Most romantic moment in your life

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Closest to romantic for me would be watching Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest with my ex-girlfriend. We sat on the couch, got a blanket and snuggled up under that. And for those of you with your minds in the gutter, yes we were fully clothed, and yes all we did was just hold each other.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Pariah87 said:
One morning I sat for hours watching this girl sleep. She was beautiful and as I stared at her deep brunette hair I couldn't help but feel a deep connection...Then she woke up, saw me staring through the window and started screaming.
I knew it was coming, but I still laughed xD

OT: The day I got to play Mafia; my one true love <3

Also, the word romantic makes me feel nauseous - be a man about it people. You lot are too touchy-feely.

Nayru

Aug 18, 2010
This might make several people cringe out there but hear me out.

My ex-boyfriend and I were out on our first date, we'd known each other for years through Drama. He helped me through lot of things including a break-up and after that we both decided to give it a shot (I know what you're thinking, Re-bound! That is really not the case) Anyway, we went to the cinema, went for dinner afterwards at Pizza Hut, not really romantic I know but after dinner we went for a walk on the beach. We sat down at the beach and talked for hours about everything and nothing. Then he stands up, puts his hand out to me and says "Dance with me". We slow danced as the sun was setting.

Feel free to bash all you like. I cringe at it now but if you were in my shoes at the time you would have melted. :)

Edorf

May 30, 2010
Good question! I know I had some romantic moments with my ex-girlfriend which I was with for 3 years... I just cant pinpoint them. :| I've had quite a few other semi-romantic moments with girls who are not my girlfriends, but again... I cant pinpoint anything :p

Nayru said:
This might make several people cringe out there but hear me out.

My ex-boyfriend and I were out on our first date, we'd known each other for years through Drama. He helped me through lot of things including a break-up and after that we both decided to give it a shot (I know what you're thinking, Re-bound! That is really not the case) Anyway, we went to the cinema, went for dinner afterwards at Pizza Hut, not really romantic I know but after dinner we went for a walk on the beach. We sat down at the beach and talked for hours about everything and nothing. Then he stands up, puts his hand out to me and says "Dance with me". We slow danced as the sun was setting.

Feel free to bash all you like. I cringe at it now but if you were in my shoes at the time you would have melted. :)
That's just soooo romantic ;O (seriously!!! and I'm a guy!)
I really do envy people who can talk for hours! I usually run out of things to talk about within a minute, or 5.

Woodsey said:
Also, the word romantic makes me feel nauseous - be a man about it people. You lot are too touchy-feely.
The escapists are touchy-feely... It's the internet - where macho men can let their tears flow.

Dragunai

Feb 5, 2007
LustFull0ne said:
My first kiss.

Sure, it's a sappy answer. But, dammit.........

......I was pretty happy that day.
This just ties back to the Mortal Kombat Joke from earlier haha.

shroomofinsanity

Aug 15, 2010
@Dragunai: I have to say, there is no want here for warm reception, that is for sure, lol. If I may state another story, that is more obviously romantic, in that sappy way. I was 17, My girlfriend at the time and I were on a church retreat. The genders were split into different cabins, but I would not let that stop my plans. I woke up at the crack of dawn and sneaked across the camp ground and got a friend to let me into the girl's cabin(I suppose this is a point to state I was the president for this youth group, so for shame I am aware). So I figure out where she is sleeping and go into the room she is sharing with the very strict chaperon! Well this was now or never time, if she freaked I was dead, so I just leaned in and kissed her good morning, she responded in kind and later told me it was one of her fantasies to be woken up that way so I got very lucky.

Thanks for putting up with my verbose stories and I love reading the comments of others on this personal subject.

To those of you under 18 or so: You won't listen to me, but don't be distraught, I didn't have a girlfriend for the first time until I was 17 and ever since then, women have led to pain and hurt, though it is not like I am blameless on my end..*nervous laughter* What I mean to get at is don't be in a rush, cause once the dating train starts it never really stops and things only become infinitely more complex.

Dragunai

Feb 5, 2007
shroomofinsanity said:
@Dragunai: I have to say, there is no want here for warm reception, that is for sure, lol. If I may state another story, that is more obviously romantic, in that sappy way. I was 17, My girlfriend at the time and I were on a church retreat. The genders were split into different cabins, but I would not let that stop my plans. I woke up at the crack of dawn and sneaked across the camp ground and got a friend to let me into the girl's cabin(I suppose this is a point to state I was the president for this youth group, so for shame I am aware). So I figure out where she is sleeping and go into the room she is sharing with the very strict chaperon! Well this was now or never time, if she freaked I was dead, so I just leaned in and kissed her good morning, she responded in kind and later told me it was one of her fantasies to be woken up that way so I got very lucky.

