Music Library Shuffle

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
1. "Perfect Weapon" - Black Veil Brides
2. "Graveland" - In Flames
3. "Do a Stunt" - Working for a Nuclear Free City
4. "Breathe" - Sugar Ray
5. "Shadows" - Versus the Ocean

I kind of wish there would have been more songs that I actually listened to...

AlexKasper

Feb 8, 2011
1. crushcrushcrush - Paramore
2. Goodbye Mr A - The Hoosiers
3. 1000 Ships of the Underworld - Two Steps From Hell
4. Chapter Four - Avenged Sevenfold
5. The Velourium Camper III: Al the Killer - Coheed and Cambria

Sejs Cube

Jun 16, 2008
Rolling Stones - Jumpin' Jack Flash
Falco - Der Kommisar
The Mills Brothers - Mister Sandman
The Vogues - Five O' Clock World
Ian Dury - Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick

Mordorkin

Oct 25, 2011
Down With the Ship by Enter the Haggis
Come A' Ye Kincardine Lads by Old Blind Dogs
Me & The Moon by Gaelic Storm
Arthur McBride by Enter the Haggis
Kilbogie by Old Blind Dogs

Most of what I listen to is Celtic folk, or some varient there of. A few other good bands are Barleyjuice, The Elders and The High Kings.

Tips_of_Fingers

Jun 21, 2010
It amuses me that some people feel the need to justify why certain things came up. Or that they feel the need to get the point across that their music taste is more eclectic than the results imply. Wow, what a retarded sentence. For shits and giggles, here is another 5 from me, this time with a bit of description because...well, I like to talk about music:

A pretty cool Mathcore (although they're self-professed "death-pop", whatever that is) band that I got into after they'd already broken up. They sing songs about everyday things that piss them off. This one's about parking and congestion charges in London. It boasts some pretty amusing lyrics. "You're right it's clearly marked, but not quite clear enough." Genius.

This is my favourite Rise Against album. All others are completely inferior. Except maybe Siren Songs, but I haven't listened to that album in yeeeeears. Anyway, I like this song but it's not particularly special.

A pretty unknown band within the UK punk scene. The singer is a guy called Mike Scott whom I have had the pleasure to drink and hang out with a few times. Dunno what this band are doing now but I know that Mike Scott is always touring, doing solo acoustic shows and generally being an awesome member of the DIY punk scene. I also owe him money. I honestly have no idea what's with the picture of the woman in the youtube video...

A band that I have loved for forever. So much softer to what I usually listen to and it was only in the last 2 years that I purchased some of their albums.

This is the song of my early teens. Whitmore were a ska-punk band from my area that got semi-famous in about 2001. I grew up going to their shows and doing less legal things with the lead singer, Rob Blake. I still see him occasionally. Those who you Brits who are old enough to remember the channel P-Rock, should know exactly who Whitmore are. This is probably the best song they ever did.

I think it's blatantly obvious where my tastes lie. = D

hecticpicnic

Jul 27, 2010
Jesus crist the general quality/variety of music is atrocious,
by some i was pleasantly surprised.
1. Andrew jackson jihad - free bird (nothing to do with the other one)
Good band, meh song ^

2. Gil Scott-Heron - Or Down you fall
Same with this one, great artist though great shame when he died last year.

3. Massive attack - risingson
dark and groovy

4. Les Rythems Digitales - Vive Le Vilo
Also groovy, good downtempo techno

5. The Jimi Hendrix Experience - still raining still dreaming
a classic

EDIT: Honourable mention - time,pink floyd played two songs later.

StrappingYoungLad

May 19, 2010
Itunes
Bathory-Foreverdark Woods
Samael-God's Snake
Devin Townsend Project-Supercrush
Enslaved-Path To Vanir
Rapture-Nameless

Ipod
Paradise Lost-Daylight Torn
Iron Maiden-Powerslave
Daylight Dies-Unending Waves
Dark Tranquillity-Cathode Ray Sunshine
Hypocrisy-The Abyss

ShaqLevick

Jul 14, 2009
1 Ballad of Vitality - Delta Spirit
2 Eazy-Er Said Than Dunn - Eazy-E
3 Cut That City - The Mars Volta
4 Always & Never - Coheed and Cambria
5 Mercy Mercy Me - Marvin Gaye

Well, it could have been much worse considering the sampling... Hell number 5 is one of the finest songs ever recorded, so I'm good with this.

kelmaro

Mar 15, 2011
Hmmm nothing i usually listen to now

Tips_of_Fingers

Jun 21, 2010
hecticpicnic said:
Atrocious Snip
The atrocity lies in thinking that musical diversity makes you a better person. And music, like all art, is subjective. One man's earvenom is another man's earcandy. Personally, I only liked The Jimi Hendrix and Andrew Jackson Jihad songs out of your 5. I can appreciate Gil Scott-Heron but it's not something I would actively listen to...

