Most Underrated Games

Michael Logan

Oct 19, 2008
Is Army of two really underrated? I thought it was a big title. (seeing as I know about it)Also I dont think Psychonauts can be considered underrated, since just about every single person on the internet likes it.

As for me I'd like to say that Obscure is a underrated game, it was fun playing coop with a friend in a horror game.

KarumaK

Sep 24, 2008
shticks said:
Any chance i get to guilt trip people for not getting behind Chromehounds i will take. Maybe with enough lobbying a sequel will be granted to us mortal souls.
When I finally broke down and bought Chromehounds it was $7.99.

I felt, and still do feel, utterly ripped off.

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
Jade Empire.

While you Bioware fanboys are huddling up with commander boring Shepards generic space "adventure" and dragon age with Bioware catering fully some of us appreciate Bioware's best game. Period.

tetron

Dec 9, 2009
Warsong for the sega genesis and Snatcher for the Sega CD

Pegghead said:
Jade Empire.

While you Bioware fanboys are huddling up with commander boring Shepards generic space "adventure" and dragon age with Bioware catering fully some of us appreciate Bioware's best game. Period.
Amen to that.

captainwolfos

Feb 14, 2009
Terramax said:
Jack Nettle said:
Heck, I don't know...
I really enjoyed both Mario Kart: Double Dash and Time Splitters 2 back when I played on my Game Cube, but we're they considered underrated?
I think the Gamecube was underrated period.
This. I heartily agree with the Cube being underrated. It was possibly one of my favourite ever consoles, aside from the Genesis.

On topic: Dungeon Keeper. Oh my god, Dungeon Keeper. Bring it back!

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Flying-Emu said:
Explosm said:
Kingdom hearts none of my friends have heard of it.

Also the search bar is quite underrated
Really. You think that Kingdom Hearts is underrated.

I think that KH is one of the most overrated PoS games to come out in the last generation. The combat is, at best, simplistic and repetitive, the story is BOGUS, and I don't like FF in my Disney, kthx.

And yes, I have played them all, fully.

Also, Sid Meier's Pirates! Live the Life
You forgot to mention the shameless fanservice I'll never understand what anyone sees in that series. Ever.

Underrated games:
Ranger X -Genesis/Mega Drive
Sparkster -Gen and SNES
Maui Mallard In Cold Shadow -Gen and SNES
Earth Defense Force 2017 - 360
Breath of Fire IV - PS
^ I swear no one knows the series went past 3
Silpheed -Dos/Sega CD/PS2
Timesplitters 2 & Future Perfect PS2/Xbox

Kakashi on crack

Aug 5, 2009
Darkwatch, what the game lacks in plot (which it does have) it makes up for with a better, and more realistic shooting system then you'll find in any halo game, and difficulty. (heck, even greenhorn difficulty can be a pain on certain levels in Darkwatch when playing with a friend.) Yet aside from that video mods music video, I never heard, or even saw anything for the game...

Morrowind also didn't get much publicity even though it was extremely fun

Rune Factory 2 is another one, most critics automatically assumed it was a copy of previous games. (which while it was, it wasn't anything like other ones, and had better overall detail when it came to scenery/dialouge/graphics.)

Dungeon Keeper 2... I own the first one, but only the second one can install onto my computer... great game, and makes me sad that Dungeon Keeper 3 was canceled...

BaldursBananaSoap

May 20, 2009
Alone in the Dark. The story was great, the temple of light was awesome, the building at the start that was crumbling was awesome, the driving escape while New York is being destroyed was awesome, the combining to create makeshift weapons was awesome, walking through that killer slime and ushering it away with a flaming chair was awesome. The controls were off but I didn't see why this got such poor reviews.

Jade Empire. It's genius compared to the shitty space TPS games Bioware loves to make now. But most "Bioware fans" these days haven't played it because they were too busy wetting the bed.

Kouen

Yea, Furry. Deal With It!
Mar 23, 2010
alchmstlva said:
What games do you believe are extremely underrated?
the old skool topic returns!

on topic: Fatal Frame games id say

Googenstien

Jul 6, 2010
Hearts of Iron series (1,2,3) actually almost anything Paradox does it solid and on a small almost unknown scale.

Sins of a Solar Empire.. while not as underrated as most, it should have been a huge game IMO or at least much bigger.

Fallen Earth is a really solid and fun, same with Darkfall in the MMO area.

Acier

Nov 5, 2009
Jade Empire (As much as I love ME and DA, I'd rather have a sequel to this than those)
The Jet Set Series (And my disc doesn't work with my 360 because it was the dual disc, so it is lost to me forever :( )
Blinx. That was an awesome game, and it got a sequel, but it should have gotten more. It was an amazing platformer and had the best time control mechanics ever

u4527646

Jul 20, 2010
Gabriel Xollan said:
But I will say that the most underrated game I will keep promoting till the end of time...no not Star Ocean (that was mainly an inside joke)

SHADOW HEARTS II Covenant!
That game was amazing, I loved it and recommend it to any JRPG fan.
It combined depth and sidequests and hilarious characters (luchador vampire who uses postboxes/giant pipes as weapons).

Mar 30, 2010
shticks said:
Any chance i get to guilt trip people for not getting behind Chromehounds i will take. Maybe with enough lobbying a sequel will be granted to us mortal souls.
Chromehounds would have been awesome if they had decided to include a single player campaign, as opposed to basically just offline tutorials for online play. I got Chromehounds when it was first released, completed all the missions within a day, and then .... .... couldn't do anything else. I only got broadband at my spot seven months ago, by which time all of the servers had been closed down. I had a garage of awesome mechs (well, the best I could do with the limited offline parts I was given) and I've never been able to use them, and now I never will.

I really liked the idea of Chromehounds (I'm a fan of most mech games) but I think it flopped because of it's "if you're not online you're not worthy to play our game even though you've paid for it" attitude.

That having been said, I'm online now, so fingers crossed for Chromehounds 2!

EDIT - Sorry, got distracted by rant. OT, the Heroes of Might and Magic series.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
rabidmidget said:
Strange, usually someone has said Psychonauts by now.
Then allow me to say............ Brutal Legend. What can I say? Tim Schafer's imagination rocks my world!