Thanks for putting up with my verbose stories and I love reading the comments of others on this personal subject.

To those of you under 18 or so: You won't listen to me, but don't be distraught, I didn't have a girlfriend for the first time until I was 17 and ever since then, women have led to pain and hurt, though it is not like I am blameless on my end..*nervous laughter* What I mean to get at is don't be in a rush, cause once the dating train starts it never really stops and things only become infinitely more complex.
Your right dude, I didn't get my 1st serious relationship until I was 19 and then again when I was 22. Doesnt happen over night and don't let it get the better of you nor let it change you!

I got weak and became a wet li'l *****. Working back to my over confident jerk off origins haha.

Keep the stories coming in.
The one in the Retreat is a nice Romeo and Juliet against all odds sorta thing. Love it ^_^

TOTL_UNIALAYSHUN

Aug 24, 2010
Most romantic moment of my life!

I remember it perfectly. Me and my soon to be girlfriend Samie were hanging out with my other friends Tiffany and Jacob. We were simply walking around. But me and Samie were texting eachother, basically complimenting eachothers' looks and flirting in a secret conversation. We stopped at a Pizza Pizza for dinner and I was trying very hard to coax Samie into holding my hand. Me being as shy as I am I could never sum up the nerve to do it myself. I dared her to, making it flirty so I didn't seem like too much of a pansy.

Later on we just entered a store and she grabbed my hand, pulled me off to the side, and said 'Happy?'. We held hands for most of the rest of the night. But I will always remember when we were walking back to her house, she stopped and kissed my cheek. I couldn't resist kissing her back...

It was very romantic.

Diver Down

Aug 21, 2010
I spent nine months trying to get the most amazing woman I had ever met to ditch her asshole of a boyfriend for me. One week, she said that her and her boyfriend had "separated" and we went out later, until about 2 in the morning, and thats when we made out. That was probably the most romantic moment I've had. But wait...

A few days later she tells me that she's now dating a dude she met on the internet and had been talking to for the few days after we made out and she basically dumped her boyfriend.

Enigmers

Dec 14, 2008
I can't really say I've felt anything romantic, but I am very jealous of the OP for having seen the Aurora Borealis. It's something I wanted to see ever since I saw the cartoon movie Balto.

I do remember kissing a girl at a 7th grade dance, thinking nobody would see. I was met with much cheering from her friends.

Blair Bennett

Jan 25, 2008
smearyllama said:
One time I got married in Harvest Moon when I was 8.
This...to the town drunk no less.

I've never really engaged in anything I could call romantic, at least not with a straight face...which is more than a little depressing when you consider that I am a demisexual.

Necator15

Jan 1, 2010
Is it a bit sad that my most romantic moment wasn't with a girlfriend? Just an extremely close friend.

Anyway I have to say it was over the summer. I went out with a friend (We go to the hotel I work at for dinner once every summer), and we decided to walk around in the lawn out back that overlooks the river. It was just after sunset, so there was just enough light to see by, and the setting was beautiful. We just kinda stood there for a while with our arms around each other looking out. We ended up leaving when some bloody kids ruined the moment, but it was nice while it lasted. Actually, that whole night was awesome... I really should ask her out next time I see her...

AMMO Kid

Jan 2, 2009
I put my arm around a girl I liked while we were walking together. Sadly, she ruined it by putting her hand in the center of my back, and holding it there. She liked me too, but for some reason at that moment I saw that she wasn't the one...

Dragunai

Feb 5, 2007
Enigmers said:
I can't really say I've felt anything romantic, but I am very jealous of the OP for having seen the Aurora Borealis. It's something I wanted to see ever since I saw the cartoon movie Balto.

I do remember kissing a girl at a 7th grade dance, thinking nobody would see. I was met with much cheering from her friends.
Its a beautiful sight and one of the natural wonders of the world for a reason haha.

TOTL_UNIALAYSHUN said:
Most romantic moment of my life!

I remember it perfectly. Me and my soon to be girlfriend Samie were hanging out with my other friends Tiffany and Jacob. We were simply walking around. But me and Samie were texting eachother, basically complimenting eachothers' looks and flirting in a secret conversation. We stopped at a Pizza Pizza for dinner and I was trying very hard to coax Samie into holding my hand. Me being as shy as I am I could never sum up the nerve to do it myself. I dared her to, making it flirty so I didn't seem like too much of a pansy.

