Most stupid personal question you've been asked?

Burig

Nov 8, 2010
"How can you get AIDS without taking drugs?" (seriously. I think he meant how do you get help for drugs without taking drugs, but can't be sure).

"What day is it?" (by my sister. On her fifteenth birthday. After having cake and opening her presents)

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
I'm in the military.

"How many people have you killed?"

I should have pretended to have a horrible PTSD episode just to fuck with them.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
"Do you cut yourself?"
No; that's why there are bloody great scars all over me. I have no idea where they came from. They just appeared. Overnight. There is no blood on my craft knife.
Admittedly, I do often lie in response but still. You'd think people would kind of realise; they're not exactly subtle.

II2

Mar 13, 2010
I realize it's probably a mandatory question said so often it's probably just a habitual tick from the government worker filling my forum, but she asked, "Do you wear corrective eyeware?" while staring me and my glasses in the face.

It made me laugh a bit, but from her half-vacant expression, I get the feeling she was just kinda going through the day on autopilot.

Vorpal Chill

Mar 31, 2010
"Is this interview making you nervous?"
You lead me to the back of the store, sit me in a dark room surrounded by strangers that know I came here alone, and ask me very personal questions. Yes. I now fear for my life.

cloudywolf13

Jul 6, 2009
I think this is a problem for a lot of gingers. Throughout middle school and high school I was asked "Are you related to [Other Red-head]?" or "Are you [Other Red-head's] brother?" etc. I looked nothing like the persons in question. It was frustrating. On the bright side, I got to respond with "I suppose we all look the same to you, don't we?" in the most serious voice I can manage. Every so often the especially dumb ones freaked out and started apologizing profusely. It was extra funny when they actually were asking me about my older brother.

MidnightSt

Sep 9, 2011
templar1138a said:
MidnightSt said:
templar1138a said:
It wasn't the question that was stupid so much as the response to my answer. I was asked this in high school:

Friend: So, what are you giving up for Lent?

Me: I'm giving up Lent for Lent.

Friend: Oh, how conformist of you.

Me: Oh, how Atheist of me.

Yeah. She was dumbstruck.
can't just let this one past me as I assume I'm going to like it a lot as soon as I find out what's Lent. So
What's Lent? Haven't found it in dictionary. (Actually I did, it told me what I already knew - past tense of "to lend", but it's clearly not that).
Being an Atheist, I barely know what it is myself. Next time, check wikipedia, not the dictionary.
Thank you, good sir. Also, not so funny an answer as I expected, but pretty cool nevertheless :)