Most Underrated Games

Blemontea

May 25, 2010
Nier, GAMEINFORMER IS FULL OF LIES! LIES I TELL YOU! along with one of my personal favorites, Chibi-Robo not sure if its underrated or if people just think its average but it makes picking up trash fun, and being a little robot interacting with toys funner, it awesome.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Darksiders. The only real press it got was negative (the playboy add thing) and other than that nobody seemed to notice it. It's actually a very fun game, a bit like God of War meets Legend of Zelda.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
y old favourite Vietcong. It has some wretched frustrating moments (like when the game forces you to crawl around a labyrinth of empty tunnels for literally half an hour), and it has aged terribly, but I still has a great atmosphere, soundtrack, and "quick fight" modes.

AidoruKami

Jun 10, 2010
rabidmidget said:
Strange, usually someone has said Psychonauts by now.
Psychonauts is an underrated game that's known as THE underrated game. It would be like somebody pointing out that Mario was platformer.

Also, Lost Magic. Most. Underrated. Game. Ever. (Red Dead Revolver, too)

I also find Perfect Dark to be underrated when compared to GoldenEye, and Spyro to be underrated when compared to Crash. That's a bit more of a personal thing, though...

Oh yeah, and every Star Fox game made after 64. (I could list tons similar to that-- Super Mario Sunshine, Metal Gear Solid 2, Final Fantasy XIII, Resistance 2, you get the idea...)

L4hlborg

Jul 11, 2009
Halo Wars. It's not a perfect game, but it doesn't deserve it's reputation as a complete failure. Some Halo players hated it for not being a shooter and non-Halo players hated it for being Halo. What it is, is a functioning rts on a console. That's not very common.

zauxz

Mar 8, 2009
Vampire - The Masquerade: Bloodlines.

Not as "underrated" as "unknown" and I think it deserves to be known and loved, it's such a great game...

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Jack Nettle said:
Heck, I don't know...
I really enjoyed both Mario Kart: Double Dash and Time Splitters 2 back when I played on my Game Cube, but we're they considered underrated?
I think the Gamecube was underrated period.

Buleet

Feb 21, 2010
Overlord 2 is a very fun game but for some reason gets underated,
most likely through the hype so they got less then they expectet.

Glamorgan

Seer of Light
Aug 16, 2009
Look, guys, there are like one of these a day. Can we please stop the "Underrated games" threads?
Please?

But, while I'm here, there was a game on the PS2 called "Kya: Dark Lineage. It is still to this day, one of my favorite games.

Baralak

Dec 9, 2009
Games I find Underrated:

-Army of Two (Seriously, I'll take this over ANY Call of Duty, and even Gears of War 2)

-Legend of the Mystical Ninja starring Goemon: Fun, Zelda-esque gameplay, but it's super-Japanese, funny, has it's own laugh track and YOU PILOT A MECH THAT'S A MOVIE STAR IN AMERICA. Yes, please. This game deserves to be on the VC. Seriously, why haven't you done it, Konami?! You'll make the cast Yu-Gi-Oh! cards, but not release it on the VC?!)

-Bujingai: The Forsaken City ( A REALLY Fun hack and slash game starring Gackt that is based in wuxia.)

- Final Fantasy X-2 (Seriously, I don't get all the hate. This game is just a blast to play and has one of the best FF battle systems ever!)

- Breakdown (This is, IMO, a FPS done right. I like auto-aim, as I'm super-twitchy. Amazing first-person Melee combat, and an awesome story to boot. This game needs a sequel BADLY)

-Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World ( Honestly, this is just a great game and I love Emil and Marta as characters. I was hooked throughout it all!)

- Naruto Shippuden: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 ( Fun, surprisingly complex fighting game, well balanced, with great online! Seriously, if you look past the Naruto aesthetics, you'll find a really well done 3d fighter for the Wii)

- Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers ( A really great hack and slash game for the Wii. I don't know why people never talk about it. Really fun, with responsive controls)

- There's more I wanna talk about, like Naruto: PAth fo the Ninja 2, a fun NAruto RPG, and LotR: The Third Age, Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone, and a few other, btu I'm too lazy to get into details for them, right now.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
None! You're all horrible.

Actually, Rock N Roll Racing and Lineage 2 (first 3 chronicles) I consider to be underrated.

Rock N Roll Racing was the first game I played where you can shoot lasers and missles at other races while listening to Black Sabbath, Megadeth, many other awesome bands.

Lineage 2 is one of the first MMO's to go full 3D, and it was also awesome because you could literally do anything in it if you had the power. Bots and Farmers were tortured good.

Apr 5, 2009
Midnight Crossroads said:
I say it a lot: Fatal Frame

Final Fantasy 9 when it's stacked up against the others.
Fatal Frame? I've heard of it, but the idea of how you kill enemies just sounds ridiculous to me. xD And FF9.. Just blegh. That game was good until this point:

Where it puts you into that temple where you can't use any magic, without telling you that you won't be able to use magic there. Makes that place impossible when the only character you have doing ANY damage at all is Zidane. Not to mention it was utterly short. I was at that temple within like.. Three hours or so of game time. Seriously. ; / .. Oh, and the plot. A Super Soft? Really?

WayOutThere said:
Geist

The game had some real originality to it. The flaws are well worth looking past.
Geist got sooooooo impossible at the boss where you took control of a soldier, and you had to fight the military leader guy, and a bunch of his cronies, and if the soldier you controlled died, you lost. Laaaame. ><

OT: I guess I would say the original Dawn of War games. They were great.

shadowyoasis

Feb 8, 2008
Buleet said:
Overlord 2 is a very fun game but for some reason gets underated,
most likely through the hype so they got less then they expectet.
You'll understand why its underrated if you play Overlord (the first one).

The first one was Genius, the second tried to improve upon it but only made it fail compared to the original.

Theres an old game that has become somewhat legendary after its time was done. Sacrifice. Its up on good old games. Amazing game, I love it still to this day.