Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword Preview

LulzOdin

Mar 15, 2011
As a Nord-face I am quite anxious to get my hands on the new installment!
I think the firearms will not be that much of a balance-breaker (seeing as how in the early 15th-16th century swords were still being used along with muskets) though I think it will change the gameplay quite a bit tbh.
Overall though I will play it, probably for hundreds of hours, then I will play the mods, which add a few hundreds of hours more; and before I know it I will be in the same situation I was last time I stopped playing M&B.
Yay for carpal-tunnel!

gNetkamiko

Aug 25, 2010
I still have yet to finish Warband as I've recently updated the Blood and Steel mod (my all-time favorite mod). Still chugging through it as a barbarian bandit on moderate difficulty, so I might not buy the game until I've conquered all of Calradia.

Whether or not Fire and Sword supports bandit players, it's definitely going onto my steam wishlist. ^_^

Art Axiv

Cultural Code-Switcher
Dec 25, 2008
WolfThomas said:
Art Axiv said:
Funny enough, this game was released in Poland on 4th of December 2009 ;) I guess we as Poles were the target audience!

+1 for Hussars!
I believe that was a expansion of the original Mount&Blade, this is an expansion built off Warband, so better interface, textures, etc.
The name is the same so... I don't know, screenshots look the same too!

rda_Highlander

Nov 19, 2010
I love how it features NO MAGIC AND FANTASY. I think it really is the only medieval historical game outside of Medieval (duh) and like.

Echo136

Feb 22, 2010
I still cant understand why this game is so fun. I played the demo, and it looks like it was made back in 2001. The game was soooo boring and inferior.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
oh I thought it was going to get a graphical overhaul... not so much. Imight in fact get it then.

OH and is anyone thinking, "Crimean War" Modifciation?

gNetkamiko

Aug 25, 2010
Plurralbles said:
oh I thought it was going to get a graphical overhaul... not so much. Imight in fact get it then.

OH and is anyone thinking, "Crimean War" Modifciation?
That, and Blood and Steel. However, the upside to playing Fire and Sword as opposed to the Blood and Steel mod is that, hopefully, the game won't crash or be extremely buggy.

Don't get me wrong: I absolutely LOVE the B&S mod. But it's forced me into too many infinite loops and I either had to use Task Manager or force my computer to restart altogether. So, as stated in my previous post, can't wait for Fire and Sword to be released.

Nov 12, 2010
Looks like a fun game.If I ever get a good computer instead of this giant Nintendo Ds laptop,that is definitely going to be a consideration for currency transfer.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
SuperToaster said:
Can't wait for it to come out. Anybody know a release date?
Originally they said Q1 2011, first day of Q2 that got changed to "spring 2011". So depending on whose spring we're talking, hopefully sometime early this year.

bl4ckh4wk64

Walking Mass Effect Codex
Jun 11, 2010
Really looking forward to this. M&B is completely awesome.

Heh, captcha was perhaps, its rate

what's rate?

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
If this is supposed to be a somewhat historical accurate depiction of the 17th century, the Swedes would be facerolling pretty much everyone nonstop for the first fifty years.

Just sayin'

Arcane Azmadi

Jan 23, 2009
I'm sorry, I just can't be interested in this, despite being a big fan of M&B. I was just thinking that it was about time the developers made a proper Mount & Blade 2 to fully explore the potential of the concept and rejig the game mechanics, but they're just releasing ANOTHER retooled "expansion"? I'm sorry, but firearms, a historical setting and a few new gameplay tweaks aren't enough to grab my interest any more, especially as the same things can (and HAVE) already been done with mods.

Mannhammer

Apr 21, 2010
Looked a lot like the Mount and Musket mod with Druzhina armour. What I'd really like to see from Tale Worlds is an MMO version of the single player game. Until then, I'll have to stick with the cRPG mod.

AlwaystheUnlucky

Oct 5, 2010
It's too bad that they didn't change the animations for sword-fighting. I would have loved to have an actual fencing match with someone on multi-player.