Movies & TV Jokes Thread

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The comment threads on that video remind me of the awful person I used to be at thirteen. If I ever meet my past self it will only be a desire to preserve causality that will keep him alive.
I've had some garbage opinions on the IMDb forums when I was 16. Thankfully, I grew out of that quickly. I still don't care much for the Avatar movies, but I would never go out of my way to downplay their accomplishments, nor be a jackass the people who like the movies. In turn, I expect the exact same for the other person. I'm more so referring to the first film's use of 3D technology and motion capture, in terms of accomplishments. I still say the franchises overhyped and overrated though.

Reactions: Absent

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I actually don't have a problem with this and will teach each studios to get their heads out of their asses, and put effort into their shit! I have not seen Shazam 2 yet, so I can't exactly judge. Still WB-D/DC have been pulling too many dick moves, so fuck them. I can definitely use more regular movies. Been that way for a long while.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Its weird cos Toad was one of the things I did like about the Mario movie. I mean I loved Frozen 1 and 2 but had Olaf been fired out of a canon and into the centre of the sun, it would have improved everything. Removing Toad to me would make the movie incomplete.

I broadly get where he's coming from, but I still like the concept especially when its done really well.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Its weird cos Toad was one of the things I did like about the Mario movie. I mean I loved Frozen 1 and 2 but had Olaf been fired out of a canon and into the centre of the sun, it would have improved everything. Removing Toad to me would make the movie incomplete.

I broadly get where he's coming from, but I still like the concept especially when its done really well.
MCT put Toad and the dog up there as clickbait. Both of them are actually funny and more useful on their own or compared to Olaf. I never saw Frozen in general, but I could already tell I would not be a fan of Olaf.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
MCT put Toad and the dog up there as clickbait. Both of them are actually funny and more useful on their own or compared to Olaf. I never saw Frozen in general, but I could already tell I would not be a fan of Olaf.
He's not the worst, but he's definately a young kid's character. And even he has his moments, especially in the first movie. But yeah, there is an art to the sidekick character and its a hard one to pull off.

Reactions: BrawlMan