Most Under-rated Game

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Was Drakenguard under rated? I remember alot of people not liking the grindy nature of the game but I loved it.

Most fucked up characters I've seen in a game too.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Alpha Protocol comes to mind, though to be fair anyone who complained about game breaking bugs has a very fair point. Seriously, it seldom crashes on me, but soooo many times I will load up a game and the boss I'm fighting/the dude I'm protecting have just vanished, forcing me to reload another save. If that doesn't bother you too much though, it really is worth it.

Honorable mentions to the Mount and Blade games, Brink and Overlord. All worth checking out, in my opinion.

Also, I seem to remember Splinter Cell Conviction getting some hate? From what I've played, it's fantastic, but Ubisoft just plain sucks at porting to PC, and Uplay is so fucking stupid...

BDKida

Jul 10, 2011
I am agreeing with Extra Credits' under- rated games review on The World Ends With You. There's a sequel coming up and the first one had me hooked!

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
aakibar said:
Fallout: New Vegas.
Ditto for me to, I absolutely loved that game and most of the bugs are fixed though and the dlc is very well done minus dead money[/quote]

Actually I thought Dead Money was fantastic, the story was very interesting and long, the Sierra Madre gave great atmosphere and environmental storytelling, the story connected to the Mojave especially with Father Elijah and the BoS and the character themselves were very unique and interesting. Plus Dead Money gave us a lot more insight into Ulysses.

Danny 6Speed said:
Explanation as to why New Vegas gets so much hate Lets look at my two most played characters the two Bethesda Fallouts.

Fallout:New Vegas: Dexter LVL 31, Karma Good,Playtime 32:12
Fallout 3: Daniel LVL 30,Karma Very good,Playtime 120+ hours
That proves nothing, the fact that you've played New Vegas for such a short time means you obviously don't look into the lore or anything.

Plus, Bethesda didn't make New Vegas.

Danny 6Speed

May 16, 2011
ChupathingyX said:
aakibar said:
Fallout: New Vegas.
Ditto for me to, I absolutely loved that game and most of the bugs are fixed though and the dlc is very well done minus dead money
Actually I thought Dead Money was fantastic, the story was very interesting and long, the Sierra Madre gave great atmosphere and environmental storytelling, the story connected to the Mojave especially with Father Elijah and the BoS and the character themselves were very unique and interesting. Plus Dead Money gave us a lot more insight into Ulysses.

Danny 6Speed said:
Explanation as to why New Vegas gets so much hate Lets look at my two most played characters the two Bethesda Fallouts.

Fallout:New Vegas: Dexter LVL 31, Karma Good,Playtime 32:12
Fallout 3: Daniel LVL 30,Karma Very good,Playtime 120+ hours
That proves nothing, the fact that you've played New Vegas for such a short time means you obviously don't look into the lore or anything.

Plus, Bethesda didn't make New Vegas.[/quote]
I have Played most all the quests + side quests on both playthoughs(ok not in New Vegas but the wiki says I am only missing 5hrs of content) but however to make you feel better I have 4 other playthoughs with an average 17 hrs.

Edit: why does it say Bethesda on the box?

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Danny 6Speed said:
I have Played most all the quests + side quests on both playthoughs(ok not in New Vegas but the wiki says I am only missing 5hrs of content) but however to make you feel better I have 4 other playthoughs with an average 17 hrs.

I still fail to see how that makes the game bad, all you're saying is that you played it less, you're giving absolutely no reason as to why it is bad or why Fallout 3 is better.

Bethesda published it, Obsidian developed it.

Danny 6Speed

May 16, 2011
ChupathingyX said:
Danny 6Speed said:

I still fail to see how that makes the game bad, all you're saying is that you played it less, you're giving absolutely no reason as to why it is bad or why Fallout 3 is better.

Bethesda published it, Obsidian developed it.
Didn't say it was bad but was less beefy and i still played the hell out of it but the smell of reuse and rushing covers the thing and the game world feels so small and all the interesting places seem to be up for sale on XBOX Live.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Danny 6Speed said:
Didn't say it was bad but was less beefy and i still played the hell out of it but the smell of reuse and rushing covers the thing and the game world feels so small and all the interesting places seem to be up for sale on XBOX Live.
Less beefy?

I'm pretty sure that New Vegas has more locations, quests, choices, characters and just about everything than F3.

Not to mention much more lore and deeper characters especially the companions, not those 2D cardboard cut-out companions from F3 who give you barely any backstory or insight into the world.

Not to mention the amount of gameplay aditions to spruce things up.

Danny 6Speed

May 16, 2011
That may be so but the quests were short and yes the game play is way better but the fact that i get bored wandering the wastes is a bad sign the feeling of "what now, oh nothing" and you still did not mention anything about the small world I want to see what you can counter to that (not trying to be aggressive this conversation is pretty entertaining).

Uber Evil

Mar 4, 2009
Couch Radish said:
Definitely Saint's Row 2. Almost everyone I know only knows of Grand Theft Auto.

I tell them SR2 is better than GTA4 but they never listen.
I couldn't get into SR2. Don't know why. Might have something to do with playing the PC port, which I swear to god was optimized worse than GTA4. I can play GTA4 on all high and get playable frame rates. Can't say the same for SR2. SR3 looks like the game God would make if he existed, though.

velcrokidneyz

Sep 28, 2010
i would hafta say beyond good and evil and psychonauts. so so so fun! why did they not get the attention they deserved?

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
creationis apostate said:
King Toasty said:
King Toasty said:
King Toasty said:
War for Cybertron. Got mediocre reviews, but the gameplay was fantastic and cool-looking. I'll be damned if I should stop truck-ramming jets in midair just because Yahtzee said it's borin.

Seriously, get this game. It's awesome.
wait, how is you saying that it is awesome more quantifiable that Yahtzee saying it is terrible?
OT: XIII for Ps2. That game is fucking amazing and I picked it up for three dollars along with zone of the enders.

...What? My head hurt trying to read that.
"How is you saying that it is awesome more quantifiable that Yahtcee saying it is terrible."

...?
Sorry, I'll simplify it.
Why is
YOu saying WfC is great>Yahtzee saying it sucks.
you mean, "Why do you think WfC is good, while Yahtzee hates it?"

The gameplay is amazingly cool-looking and fun, the scenery is gorgeous in most maps, it's fairly balanced and holy crap, the gameplay is good.
umm, no >.<
Why should I believe you in saying that it is good, rather than yahtzee who thinks it is crap? Does your opinion mean more?
What? Opinions don't have value. They're subjective. But I can disagree with Yahtzee's reasons for not liking the game.

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
Would you care to explain why he is a tool?
He goes into doing a review without doing the most basic amount of research on what to expect, to the quality of the review's detriment. Often he doesn't put a FRACTION of the time he should've into actually playing the game.

He's like a small child, wearing the guise of a professional. He can only imitate a proper reviewer and somehow gets paid for it.