Most Under-rated Game

WayOutThere

Aug 1, 2009
King Kong The Game

It's less that "no one likes it" and more that "no one payed attention to it" (despite positive reviews). Can you blame them? It's a frikin' movie game. However, having played what must be most of the game I can tell you my experience with the game has been AMAZING. It's incredibly immersive and cinimatic. Even the section where you play as Kong are good, if not as good. The main reason I like it is because I actually feel like I'm on this island fighting for my life. Perhaps most impressive is that the game doesn't kill me so often I loose immersion but does so often enough that I feel in real peril. That's a hard line to walk that few game developers get right.

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
Chibz said:
creationis apostate said:
Would you care to explain why he is a tool?
He goes into doing a review without doing the most basic amount of research on what to expect, to the quality of the review's detriment. Often he doesn't put a FRACTION of the time he should've into actually playing the game.

He's like a small child, wearing the guise of a professional. He can only imitate a proper reviewer and somehow gets paid for it.
You think a proper reviewer would sound like Yahtzee then? Haha.
Not that there are any good professional game reviewers.

Alex Stevens

Jun 15, 2011
Crash Time 3
its a $10 game on Xbox 360 and steam and in it has some of the funnest driving you can have in a racing game with this nice little feature that replays your awesome crashes a few seconds after you did it, traffic AI is fun and unpredictable (like it would be in real life)and the modding community is growing strong. another awesome thing is i have a fairly low end systm (a boot camped macbook to be exact)and i can run with most5 settings on high without lag or frame rate drop veen when i'm playing split screen with 3 of my friends (yes, split screen on a PC). one downside, it has won the award in my books for worst voice acting EVER, its just awful

Kavachi

Sep 18, 2009
eddierigs said:
Psychonauts.
Brutal Legend.
I thought most people like Psychonauts, but yeah, it's one hell of a game, same for Brütal Legend. I really like most Tim Schafer games tbh.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Alpha Protocol. The dialogue system still blows my mind and is the best thing we've ever seen in gaming imo, the story's pretty good, the game has humour, combat's good enough (beats Splinter Cell: Conviction any day, even find it more than fun Chaos Theory which I considered the pinnacle of the franchise).

Also Prototype. The amount of freedom in that game just surpasses all it's other failings (*cough* story *cough*). The system for getting around is fantastic, combat is a bundle of fun and it's just something I can play for hours on end, just messing with it's sandboxy aspects. It's been too long since a decent sandbox game was made tbh.

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
Mallefunction said:
Sly Cooper is HORRIBLY underrated. :)
Yes, it is! While I get overly excited when a new 'Ratchet & Clank' comes out, I'd pick Sly Cooper over the Lombax every day.

Both 'Saint's Row' games can easily join, I think they are a lot more fun than 'GTA' is. There's a little known game called 'Rule of Rose'. That one is pretty freaky, yet almost noone has ever heared the title. Same goes for 'Echo Night Beyond'. Seriously, play it for the ending alone.

Same goes for 'Lost Odyssey'. Guys, this game is more of a Final Fantasy title than any official game after Final Fantasy IX.

But all of them compare to the awesomeness that is 'Deadly Premonition'. Yes, it's got horrible graphics for a current gen title, but it's no excuse for dismissing it as terrible game. If you like the surreal Twin Peaks style of 'Alan Wake' then you must check out 'Deadly Premonition'.

Nomanslander

Feb 21, 2009
ChupathingyX said:
Judging by the amount of hate it gets on this forum I'm gonna go with...

Fallout: New Vegas.
Hate? True! But the funny part is in two years people on these forums and every other will still be talking about the game forgetting whatever game out just a month ago.

Want proof? Notice how FO3 is still getting threads, and so is Oblivion, and MW.

itchcrotch said:
the most recent i can think of is Vanquish
I think the 5 hour SP, and no MP was the raw deal that turned a lot people off. I mean a lot of shooters today get flank for being 8 hours but having a better MP. What's Vanquish's excuse? But the game wins on this list, I also had a lot of fun.

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
this isnt my name said:
jacobythehedgehog said:
I really enjoyed Oni on the PS2

But overall mine is Hunted: The Demon's Forge, that game was soo fun
I saw gameplay of oni today, looking over Bungies past work. I hope they rmake that game, looked great.

Overlord, it had a great artstyle, its story was quite good, funny,fun gameplay and good atmosphere. Just avoid overlord 2.

PLAY THE DEMO!
I agree, except for the avoid Overlord 2 part.
I do believe I exterminated the elves in the first game though...

Goldeneye103X2

Jun 29, 2008
Valagetti said:
No More Heroes, Heroes Paradise. Its only on the PS3 so thats why its underated. Bad first impressions, but at the end it was alot of fun. Highly recommend it.
I love you. I'm playing that game right now actually. I've clocked approximately 20 hours, and still not bored.

OT:The Trace Memory/Another code series. Beautiful story and decent characters. Outright wonderful.

Lancallot

Jan 8, 2010
I'm gonna go with Baldurs gate:Dark alliance, one of my favourate ps2 titles and I think it deserves more fame

Winterfel

Feb 9, 2011
I don't know if it's been posted yet but Baten Kaitos: Eternal wings and the lost Ocean(the longest damn title I've seen in quite awhile aswell) for the GC wins this category every single time.
It's easliy one of the best JRPG's of the past decade and yet it's rarely mentioned.

DiabloBub666

Aug 1, 2010
Vice: Project D.O.O.M. Okay, okay, it was the bastard child of Castlevania and Ninja Gaiden, but it had its own charm and was really varied and fun.