Music Suggestion

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
The World Alive, Blessthefall (especially the album Witness), Senses Fail, Underoath, Winds of Plague, and Lamb of God.

Fridge

Jun 25, 2009
Its outside of your style that you mention but these bands are pretty good (bearing in mind that I love poets of the fall, muse and metallica as well);

Everlast, Dan le sac vs Scroobius Pip and Devin Townsend band (although to be fair it entirely depends on the album you pick up, I recommend Biomech/Ocean Machine).

Nigh Invulnerable

Jan 5, 2009
Tanksie said:
TeeBs said:
Mastodon.
he said it all in that one word
they got an album for every music fan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6WGNd8QR-U Crack the skye
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQo9bwQ2rQc Blood mountain
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3HVLyI-t3E Leviathan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uShqlufsq5w remission
Every album has a unique sound and style

the secret to their awesomeness is the beards
And yet the awesomest member of the band has no beard, just 'burns.

Syntax Error

Sep 7, 2008
Kamelot and Symphony X are my favorite bands atm (well, Kamelot has been my favorite since I first heard Karma 5 years ago). So yeah, maybe you can try these:

Kamelot: Karma, Forever, Center of the Universe, Lost and Damned, Serenade, The Human Stain. (seriously, listen to all of Karma, Epica and The Black Halo. You won't be disappointed). And as for Symphony X: Serpent's Kiss, Set the World on Fire (The Lie of Lies) and Seven. That last one is seven minutes of EPIC ROCKING.

Plastic Muscles

Apr 9, 2010
Arcade Fire
The Answer
Blur
Broken Social Scene
Crystal Castles
Dirty Pretty Things
Deadmau5
Echobelly
Florence and the Machine
Gorillaz
Kaizers Orchestra
The Knife
KT Tunstall
Lights
Metric
My Bloody Valentine
Ok Go
Porcupine Tree
Placebo
Radiohead
The Smiths
The Stone Roses
Stars
Tegan and Sara
Them Crooked Vultures
Twisted Wheel
The Wombats
The XX
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Young Galaxy

Some bands I would recommend, I just scrolled through my ipod and chose a fairly wide range of music.

Three I would recommend about the rest are:

Kaizers Orchestra

Metric

Echobelly

Lerxst

Mar 30, 2008
Time to pay homage to the pioneers in this field - for anyone who fancies themselves as a real music connoisseur.

Dream Theater has even been known to cover Yes songs. They have one of the most active bass players in recoded history and have an actual classical guitarist playing guitar for them:

Jethro Tull is... just... I mean, the guy plays a freakin' flute in a rock band... and makes it work!!!!!!!!

The Who - Tommy. The ones who started it all, with the song/opera that started it all.

thylasos

Aug 12, 2009

Belarussian Metal from a few years ago. Not to everyone's taste, but worth a look.

Lexxi64

Aug 10, 2010
I know this most probably isn't the type of music you'd go for, but try out 'The Smiths'.
They've got their whole genre of music, it's hard to place them. The lyrics are humorous and intelligent, it's superb stuff. The Smiths could change your life forever if you let them, you won't realize, but alot can change just by listening to this band. :)

Hooded.Gamer

Nov 28, 2010
Try Living Colour, Anamanaguchi, Dethklok, Eels, Robert Johnson, and maybe some classic rock (like Kansas - Carry On My Wayward Son). This stuff is way off what you already listen to, but that might make it more of a refresh of what you might like.

[.redacted]

Jan 24, 2010
Meh, what can I say: if you don't have spotify you're missing out anyway.

By no means my full playlist, some of the stuff has been added by friends and/or enemies.

Enjoy nonetheless:

[link]http://open.spotify.com/user/kesteruk/playlist/4tKspHInK2hK6XuXP1gkIf[/link]

TeeBs

Oct 9, 2010
Novskij said:
TeeBs said:
The closest I got is Enter Shikari, Against Me!, Between Me and The Buried *Really good band, probably the highest rated Metalcore band by critics" Cynic, Atheist and La Dispute

Other stuff somewhat close would be Radiohead, Bad Religion, Thrice and Mastodon.

Music I would recommend to any connoisseur of music would be The XX, Sigur Ros / Jonsi , Nujabes, Flaming Lips and Neutral Milk Hotel.
Neutral Milk Hotel is probably one of the few things i dont get. :/
Its one of those bands that you ether love or hate.

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
TeeBs said:
FinalHeart95 said:
TeeBs said:
...Between Me and The Buried *Really good band, probably the highest rated Metalcore band by critics" Cynic...
Seconded, thirded, fourthed, and fifthed.
Both are phenomenal bands. And if you like BTBAM, there are a couple others you'd probably like too.
Have you not heard of Atheist, they are like the original cynic. I would look them up if you haven't.
No, I've heard of them. I just prefer Cynic over them.

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
I could recommend a lot of bands, but if you ever listen to anything I say, make it this: Check out Opeth and Pain of Salvation! Progressive death metal and progressive metal respectively. Both are amazing.

Flig

Nov 24, 2009
[qoute](just to see if anyone actually recognizes them) The Flaming Tsunamis[/quote]

Well, based on that I just have to say listen to any ska band, I'm sure you'll like most of them.(Streetlight Manifesto, Catch 22, The Aquabats, Mighty Might Bosstones, Bandits of the Acoustic Revolution, Reel Big Fish, Less Than Jake, etc.)

Here's a list of my favorite non-ska bands/performers:

Biffy Clyro
Mumford and Sons
Cake
The Misfits
Flobots
Dropkick Murphies
Interpol
Ludo
John Coltrain
Muse
Deerhoof
Three Days Grace
Dexter Gordon
Flogging Molly
Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains
Weezer
Sleigh Bells
Violent Femmes
Kaiser Chiefs
Rammstein
Led Zeppelin

Pick and choose as you wish, but those are my suggestions for ya.