Most Ridiculously Overpowered Weapon?

da_ivo

Mar 2, 2009
the re4 chicago typewriter.... havent been to the unlimited lazorbeam-gun yet (i dont thin its even necesarry) dont mind necesarry..

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
The pimped out Gravity Gun pwns ALL. Can take down a Strider with one of those suckers...

Or HL2's SMG once you get some of those grenade thingies for it. That's my "Solve-any-problem" button!

da_ivo

Mar 2, 2009
BlueMartian said:
Chicago Typewriter - RE4
Infinite ammo, plus the fact one bullet kills the enemies made the game way too easy once you got it
yay same thougt!

Unknower

Jun 4, 2008
Amsay said:
Cesasse said:
Rome: Total War.

CAAAAAVAAAAAALRYYYYYYYY!
This. Cavalry archers are near impossible to kill, especially if you have no cavalry yourself. These things could run and shoot at the same time, so they could kill you while keeping at a safe distance.
They carry shitloads of arrows too.

I remember another one: the Rebel Torpedo cruiser (or whatever) from Empire At War: Forces of Corruption. Fast, heavily shielded, turbolasers miss it, it's meant to be anti-capital-ship-ship but it also has clusterbombs which destroy fighters and bombers in shitloads, tractor beams hardly slow it down and it's shields regenerate way too fast. Also, the AI spams them like crazy.

Fudgo

Apr 11, 2009
Railgun from Red Faction. You can see the enemy through walls with it, it shoots through walls, and will still be a one-hit kill, even from across the map, no matter how many walls it went through.

Cesasse

Apr 18, 2009
Unknower said:
Amsay said:
Cesasse said:
Rome: Total War.

CAAAAAVAAAAAALRYYYYYYYY!
This. Cavalry archers are near impossible to kill, especially if you have no cavalry yourself. These things could run and shoot at the same time, so they could kill you while keeping at a safe distance.
They carry shitloads of of arrows too.
No. Not cavalry archers. Just cavalry. Honestly. You can win utilising melee cavalry alone with maybe one infantry unit for the sake of variety. But that infantry will never be used.

Ever.

Lord_Ascendant

Jan 14, 2008
UltimaProtos from Nali Weapons II mod for Unreal Tournament

Its a gun that shoots a giant ball of omni-destructive death that's slowly expands over the entire map. How is that no awesome?

BloodSquirrel

Jun 23, 2008
sebar nl said:
Fable 2: the Daichi katana
The Sword of Aeons was much more powerful.

I'll go ahead and say Halo. As in the weapon system itself. Take THAT all biomass in the galaxy....

Son of Makuta

Nov 4, 2008
The Tsunami BETA and Armageddonator from Jets 'n' Guns. Sure, you have to beat the game a couple of times to get them, but holy crap.

Perfect Thanatos in Chaos Legion. Once you level him up that far, he can do pretty much the entire level for you. Bosses included.

Unreal Tournament's flak cannon. Love that thing.

I wouldn't call it overpowered, rather that all the other weapons are a bit underpowered (stuff in this game takes ages to die... and there's so much of it!), but my level-21 character's Triton sniper rifle in Hellgate: London has a damage stat of over 200.

The cannon from the Serious Sam games. Imagine a gun that fires a massive uranium-laced metal ball about a metre across, that rolls across the ground at a medium-fast speed, bouncing off walls. This cannonball deals two rockets' worth of damage to anything it hits - and doesn't stop. No, it keeps going, rolling through enemies until its timer runs out or it hits something it can't destroy in one hit, and explodes massively. Better yet, you can charge the weapon; holding the trigger down for a second or so turns the shot into a faster-moving, burning version that does about three times the damage.

The Type 7 Particle Weapon in FEAR. Its zoom is better than the sniper rifle's, doesn't drift and doesn't close off your screen to a tiny scope-thing. And it kills basic baddies in one hit. I say kills; it turns them into clouds of blood and a scorched skeleton.

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
The Mother of all Bombs? Or Nukes in Rise of Nations, basically RTSs turn into whoever-builds-nukes-first-wins games.

Lusperus

Aug 20, 2008
BlueMartian said:
Chicago Typewriter - RE4
Infinite ammo, plus the fact one bullet kills the enemies made the game way too easy once you got it
That and the handcannon, and the P.R.L. whatever the hell it was called.