Most under rated games you ever enjoyed.

MrBrightside919

Oct 2, 2008
coffin said:
MrBrightside919 said:
coffin said:
MrBrightside919 said:
One word: Psychonauts.

It was one of the most underrated games on the Xbox. I loved every second of that game, even though I was basically collecting a lot of stuff. The game was so unique in its look and solid in its gameplay.

It had some of the best levels in any platform game. The Milk Man Conspiracy is still one of the best things to ever be put into a game to date.

"I work on the roads, see my stop sign?"
Brightside i totally agree best game ever if anybody says otherwise without actually playing this game themselvs they should be striked across the face.
High five!

I seriously have beaten psychonauts 100% about 3 times and I STILL play it to this day...its that awesome
a game such as psychonauts is that freaking awesome it really does deserve such devotion good work my friend
Danke

Teachingaddict

Nov 8, 2008
Psychonauts
Perimeter
Freedom Force 1 and 2

and I dare anyone to disagree with this, personally imo the biggest game to be underated has to be...

Beyond Good and Evil

Jurnigan

Dec 23, 2008
I really wanted to like Beyond Good and Evil, but it's collecting dust after I lost my progress after a glitch. That would be on here if the gameplay wasn't bland and confusing. I played Amped 2 for a very long time; it's very addictive and the controls are really intuitive.

pieeater911

Jun 27, 2008
The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay was an amazing game.

I can't wait for the remake/new game. It's going to be kind of like The Orange Box, except it only has two games instead of five. It's also has multiplayer, which looks pretty awesome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chronicles_of_Riddick:_Assault_on_Dark_Athena

NordicNinja

Dec 17, 2008
I think a lot of people are confusing 'underrated' with 'underexposed.'

One of my favorite games, which hasn't had much love, would be Legacy of Kain: Defiance. Amazing story along with solid level design, with fun combat.

Ranooth

BEHIND YOU!!
Mar 26, 2008
Machines [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machines_(video_game)]. Apart from DK2 it is my most favourite RTS of all time.

Huge robotic gorillas that make earthquakes? YES PLEASE!

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
gigastrike said:
Search button: the game
I also like the game called Anti-Anusholes: The Game, and Destroy All Dejanazis! Path of The Escapist's Forum Member.

Seriously though, I also liked God Hand, simply because the combat in that game was so fun, so awesome, so, well, just awesome. I can't describe it.
And the story wasn't THAT bad.

Psyco Slim

Apr 16, 2008
Rainbow Six Vegas 2

The Pro Evolution Soccer series

Skate.

ChromeHounds

and i guess Tekken might count

blood77

Apr 23, 2008
not a zaar said:
GOD HAND

It was panned by critics and sold poorly and in part led to the closing of Clover studios, but man is it ever an awesome game. You can tell that it barely cleared alpha, the levels are bare and the graphics are not great, but what you do have is a game with an amazing fighting system and a lot of attention to detail where combos and motion captured moves are concerned. See for yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC2MvIC4j6E
Yeah that was fun on a bun.

Wam

Dec 25, 2008
Soldner : Secret Wars. With a good team and teamspeak, making full-scale assaults, using copters for airdrops and heavy support, on the ennemy positions, where every building could be destroyed was great fun.
Oh, and you could use tractors as roadblocks or use cars as improvised ammunition, dropping them with the winch of one of the helicopters.
Good times.

SnowCold

Oct 1, 2008
Vlane said:
blackriderrom said:
Chrono Trigger for Nintendo.
Sure, it was a few years ago, but I've never really heard of anyone knowing about it, and most people I showed it to said "What?"
I really liked the storyline, finished it at least ten times back then.

And Assassin's Creed is for the win, but who said it was bad?
Chrono Trigger is not an underrated game. It's one of the best games on the SNES and very popular actually.
I think it was IGN's top nintendo game of all time

Playbahnosh

Dec 12, 2007
meatloaf231 said:
Advent Rising!

Anyone?
Me! I've been waiting for Advent Rising 2 since I finished the first. It ends with "...to be continued" so they must make a sequel, right?

Right?

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
halonut117 said:
I have enjoyed several games that television idols and our own Yahtzee tore to pieces.
oookay yahtzee really picks at some things that don't bother most people directly, and judges many games by metrics that do not include how much fun they were. So just because yahtzee hated bioshock doesn't mean that people won't love playing it.

However, so many games out there are so fundamentally flawed that they are, as the recent article "how i learned to stop worrying and love superman 64" explained, they are more merchandise than video games.

There are truly bad games out there, and I don't get the same joy out of playing those that I get out of bad movie night drinking heavily while watching The Ruins (terrible movie, for the record) or The Unnamable (nameable? idk)

*most* of the games reviewed by yahtzee aren't unplayable. though I will not buy too human or alone in the dark 2 to find out if its as unplayable as everyone says

edit and the guy who said chrono trigger? what? thats offtopic. you mean to be replying to "games everyone fucking loved and ranted and raved about them until you tried them and loved it too"

Spaz91

Oct 7, 2008
Metal Gear Solid 2
Killzone

A lot of people were disappointed with these games but I love them!

MGS2>4
Killzone>Halo + Bioshock