Most useless weapons in gaming

lordlillen

Nov 18, 2009
Scizophrenic Llama said:
Dark Souls' broken straight sword. You'd be quicker using your fists, really.
well thats not useless its used to craft the pure astoras straight sword.
OT: any BFG like weapon because most of the time you're going to be saving the ammo untill the end credits and sometimes it killes you if you fire it in the wrong spot.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
lordlillen said:
ExiusXavarus said:
Dark Souls: Sword Hilt/Broken Straightsword
its used for crafting the pure astoras straight sword.
It's actually used to craft the True Greatsword of Artorias. And actually, it's the Sword Hilt that crafts the True Greatsword of Artorias. The Broken Straightsword will give you a cursed version. Nice try, though.

crovax873

Nov 13, 2009
Bioshock had the chemical thrower which literally added nothing to the game. Everything it did could be done with plasmids instead.

The AR in Halo 1 was beyond bad though, I would rather melee with an empty pistol than pick up an AR.

Lastly, staffs or spears in Morrowind. I never used them, it wasn't worth the training, especially when swords and/or axes were more common, faster, and did more damage.

EDIT: Oh my crap I just remembered the Lead Bubble from Mega Man 2, disregard everything I said, that is the most useless weapon ever.

The_Lost_King

Oct 7, 2011
MrRetroSpectacles said:
Anything other than the use of magic in Fable 3 was utterly pointless. Hold down one button and clear or decimate ten enemies at once, or spend ten minutes firing a slow reloading flintlock at wolfmen that can dodge any attack. Oh and here's a sword/axe, just because we think you'd look cool.
Slow reloading flint lock? That thing was fast as a bolt actions. Melee sucks but ranged is fun as hell.

Ordinaryundone

Oct 23, 2010
crovax873 said:
Bioshock had the chemical thrower which literally added nothing to the game. Everything it did could be done with plasmids instead.
That's actually it's biggest advantage. You always have the chemical thrower, instead of using a slot for a plasmid you may not use very often (like incinerate). Also, electric gel, once the thrower is ugraded, stunlocks big daddies straight to death.

lordlillen

Nov 18, 2009
crovax873 said:
EDIT: Oh my crap I just remembered the Lead Bubble from Mega Man 2, disregard everything I said, that is the most useless weapon ever.
The weakness of the final boss is bubble lead.

Triforceformer

Jun 16, 2009
The Machine Pistol in Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Pros:
More ammo to a mag
Slightly faster reload

Cons:
Weaker than Combat Rifle
Alerts guards all the same
May as well just use the 10MM Pistol
Annoying reload sounds
Lame reload animation compared to the Combat Rifle