Most stupid personal question you've been asked?

DrgoFx

Aug 30, 2011
This deals with personal questions, questions about you as a person. What is the most stupid question you've been asked?

For me, it always deals with my nationality. Due to my parents' life style, they hop around the world, going from country to country working for the Military and State Department. So obviously, there was a high chance for me to be born over seas, which I was. I stayed in that country for only four months until my dad flew back to the state with me. Due to the fact I was born to an American mother, I'm an American Citizen and my birth certificate, although Bahraini, states I am "An American Born Abroad." ...Unfortunately, people don't grasp this concept and I'm constantly asked if I know Arabic, or if I worked with Osama Bin Laden...It's even worse sometimes when I just say "Oh, I live in Greece." "So you're Greek American?" "...No, I'm just American." "Then why are you in Greece?" "Parents." "So your parents are Greek...?" "...Just...stop."

It's honestly just annoying as all hell...And it's mainly with Americans because America is one of the only countries that allows citizenship to those born in it. Although most countries with that law have restrictions like living a set number of years in the country, or being of certain age, or having a drivers license in that country or getting schooling there.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
DrgoFx said:
This deals with personal questions, questions about you as a person. What is the most stupid question you've been asked?

For me, it always deals with my nationality. Due to my parents' life style, they hop around the world, going from country to country
wha....your parents are Gypsies?...
[quote/]working for the Military and State Department..[/quote]

oh :(

for me...hmmmm, I cant really blame others for aksing questions..especially if they dont know much about me or the subject matter...I know Ive probably asked some stupid ones...

basically when people ask what I'm doing or what I did...I can;t really say "oh well I finished Infamous 2 and uninstalled the secret world," because...yeah

so I just say nothing...I do nothing alot thease days XD

Powereaver

Apr 25, 2010
Does my little sister find it hard to get boyfriends.... had a friend ask that to me once.. its like WHY??? i still dont know why she asked that :p

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009

The real most stupid personal question I've been asked is: "How long did it take for you to stop sucking your thumb?"

No, this wasn't being directed at me as a joke in reference to me being childish. My friend legitimately asked me that one day. I... I just don't know. I don't know the answer and I don't know if he was asking just to be random or was just being a dork.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
"You make art for a living?"

(Which isn't a bad question by it's self, the problem is what came after)

"Get a REAL job."

IndomitableSam

Sep 6, 2011
I have an identical twin sister - the only thing different about us is that her hair is a few inches longer. People will always ask us "Are you twins?" which isn't so dumb in itself... but there are those rare, stupid few, who go on to ask "are you sisters?"

... No. No, we're not. We're just twins.

Rastien

Pro Misinformationalist
Jun 22, 2011
First thing my sister asked me when she found me by the side of the road after being hit by a car.

"Are you okay?"

"FUNNILY ENOUGH NO!, CALL ME A BLOODY AMUBLANCE"

I was in alot of pain and on reflection she was probably really worried, but fuck me if at the i was angry as i was quite clearly not okay and needed medical attention xD.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
IndomitableSam said:
I have an identical twin sister - the only thing different about us is that her hair is a few inches longer. People will always ask us "Are you twins?" which isn't so dumb in itself... but there are those rare, stupid few, who go on to ask "are you sisters?"

... No. No, we're not. We're just twins.
I used to get asked a lot if my sister was my twin.
She's not, she's two years older than me and several inches taller. And my hair is curly and hers is straight.
Apparently we look alike in the face though.
This led to a funny situation with my ex when I was going through old photos and he said `Oh, you look cute in this one`.
I just looked at the photo and said `Yeah, that's [sister], genius`.

templar1138a

Dec 1, 2010
It wasn't the question that was stupid so much as the response to my answer. I was asked this in high school:

Friend: So, what are you giving up for Lent?

Me: I'm giving up Lent for Lent.

Friend: Oh, how conformist of you.

Me: Oh, how Atheist of me.

Yeah. She was dumbstruck.

White_Lama

Feb 23, 2011
"Are you a closet-homosexual?"

Well, that's as close as I can translate it to English.
Basicly I got asked that by a girl after I said that I liked the colour pink.
I mean come on, my favorite shirt is pink, how could I not like the colour!

EDIT: Now don't look at my avatar and get any other opinions. I was bored.

Ryan Minns

Mar 29, 2011
"...Is it in?"

...*Dies a little inside*

Seriously though I don't really consider any question personal as long as it's only to do with me. I tend to answer honestly regardless though having to tell my housemates boss I'm NOT my housemate when he's STILL at work next to her is a little stupid... it's happened more than once

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
White_Lama said:

You know, this question is actually incredibly stupid. If she asked if you were a homosexual that would be just as rude, but at least it would be a simple matter of curiosity rather than a completely stupid one. Let's say you were a closet homosexual, if someone asked you if you were homosexual you would obviously deny it. Seriously, I am completely dumbstruck by this.

OT: I don't know what the stupidest question I've been asked is, but the one I can think of right now is "So you don't believe in god" right after I had told someone I was an Atheist. Well the definition of Atheism is that you don't believe in the existence of god so it would make sense if I didn't.

White_Lama

Feb 23, 2011
Yopaz said:
White_Lama said:

You know, this question is actually incredibly stupid. If she asked if you were a homosexual that would be just as rude, but at least it would be a simple matter of curiosity rather than a completely stupid one. Let's say you were a closet homosexual, if someone asked you if you were homosexual you would obviously deny it. Seriously, I am completely dumbstruck by this.
Oh trust me, I was quite dumbstruck aswell.
And well, I did deny it but also did a long explanation for her as to why I was not/could not be a closet-homosexual.

Relish in Chaos

Mar 7, 2012
When I was in Reception in primary school, I was actually asked by someone around my age if I was a boy or a girl, just because I had curly hair.

And recently, a girl asked me if I was guy after I just said, ?No, I wouldn?t fuck a dude?? during a conversation with my friends.

DrgoFx

Aug 30, 2011
Wolverine18 said:
DrgoFx said:
And it's mainly with Americans because America is one of the only countries that allows citizenship to those born in it.
Actually about 4 dozen countries use pure or modified Jus soli citizenship laws so the method is actually pretty common. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jus_soli
Well in such a case as mine, only two of the six countries I've lived in are on that list, and along with that It's only common in the Americas. If you look at Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia, it's not that common. Infact, Australia has a modified law. And 4 dozen is roughly 48, so 48 countries out of almost 200? I don't really see that qualifying as common...

DrgoFx

Aug 30, 2011
White_Lama said:

I like purple...I really like purple...So much in fact, I have three purple shirts of different tones and also a salmon colored shirt...One of my friends doesn't approve of any of the shirts.

neoontime

I forgot what this was before...
Jul 10, 2009
I've been asked by a not very close friend when I would be getting married, followed by how many kids I would have.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
"Have you ever sacrificed yourself?"

During my "Goth phase". No context was given beyond that. Suffice to say the question was too idiotic to respond to.

"Are you gay?"

After responding to a question about my favourite team with the answer that I do not like football. Apparently disliking a sport where grown men in shorts hug and kiss each other every time a ball is kicked into a net means that I am not attracted to women.

Who knew.