Besides, this is a game of "put your iTunes on shuffle and post the first 5 songs" not a contest to see who has the most varied taste in music. I, personally have 1105 songs on my iTunes. I'm sure many others here have a lot, too. 5 out of that many doesn't necessarily represent that person's entire musical inclination.

However, if you're referring to the lack of variety within the thread in general then...I don't really know what to say (except, "sorry for the misunderstaning" I guess.)

= D

hecticpicnic

Jul 27, 2010
Tips_of_Fingers said:
hecticpicnic said:
Atrocious Snip
The atrocity lies in thinking that musical diversity makes you a better person. And music, like all art, is subjective. One man's earvenom is another man's earcandy. Personally, I only liked The Jimi Hendrix and Andrew Jackson Jihad songs out of your 5. I can appreciate Gil Scott-Heron but it's not something I would actively listen to...

Besides, this is a game of "put your iTunes on shuffle and post the first 5 songs" not a contest to see who has the most varied taste in music. I, personally have 1105 songs on my iTunes. I'm sure many others here have a lot, too. 5 out of that many doesn't necessarily represent that person's entire musical inclination.

However, if you're referring to the lack of variety within the thread in general then...I don't really know what to say (except, "sorry for the misunderstaning" I guess.)

= D
It was mainly just an exaggeration flexing my vocabulary, but when i look at charts(mainly the the American ones) i'm upset at the quality, most songs are generic crap, and when i see that people actually listen to this stuff i'm surprised, to me liking that stuff is like liking a movie like twilight(it's like junk food for the brain).
I guess your right though about the whole shuffle thing.
And in regards to variety most of the posts i've seen here, the music has been generally in the same vain.
TBH i'm just a music snob ;)

False_Reality

Jan 3, 2012
Damage Vault-Consequence
Knife Party-Destroy Them with Lazers
Celldweller-Own Little World
Blue Stahli-Doubt
Celldweller-Louder Than Words(Maniac All-stars Remix)

Decided to check my ipod also

Blue Stahli-Mystique
Darkpsy-oscar powerrrr *and no that's not a typo*
Celldweller-Animatronic
Squarehead-Idiot (feat. Klayton of Celldweller)
Celldweller- Ursa Minor (Electron mix)

RyanBishop

Apr 28, 2010
Eluveitie - The cauldron of Renascence
Linkin Park - Given up
Trivium - Down from the sky
Bullet for my valentine - Spit you out
Bullet for my valentine - Tears don't fall

Vicarious Reality

Jul 10, 2011
Auron225 said:
Vicarious Reality said:
I don't understand how i do this... do you people have all your music in one folder?
Have you like... arranged a program that switches between folders?
itunes =)
I do not have that program, only VLC, Real and windows player

I am trying to figure this out, and i.... really can not
I can not just point at a Folder at random since i know were on the screen most oF them are

I tried and failed to add all Folders to a Realplayer playlist

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
1.Funk Ad-Daft Punk.
2.Goodbye Blue Sky-Pink Floyd.
3.Pop Your Balloon-Beastie Boys.
4.Reunion with Mira-Space Marine OST.
5.Luca Turilli-Mother Nature.

All repeats of bands removed.

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
Every time I open up iTunes, the first song to always (literally, always) come up is "A Beautiful Lie" by 30 Seconds to Mars. So I'm not counting that one.

Beast and the Harlot - Avenged Sevenfold

Tonight - Seether

Hit the Floor - Bullet for my Valentine

Martini Kiss - Senses Fail

Hand of Blood - Bullet for my Valentine

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
1: Magical Mystery Tour - The Beatles
2: I Should Have Known Better - The Beatles
3: Child Is The Father Of Man - Brian Wilson
4: Grow Old With Me (Anthology Version) - John Lennon
5: The Court Of The Crimson King - King Crimson

Solid Reece

Nov 19, 2010

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
Vicarious Reality said:
Auron225 said:
Vicarious Reality said:
I don't understand how i do this... do you people have all your music in one folder?
Have you like... arranged a program that switches between folders?
itunes =)
I do not have that program, only VLC, Real and windows player

I am trying to figure this out, and i.... really can not
I can not just point at a Folder at random since i know were on the screen most oF them are

I tried and failed to add all Folders to a Realplayer playlist
I used itunes myself so I don't know about anything else, but shouldn't Windows Media Player have some sort of random song or shuffle feature? Alternatively, if you have some sort of portable mp3 player like an ipod or a zune or something you can use that since they can shuffle your songs. If all else fails then you can just chose songs at random from your library if you'd like. This thread is just for fun, so none of us are really going to care that you chose the songs.

SilkySkyKitten

Oct 20, 2009

Lot's of soundtracks, some pony muzak, some electronica, plus a random 80's tune... not the best representation of my music collection, but not a bad one either.