Movies you love but everyone hates

Benjamin Moore

Nov 29, 2010
With you on that one. Rent is one of my top five favourite movies.
I also liked Speed Racer, and Resident Evil 2: Apocalypse (granted the adjacent two were slightly better, but the forth, not quite so much...)

I liked the Matrix sequels. Seriously, if Reloaded still makes no sense to you, find a copy of the computer game 'Enter the Matrix'. It has the other half of the story. From what I've heard, the Matrix sequels were an experiment in viral information and multimedia. The movies themselves only consisted of half the story. It was an interesting concept, that for the most part, kinda failed...

I find National Treasure utterly hilarious.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
The most recent one I can think of is Zardoz. I have heard a lot of crap get thrown at it, but for me it's just so bizarre that I love it.
Seriously, that was a freaking weird movie.

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
I love The Spirit. I don't entirely understand why everyone hates I mean yeah sure it's stupid but it's a good laugh in a slapstick sort of way. Even if you don't like it that much, the 15% it has on Rotten Tomatoes is way too harsh, there are films that monstrosities to society that have better ratings than that

The Matrix sequels. Every time I have ever heard someone say they are rubbish, they have never made it clear why and I think it's a sort of popular thing to say for many. Some of the story gets complicated and there are one or two irritating plot holes hat you need to watch the animatrix to understand but the fight scenes are some of the best I've ever seen and the same can be said with the gun fights

Phoenix_XIII

May 15, 2011
Stephan King's IT (A lot of people I know hate clowns), Mortal Kombat and Mortal Kombat Annihilation (Nice movies but people dislike them), The Leprechaun movies (Yes they suck and are so close to B that in Leprechaun 3 you can see the boom in a few shots but they entertain me), Godzilla 1998 (Godzilla rules), and many many more since America is filled with people who won't glance at foreign movies for two-actually-entertaining-seconds.

Movies Other People Like That I Hate with Every Fiber of my Being:

Avatar (All Effects, No Story, two more movies are coming out and one is underwater and the other is in space. Seriously. Look it up. I'm not joking.)

The Paranormal Activity movies (Snore fests with cheap Shock effects and a third one is coming out too. IMDB it.)

The Lord of the Rings movies (The books made them impossible to watch.)

Jason X [FOR SOME REASON] (Friday the 13th died with this movie. I CAN'T BELIEVE I KNOW PEOPLE THAT LIKE THIS VOMIT FEST. I HATE THIS MOVIE, I HATE THE ACTORS IN IT, AND I HATE THE PEOPLE WHO SIMPLY CONCEIVED THIS HORRIBLE FREAKING MOVIE. F*** YOU JIM AND JAMES ISSAC! F*** YOU.)

And some others but meh. I'm probably going to get some hate from this. But I'm not meaning to create conflict. I just honestly hate those movies. KILL THEM- I mean... REVIEW THEM HORRIBLY.

Jennacide

Dec 6, 2007
For me only one came to mind. And I'm not sure everyone hates it, but I know a lot of people that saw it just view it as generic crap not worth their time; The Arrival.

There is just something about that movie I can't put my finger on, but literally any time it's on TV and I find it, I just have to watch it. It may be generic sci-fi, featuring Charlie Sheen as he approached his darker days no less, but for some reason I just always have to watch it, it's good fun.

*reads comments for ideas*

Oh shit, Chronicles of Riddick! I know it's bad, and totally fucked up the character of Riddick that was far more interesting in Pitch Black, but you know what? I don't care. It's campy, and stupid, and fucking fun to watch. And I guess the first, and ONLY the first, Resident Evil movie. I can still watch that one. The second one makes me so angry I want to punch things.

Spade Lead

Nov 9, 2009
moviedork said:
Watchmen is a pretty divisive film. Non-fans didn't like it, and fans were pretty mixed on it (from some hailing it as brilliant to others saying it's a dumb down version of the brilliant graphic novel).
I feel it imperative that I comment on that. I had never heard of Watchmen before the movie advertisements and I LOVE that movie. Ozymandias is my favorite...

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Watchmen.

I loved that film, every scene looks so pretty and even the simplist of actions somehow Zack Snyder manages to make them look cool.

Also the opening scene and credits are the greatest I've ever seen in a film ever (and I say that with no hesitation). The only movie that comes close in terms of opening is The Lion King.

Phoenix_XIII

May 15, 2011
ChupathingyX said:
Watchmen.

I loved that film, every scene looks so pretty and even the simplist of actions somehow Zack Snyder manages to make them look cool.

Also the opening scene and credits are the greatest I've ever seen in a film ever (and I say that with no hesitation). The only movie that comes close in terms of opening is The Lion King.
Zack Snyder is a genius. Have you seen Sucker Punch?

bl4ckh4wk64

Walking Mass Effect Codex
Jun 11, 2010

I win right?

Lord Beautiful said:
Kung Pow: Enter the Fist doesn't seem to get a lot of love. Admittedly, it is very, very stupid, but I love that movie so much.

Edit:

And I love Ninja Assassin. Go figure.
Wait, people didn't like Kung Pow? This is news to me, that movie is amazing.

EDIT: Wow, there's a crap-ton of amazing movies that so many people said were hated. I've never heard of anyone disliking Starship Troopers, or Monty Python and the Holy Grail, or Spaceballs. You guys must have super-serial friends.

Llil

Jul 24, 2008
There's two movies I like that are hated by pretty much everyone that's seen them: Caligula and Cannibal Holocaust. But they are exploitation movies, so I can understand that they're definitely not for everyone.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
let's see...the Star Wars prequels, Wolverine, and I realized how much I enjoyed all the Pirates films when the 4th came out

aannd that's all that comes to mind at this moment for now

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
spartan231490 said:
Transformers. and transformers 2. I expect to thoroughly enjoy the 3rd as well
I loved the first one, hated the second one, but most of my friends have said the 3rd I will like so we shall seeee

CleverCover said:
Space Jam.

Movie is fucking gold in my opinion.

People around me don't have the same reaction to it however.
dude I grew up really loving that movie haha

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
I thoroughly enjoyed GI Joe: Rise of Cobra. But of my friends 3 who I've told I liked it said that they thought it was God awful....and in that regard I say fuck them! I liked it and so did my friend who was over who watched it with me

Goldeneye103X2

Jun 29, 2008
The crank movies. I think they're quite fun.

I showed a friend hard-boiled once, and he thought it was dreadful snd boring. The worst film he's ever seen apparently.