Movie Defense Force: Double Dragon - The Warriors Wishes It Was This Good

TheMadDoctorsCat

Apr 2, 2008
geier said:
I know this movie and i haven't watched the episode. But Jim, i really wonder how this movie can be defended.

Edit:
Okay..... My interpretation would be even you thought this is not defendable. I concur.
Ahem... Alyssa Milano. Mohawk. Fatsuit. Spinach. Random Zombie. Fiery Lake. I believe I already covered this?

Let's PLEASE take this seriously, people. The movie deserves it.

ACman

Apr 21, 2011
That was great.

No serious. Most I've laughed in quite some time. I don't think i've heard Dead-pan Jim before. He tries sometimes on his podcast but cracks up halfway through when Holmes does the straight-man thing.

More please. If it doesn't get old.

grey_space

Magnetic Mutant
Apr 16, 2012
'Double Dragon is the most emotionally rewarding movie of the ninties'

Jim, you had me with that phrase alone.

Thank God for you sir.

MeisterKleister

Mar 9, 2012
Flunk said:
Who is Bimmy? THAT'S NOT EVEN A REAL NAME!

P.S. Demolition Man isn't a bad movie, but it has problems. Writing isn't really one of them, but acting and execution sure are.
Haha, that part cracked me up. xD
I wonder if Jim knew this from playing the game or from the AVGN.

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
I've always thought the Double Dragon movie is one of the best examples of "so bad it's good". The Dead or Alive movie is also in the same category.

gridsleep

Sep 27, 2008
Are the Escapist going to change the schedule to match reality, or is Movie Defense Force just going to be posted randomly late from now on?

Groverfield

Jul 4, 2011
Oh my god. Someone else knows that The Crow:Wicked Prayer exists. I thought I was alone and manifest it in a fever dream while torn between flu medication making me see stuff and having Dogma and Angel playing at the same time. Really why do people give the ... I was about to say third movie, but I just found out that Crow: Salvation is actually the fourth, despite no one, even myself till half an hour ago or so, knowing that The Crow: Stairway to Heaven existing...