Multiplayer Sharks vs. Scuba-Divers Game Looks Absolutely Terrifying

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I'd like to see them tackle the giant squid that caused the treasure carrying boat to sink in the first place. Also, was that handgun like the gun from Live and Let Die (James Bond) that shot pellets of compressed air?

MrGalactus

Elite Member
Sep 18, 2010
Nouw said:
Breaking News! Shark-killing game promotes animal cruelty. Only on Fox News.
[sub]Looks fun as hell, I'll give it a try if I can.[/sub]
?
Fox loves animal cruelty!

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Wow, this is interesting. A really unique concept. I think the latest Extra Credits episode really was on to something.
Galaktia said:
I have to say this looks truely clever and fun, I normally am not one for multiplayers, and I could easily see shark players turning into "campers" but when you add in the sharks poor eyesite and the divers ranged weapons, camping becomes a big risk, if you camp near treasure waiting for enemy players you're likely to get speargunned.

Clever game, worth a look.
Sharks have to keep swimming. If they don't, water won't rush through their gills and they'll suffocate. Sounds like a perfect anti-camping solution to me.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Faeriian said:
gigastar said:
Oh my... I never thought another inde game would be interesting to me after Minecraft. Clearly I was mistaken.

Could this be the first true stealth based multiplayer game?

Nouw said:
You forgot insulting shark attack victims too.
what about metal gear online? it has a stealth mode where one team plays with weapons of their choice and another gets stealth gear so they're completely invisible except for their shadows,their tranq gun and knife and the stealthed team has to get past the other team to get a rubber duck or rubber frog.. or tranquilize the enemy team before being hunted down and shot..
Well, saw that one coming.

MGO does have stealth elements but none of them are emphasised in the gameplay. It really could have been played like any other shooter.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
I guess the sharks also cannot ever stop and lie in wait, as (unless Discovery Channel has lied to me) sharks have to constantly be moving forward, to move water over their gills to breathe. Perfect anti-camping element to the offensive side.

With games like this PC Gaming is looking pretty good at the moment along with Minecraft, Old Republic, Dota 2 and Magicka.

Glamorgan

Seer of Light
Aug 16, 2009
gigastar said:
Faeriian said:
gigastar said:
Oh my... I never thought another inde game would be interesting to me after Minecraft. Clearly I was mistaken.

Could this be the first true stealth based multiplayer game?

Nouw said:
You forgot insulting shark attack victims too.
what about metal gear online? it has a stealth mode where one team plays with weapons of their choice and another gets stealth gear so they're completely invisible except for their shadows,their tranq gun and knife and the stealthed team has to get past the other team to get a rubber duck or rubber frog.. or tranquilize the enemy team before being hunted down and shot..
Well, saw that one coming.

MGO does have stealth elements but none of them are emphasised in the gameplay. It really could have been played like any other shooter.
As, I'm assuming, can this. You could just charge out and grab the treasure, alerting every shark in the process. However, like Metal Gear, it both defeats the purpose, and sorta makes it a lot harder.

Discrodia

Dec 7, 2008
Good god. It's been at least 5 years since I last played Hunting the Great White and that was a brilliant shark game. And this looks even better.

*wonders how much it sucks to be 5 feet from the cage with all the loot when someone chomps your leg off*

Must give this a look, especially if it's on XBLA or Steam.

[.redacted]

Jan 24, 2010
This looks awesome, I will have to give it a try.

Here's hoping the development finishes smoothly =)

Hawk of Battle

Feb 28, 2009
This looks amazing. I would definately buy this. The only comparison I can think would be AVP, which while fun and fairly unique, was let down badly by the map design and atrocious connection issues, among other things.

But if they can get the balance right on this, with the divers having ranged weapons (with apparantly quite long reload times) and being forced to sneak around and then spend long periods out in the open collecting treasure, and the sharks having speed and (presumably) more health, but no ability to camp as well as seeing movement and smelling blood (but at the same time having poor visibility), then this could be brilliant.

What's it coming out for? And when??

Anti Nudist Cupcake

Mar 23, 2010
The concept sounds like something that I would come up with if I was twelve (I was mad about sharks back then) if it turns out to be GOOD then I will be impressed at this company.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
What platform is this on? I've fallen in love, but I haven't got a PC.. Not one capable of running this, anyway.