Multiplayer Sharks vs. Scuba-Divers Game Looks Absolutely Terrifying

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
Eh.... original, but I'm really worried about the effect on sharks. I mean, when Jaws came out, shark-hunts happened everywhere. People were catching and killing them out of fear. It's died down (no pun intended), but I really don't want this to encourage fear-mongering.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Actually looks scary as hell. lol it's a lot scarier than the recent AvP game, that's for sure.

Another game to keep an eye on is probably EDF: Insect Armageddon. It's exactly what the title says, an armageddon of insects. It's stupid, camp, silly, b-movie fun, and it looks awesome.

300 weapons? Huge, destructable city? CO-OP? Sign me up!

The Random One

May 29, 2008
You had me at 'shark'.

Which is like in the second paragraph, so it's not really that great, but still, I'll keep watch for this. I like games that have teams balanced but different.

May 5, 2010
I think the guys at Extra Credits may me actual prophets. Seriously, not a day after he says we'll be seeing games like we've never seen before, we get this. Pretty damn cool idea.

Now, I would agree with you about the "scary" part, except...The sharks look kind of silly. Whenever it showed the close up of the shark eating the dude's leg, I couldn't help but imagine it going "Hello!" in a big, doofy, Barney-voice.

I don't know. it's certainly a cool concept to say the least.

Dratis

Feb 20, 2011
This seems like a truely interesting idea. Each player group limited by something that they can no shake in some way. Taking the Capture The Flag idea and putting basically what amounts to a horror movie feel to it.

I hope they manage to develop the maps and add different modes and objectives. Maybe in one map the water is shallow but the swimmers need to both search for and dig up the treasure where the sharks are playing as hammer heads or something and deal with a different sight limitation.

I'd hope though that they some how manage a single player out of this as being able to only play multiplayer on a game makes it get really old, fast. Many other ideas could be added like maybe the money you collect goes to only your score and only you can spend it on upgrades or whatever. Which might end up with the swimmers basically letting each other get eaten by sharks as if your friend is bait its alot easier to snipe the shark.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
That's pretty hella cool. I mean, I wouldn't have been able to think of this idea. I'll definitely check it out whenever I can.

cerealnmuffin

May 15, 2010
It looks scary which I love in games, but I wonder if people will be angry if they spawn as a diver and not a shark.... I know I would rather play the sharks.

hansari

May 31, 2009
Glad to see a game thats both original and has high production values.

Hope to hear about a release date soon.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
Come on, Steam release.
Tabby needs a new multiplayer game to keep her occupied.
L4D2's wearing thin and killing floor's just about run out.
-Tabs<3-

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
This looks like this could be an utterly terrifying experience as a diver, but I also wonder if the divers don't have a huge advantage. If the sharks can't turn well or see well, it seems like the divers would end up camping and firing at them a lot. of course, if the treasure is right out in the open...

Anyway, I can't wait to see the full thing, I'll definitely support such an original venture.

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
Therumancer said:
It didn't seem to show too much from the Shark perspective or how that side of things plays. From the looks of things it seemed like it would be a bit lopsided in the favor of the divers due to the limited visibility of the shark players, the abundance of places for the divers to hide, and of course the ranged weapons.

Now maybe if the sharks had laser beams on their heads (pew pew!) it might be a little more balanced. From the looks of that it seems like it would be extremely one sided.
If you noticed in one of the segments the sharks have some kind of charge, and according to the article they can sense movement and smell blood. So if one of the divers gets injured or tries to move in a sharks radius they're fucked.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
Definitely want to be a shark, to bad they haven't finished designing that part yet.

internetzealot1

Aug 11, 2009
This reminds me of the hide n seek custom games from halo 3. Looks pretty good, but I'd like some of the hud to be reduced. And I think calling attention to the fact that the sharks are actually real people and not animal monstrosities with the "you tagged xxx" is a bad move.

Faeriian

Oct 5, 2009
gigastar said:
Oh my... I never thought another inde game would be interesting to me after Minecraft. Clearly I was mistaken.

Could this be the first true stealth based multiplayer game?

Nouw said:
Breaking News! Shark-killing game promotes animal cruelty. Only on Fox News.
You forgot insulting shark attack victims too.
what about metal gear online? it has a stealth mode where one team plays with weapons of their choice and another gets stealth gear so they're completely invisible except for their shadows,their tranq gun and knife and the stealthed team has to get past the other team to get a rubber duck or rubber frog.. or tranquilize the enemy team before being hunted down and shot..

SirDeadly

Feb 22, 2009
I have been waiting for a game like this for years! When does it come out and what is it on?