Later on we just entered a store and she grabbed my hand, pulled me off to the side, and said 'Happy?'. We held hands for most of the rest of the night. But I will always remember when we were walking back to her house, she stopped and kissed my cheek. I couldn't resist kissing her back...

It was very romantic.
I liked this one a lot actually. Its got an innocent charm to it that sort of reminds me that the world is a warm and happy place full of little occasions like this. Im glad it worked out for you dude, Kudos.

Just so everyone knows, I am reading every single entry Im just responding to the ones I can relate to the most =) All these stories are fantastic to read. Just what I need on such a rainy day as it is now =P

Incedently Im gonna add a small thing I encountered today myself.

As mentioned the weather has sucked pretty badly around me lately and I had to get 2 busses in my local town today for some appointment or other. Spent the day getting rained on or in some boring ass conference room being lecturered on why life isnt worth living (think that was the subject matter, I zoned out 30 seconds in haha).

Anyway I ended up heading over to a Greg's (for those of you not in the UK Gregs is a small bakery / café deal. Sells coffee, donuts etc) and there was this girl working there with a trainee badge on her chest. I got some coffee to hide from the rain 'til my return bus came in.

This girl had the most beautiful eyes I have seen in a very long time and her smile literally shifted me from the miserable, bedraggelled mood I was in and made me feel really good. I even started smiling and asking her about her trainee position there. She was so sweet and friendly and just had that attitude of the sort of girl who can make the worst days seem good.

No clue how old she is, looked in mid - late teens but all the same she was such a nice person I thought I'd remark on it here. That said, she did seem to hang around my table a lot despite my not needing anything from her.

Ponderous thoughts indeed, hehe.

Keep the stories coming in.
Its nice to know love and romance aren't dead.

Dragunai

shroomofinsanity

Aug 15, 2010
I am glad that this thread isn't quite dead, and I hope it lives for a long time, cause Dragunai is right, it is uplifting to read these stories when you are depressed about life.

One more quick one since I was reminded of it today.

I was just entering 11th grade, I had spent the latter half of 10th in love with this girl, and had poured my heart out to her at the end of the year only to have her deny me. Anyways I hadn't talked to her all summer due to awkwardness, and I was delivering attendance room passes (I worked there during last period, as I had a study hall). I had walked into the upper lobby of the main building, where the big stairs were, and who do I see coming through the other side of the lobby, but her. I freeze instantly and just stare at her; she sees me, stops, then drops into a dead run and leaps at me, tackle hugging me at the top of the stairs. Time froze and the world ceased to exist around us. We stood at the top of the stairs for about 10 minutes just enjoying each other, and talking about life.

These are the moments I live for in life, and they are better when you leave out the little details about how we still did not date, not for another 3 years, then got engaged, then I was thrown away like garbage. I like to focus on the lighter side of things and remember the vivid times that I wish I could return to.

I have so many of these little stories, Drag, I could do this all day.

--shroomofinsanity--

Dragunai

Feb 5, 2007
shroomofinsanity said:
I am glad that this thread isn't quite dead, and I hope it lives for a long time, cause Dragunai is right, it is uplifting to read these stories when you are depressed about life.

One more quick one since I was reminded of it today.

I was just entering 11th grade, I had spent the latter half of 10th in love with this girl, and had poured my heart out to her at the end of the year only to have her deny me. Anyways I hadn't talked to her all summer due to awkwardness, and I was delivering attendance room passes (I worked there during last period, as I had a study hall). I had walked into the upper lobby of the main building, where the big stairs were, and who do I see coming through the other side of the lobby, but her. I freeze instantly and just stare at her; she sees me, stops, then drops into a dead run and leaps at me, tackle hugging me at the top of the stairs. Time froze and the world ceased to exist around us. We stood at the top of the stairs for about 10 minutes just enjoying each other, and talking about life.

These are the moments I live for in life, and they are better when you leave out the little details about how we still did not date, not for another 3 years, then got engaged, then I was thrown away like garbage. I like to focus on the lighter side of things and remember the vivid times that I wish I could return to.

I have so many of these little stories, Drag, I could do this all day.

--shroomofinsanity--
Id like to see this one go for a while but it seems to be losing momentum.
GO ahead and post more ^^ its always cool when someone has a lot of love heh.