Most tear jerking moment

Xaio30

Nov 24, 2010
[SPOILER FOR GURREN LAGANN]

When you see the beastman Viral's dreamworld and it is filled with the one thing he could never get; A wife and child. Add to this that he is normally pretty savage and not at all the emotional family type. That scene shows wonderfully how contrasted someones desires can be and it really jerked my tears.

jays club

Dec 12, 2011
For me when I first watched grave of the fireflies I was so sad and in tears when it finally finished.also deadly premonition made me cry near the end of the game and the my little dashie reading video on youtube by azekahh.

Zeetchmen

Aug 17, 2009
AC10 said:
Katawa Shoujo represent! Pretty much the whole thing was emotional for me. I cried several times.
Lilly and Rin's good endings man.

So many tears of joy.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Clannad afterstory.
I don't care how much of a man you are, that stuff hurts.
Made me shed one single tear.
This is from a man who was not bothered by Toy story 3.
And I honestly can't see the "Fry's dog" moment moving me either.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Harper0341 said:
If you have never played homeworld stay away!!

<a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXNQNeLDg5s>Homeworld mission 3

Never saw this one coming. You were expecting to take a group of colonists to your fabled homeworld aboard a ship that took 60 years and large percentage of your planets natural resources to build. Instead after returning from a mostly successful test of your hyperspace core, you find that everything you left behind was destroyed and the only survivors are the colonists still frozen in cryogenic suspension. Oh and pretty much half of the galaxy wants to destroy you.

Mix the SUPERB soundtrack with the awesome voice acting, and it becomes hard not to start to tear up a bit.

That moment changed the ENTIRE direction of the game, but made you want to finish the game even more.
Ah, good! Come join us! [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Homeworld-fans-group]

OT: I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Amsterdam.

<youtube=W7Lmi_uemSc>

Most tearjerking moment in any media, for me. Usually, when talking about "tearjerking" moments, I don't actually cry - but this brings me closest.

Adamc-mh

Jun 6, 2010
Robin's Back story in One Piece
Ending to Toy Story 3
A few parts from the Metal Gear Solid Games-Mainly One and Four

That's the few that I can remember off the top of my head.

Lev The Red

Aug 5, 2011
the closest i've ever come was Jurassic Bark, where you find out what happened to Fry's dog and the episode of pokemon where Ash makes pikachu run away (i don't remember why, exactly).

however, and i may have said this before on a similar forum, my grandfather (a russian) cried when he saw the ending to World at War.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
Liquidcool said:
The ending of Dexter season 4. That's all I'm saying.
although i didn't want it to happen, i was disappointed by dexter's reaction. i thought the end of season 5 was much more saddening, he felt like he had genuinely lost someone

Connor Lonske

Sep 30, 2008
The third act of UP(the Pixar film). A lot of people say the opening sequence was better, but me being a cynical person, I said the situation of the third act would never happen in reality, or to any large amount of people. I had no empathy and only a little pity when Carl was left with no family left after it ended.

It wasn't until the end for me to find it a believable story. I can't relate to a life filled with a perfect romance, but a man who can move on from that romance and still has a last adventure and a happy, new life after the change is something I can both wish to happen to me and empathize with.

Also, all of the movies soundtrack. God damn it was awesome, and tear jerking on it's own, even.

FreebirdLegend

Feb 3, 2011
Mine would have to be the ending to Claymore (anime) and I guess the ending to Snake eater. OH and I think the ending to Saving private Ryan made me tear as well as Seymour waiting forever. I have been shedding some manly tears recently(not within weeks or months time) for Games and movies. Maybe I am getting a better sense of things.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
TimeLord said:
Many manly tears were shed at the death of the 10th Doctor.

I didn't want you to go either David ;(
I agree, despite not really liking the episode. I do think that Eccleston had a much more subtle and sad regeneration, with him smiling sadly at Rose, just before he regenerated. I do wonder what would have happened if the 9th Doctor's series had a bigger budget, and, to be honest, I think the (relatively) low budget made it more personal, more human, relying more on the actors and script than the later RTD series. Just me though.

OT: Futurama dog, as usual, Torchwood Out of Time, The Illusionist (French animated film), and Red Dead Redemption, because really, who didn't cry manly tears at the end?

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
duckymcfly99 said:
DEATHROAD said:
What some people overlook: Fry's nephew. (Luck of the fryish)
I just watched that episode. I did almost cry at that one.

I almost cried like 4 times during Serenity.

When Book and Wash died I almost lost it. Especially Wash.
Youre a horrible horrible person for reminding me of that. It didnt happen dammit! Its so horribly final because i know we can never have the same old series back no matter what. Hes gone now. They both are.

Lumber Barber said:
That Fellowship Of The Ring ending..
Boromir's death... Oh god why. He was one of the few who I could sort of sympathize with because he wasn't some sort of superhuman perfect warrior that's always right about everything.
This too is so true. So so true. Its easy to relate to the characters who are so good but so flawed. So perfectly human.

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
AC10 said:
Katawa Shoujo represent! Pretty much the whole thing was emotional for me. I cried several times.
Zeetchmen said:
Lilly and Rin's good endings man.

So many tears of joy.
I only really cried at Rin's neutral ending. Something about that girl man...
;_;

Foxpack1

Dec 23, 2010
The end of Assassins Creed Embers. Anyone who watched it, especially right after Revelations knows what I mean.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
The ending of "Marley and Me", especially if you have or have had a dog, also the ending to "The Iron Giant", and the end of "Doctor Horrible's Sing-Along Blog".

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
redisforever said:
TimeLord said:
Many manly tears were shed at the death of the 10th Doctor.

I didn't want you to go either David ;(
I agree, despite not really liking the episode. I do think that Eccleston had a much more subtle and sad regeneration, with him smiling sadly at Rose, just before he regenerated. I do wonder what would have happened if the 9th Doctor's series had a bigger budget, and, to be honest, I think the (relatively) low budget made it more personal, more human, relying more on the actors and script than the later RTD series. Just me though.

OT: Futurama dog, as usual, Torchwood Out of Time, The Illusionist (French animated film), and Red Dead Redemption, because really, who didn't cry manly tears at the end?
Torchwood's "Out Of Time" was sad, but it is no way a bigger tear jerker than Ianto Jones dying in Jack's arms.

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
Nothing. Never had a moment like that. :/
I find that rage, anger, and terror affect me more than sadness and despair. Haven't found anything that's a good combo. A good anguished "NOOO!" perhaps.

Swyftstar

May 19, 2011
Two movies have made me cry.
I cried a little at the Color Purple. I am not even sure why exactly.
I started bawling towards the end of Glory. I don't think I've ever cried like that since I was a kid and haven't really since.

AM City Watch

Nov 10, 2010
I can't find a video of the relevant moment, but:
"Captain Hammer will save us."

Also, this:

The fact that it was the end of a comedy series just salts the wound.

omglazorspewpew

Nov 14, 2011
I too now get choked up whenever I hear "Walking On Sunshine" because of Jurassic Bark(Fry's Dog).

Also I am pretty sure if you didn't tear up the first time you saw Simba's reaction to his fathers death in the Lion King then you have no soul