Movie Defense Force: Demon Knight

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Billy Zane really does look like a barrel of laughs in this, especially in that clip at the end. It's a shame this is the only thing I can recognize him in that isn't one of the Mummy films.

Jaximus Decimus

Sep 10, 2013
Maybe it's because I was only 10 the first time I watched it, but I've always really liked Demon Knight. Not in a misuse of the word "ironic" sort of way, but genuinely liked it. Also, I'm not sure if you noticed or not, but it's got Billy Zane in it.

Ratty

Jan 21, 2014
This is indeed a very fun movie. Though I'm a bit dissapointed you forgot to mention the entertaining performance by William Sadler as Brayker.

Sadler also had a memorable starring role in "The Man Who was Death", the very first episode of the Tales from the Crypt TV show, where he played a disgruntled executioner turned vigilante.

And he was very funny as the Grim Reaper in "Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey" a darker and weirder movie than the first Bill and Ted (they go to Hell and get chased by a nightmare fuel easter bunny for example) that is none the less tons of fun. But it is unfairly maligned by a lot of people, and would be a great pick for Movie Defense Force actually.

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
Hang on. Demon knight needed defending? Well I never. I haven't watched Jim's defence (I look forward to watching that later) but this has come as a real surprise. Sure it was cheesy and camp but it never pretended to be anything other than it was, a pulp horror story and as for the cast. They all looks like they had fun doing it. I wont talk about Mr Zane's performance coz I don't have to, it's utter genius. In fact I will now find this for the weekend. Lovely Sunday afternoon movie.

Seen jims vid and am pleased. Shame you couldn't crowbar the clip of CCH Pounder giving Billy the bird with the bloody stump her arm used to be on. That always gave me a chuckle. Oh and Thomas Haden church's piles line before he dies.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Teh Mummy is in this!.

I remember both the live action series (wich aired at noon in one of our local channels, oddly) and the cartoon of Tales of The Crypt and even as a child, I prefered the live action version better, just because it was gruesome as fuck and I loved it :D

I was already a massive fan of "Are you afraid of the Dark?" and "Goosebumps", Tales was pretty much the same, but with lots of blood and gore :)

If it ever gets released on Netflix, I'll definitely check this out, it's one of those movies that looks like lots of fun, but not a priority to start searching it.

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
Barbas said:
Billy Zane really does look like a barrel of laughs in this, especially in that clip at the end. It's a shame this is the only thing I can recognize him in that isn't one of the Mummy films.
PLEASE tell me that was intentional sarcasm.

But, yeah, Billy Zane. He almost made Bloodrayne watchable.

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
I love Demon Knight. Tales from the Crypt was always endearing for its mix of hilariously, badly acted and over the top stories combined with just the right touch of the gruesome, schlock horror. The same traits that made the series so wonderful were preserved in several of the films, and Demon Knight might be my very favorite of the bunch! If anyone out there has not seen demon knight, I highly recommend it for an evening of fun.

WWmelb

Sep 7, 2011
Darth Sea Bass said:
I seem to remember it had a pretty decent soundtrack as well.
One of the best soundtracks ever:

"Cemetery Gates" - Pantera
"Tonight We Murder" - Ministry
"My Misery" - Machine Head
"Diadems" - Megadeth
"Instant Larry" - Melvins
"Fall Guy" - Rollins Band
"Beaten" - 3:10 Biohazard
"Polícia" - 1:46 Sepultura
"Hey Man Nice Shot" - 5:20 Filter
"1-800 Suicide" - Gravediggaz

Speaking of, have a long drive today *goes and digs out his CD of the soundtrack for it*

God i love this movie.

Darth Sea Bass

Mar 3, 2009
WWmelb said:
Darth Sea Bass said:
I seem to remember it had a pretty decent soundtrack as well.
One of the best soundtracks ever:

"Cemetery Gates" - Pantera
"Tonight We Murder" - Ministry
"My Misery" - Machine Head
"Diadems" - Megadeth
"Instant Larry" - Melvins
"Fall Guy" - Rollins Band
"Beaten" - 3:10 Biohazard
"Polícia" - 1:46 Sepultura
"Hey Man Nice Shot" - 5:20 Filter
"1-800 Suicide" - Gravediggaz

Speaking of, have a long drive today *goes and digs out his CD of the soundtrack for it*

God i love this movie.
I'd probably have to give that honour to the crow soundtrack (The original that is)

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Trishbot said:
Barbas said:
PLEASE tell me that was intentional sarcasm.

But, yeah, Billy Zane. He almost made Bloodrayne watchable.
Wish granted, mortal - My comment was intentional sarcasm.

Now then, regarding your payment for services rendered...

JarinArenos

Jan 31, 2012
Oh. My. God. This movie...

... this movie was the first time I saw a boob on screen. I was scandalized.

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
I love Billy Zane, he's hilarious. He's such a good bad guy! I was always disappointed he never came back to Kingdom Hearts after the first game.

This movie is pretty amazing on it's own, but Jim is absolutely right when he says it's best viewed inebriated with a group of friends. Now I think I know what I'm doing this weekend...

Mirrorknight

Jul 23, 2009
Billy Zane. When you an egotistical evil jackass in your movie, except no substitute.

Seriously, I watched a (made for TV) movie where he was the good guy, and it was just WRONG.

Yeah, I loved Demon Knight when I was a teenager. It was exactly what it was supposed to be, a 90 minute Tales from the Crypt with higher production values (not by much, mind you, but still).

If you haven't seen it, you should just for Billy Zane. For the most part, the other actors are pretty good, too.

*holds out stump*
"Is that a yes?"
"No. That's me giving you the finger."
"... ... I'll get back to you."

moosemaimer

Apr 14, 2011
I rented this with a friend and watched it in the middle of the night. After hanging around for a couple of hours and talking, I got in my car to leave and the radio came on.

Hey Man, Nice Shot was playing.

I had to check the back seat.

UNHchabo

Dec 24, 2008
Barbas said:
If you want to see Billy Zane in an actual dramatic role where he does a good job, check out Memphis Belle. He plays the medic/bombardier in a WWII B-17, and the movie has a ton of top-tier talent.

Talvrae

The Purple Fairy
Dec 8, 2009
So.... what's next now, tales of the crypt bordello of Blood? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117826/

i honestelly saw thouse 2 movies, and barelly remember them all these years later