirosilence said:

Trident Defensive Technologies continues to tweak and refine the flak cannon with their newly released Mk4 "Peacekeeper." In spite of its new name, the flak cannon remains banned from most military conflicts for high incidences of maiming and collateral damage. Still, the flak cannon is the weapon of choice for unconventional warfare in urban terrain. The primary mode detonates the flak shell in the barrel, launching shrapnel forward in a deadly shotgun pattern but often deafening the operator. The cannon also lobs an explosive flak shell that detonates on contact, sending shrapnel in a dangerously wide and unpredictable radius.

Need I say more?
Flak Cannon doesn't stand a chance against the Redeemer ;)

Kirosilence

Nov 28, 2007
Refritz said:
Kirosilence said:

Need I say more?
Flak Cannon doesn't stand a chance against the Redeemer ;)
I would not be so overconfident my friend. I have managed to shoot down a redeemer rocket with the flak cannon, admittedly it was a huge ball of luck.

Cesasse

Apr 18, 2009
Redeemer is one shot. Flak cannon is, well, quite a bit. And there's a tonne littered around, because this is all that's used in LAN with my friends.

Here's another choice - the Painkiller.

Zersy

Nov 11, 2008
Barry93 said:
Pulse Cannon from R2
NO !

In R2 it's Nathan hales hands at the end !

He blows enemies into chunks of meat just by a simple wave of his hands !

even the titans didn't stand a chance !

toapat

Mar 28, 2009
Leviathan in UT04 while fully manned, highest armor and damage vehicle in the game.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
The R.Y.N.O IV from Ratchet and Clank (Future): Tools of destruction. It has the ability to wipe out the final boss in seconds, and that is not what Ratchet & Clank Deserve.

Ratchet & Clank deserve a boss fight which takes a fair while and is pretty damn difficult. Obviously Insomniac were asleep when that was said.

Unknower

Jun 4, 2008
AWP. For obvious reasons.
VTOL in Crysis MP. Think about a helicopter + a fighter jet combined.

Evil Tim

Apr 18, 2009
UNKNOWNINCOGNITO said:
Barry93 said:
Pulse Cannon from R2
NO !

In R2 it's Nathan hales hands at the end !

He blows enemies into chunks of meat just by a simple wave of his hands !

even the titans didn't stand a chance !
That's just the Pulse Cannon's alt fire.

Amsay

Mar 26, 2009
Cesasse said:
Rome: Total War.

CAAAAAVAAAAAALRYYYYYYYY!
This. Cavalry archers are near impossible to kill, especially if you have no cavalry yourself. These things could run and shoot at the same time, so they could kill you while keeping at a safe distance.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
Most of the mining equipment from Dead Space, the ripper, the line gun, the force gun, the plasma cutter (my affectionate favourite) all these tools were insanley overpowered. Making the hideous alien monsters spawned from fresh corpses look pitiful and weak by comparison.
Ironically the only actual WEAPON in the game was practically useless for the most part.

I've also resisted the urge to mention my beleif that in Halo 3 at least every weapon is balanced completely fairly, because I vowed to make less Halo themed posts. See I'm learning give me time and you will see results!