"Mutual Combat Laws" Let Superhero Trounce Racist

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Well, he was asking for it, quite literally in this case.

Although you can't make out his expression, you can tell by the body language exactly when the guy in the orange T-shirt realises that he's made a huge mistake. It's hilarious.

Y'know, even though I'm the kind of guy to avoid confrontation almost at all costs, I actually think this 'Mutual Combat' law is a very good idea. When two guys have riled each-other up, I think there's something to be said for them being able to, perfectly legally, settle their disagreement out back, one on one. I've seen some really dirty feuds last for months, sometimes involving entire gangs of people, that all stemmed from just one incident involving one guy from each side. Incidents that would have cause a lot less harm in the long run if those two had just got it out of their system's right then and there.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
The Random One said:
Yeah superhero cool. Let me get it straight: in the state of Washington, dueling is legal?
Apparently so...

More states need this... there would be less shit talking in public for sure.

RoBi3.0

Mar 29, 2009
Keepitclean said:
So these guys go out looking for trouble?
Yes, and while I am not a proponent of violence of any kind a little piece of me wants to like this guy.

Edit: strike that a little part of me really likes this guy.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
So basically, he's batman pretending to be someone else?

INCEPTION.

irmasterlol

Apr 11, 2012
Jesus, listen to that dickhead. "You gotta check those!" Like he watches the Ultimate Fighter on Spike TV and think he understands how to fight. This is why I advocate some kind of combat sport for everyone. You never know when one of your dastardly plots will be foiled at the hands of Batman.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
I'm just quite happy that he acted fairly decently. He didn't really go -looking- for the fight, even though he was the one to offer it. Also, amusing to see a prick get what was coming to him. Stay out of fights, even if you -are- convinced you can win. Unless it's a nice and controlled thing. That's ok. :p

Jun 16, 2010
If you watch carefully, the guy in the orange shirt says "alright I give up, here, alright" and drops his guard (at 7:15), only to be the victim of an unsportsmanlike finishing blow.

Bad form, Phoenix Jones!

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
The last time Phoenix Jones was talked about on the Escapist people were trashing him (then he was breaking up a multi person fight and wound up pepper spraying those who attacked him. People then tried to run him over in a car Jones was arrested for assault, quite pitifully I might add). Now its flipped as soon as he beats up a racist.

Jones may not be the best role model for youth, but he does the right thing.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
James Joseph Emerald said:
If you watch carefully, the guy in the orange shirt says "alright I give up, here, alright" and drops his guard (at 7:15), only to be the victim of an unsportsmanlike finishing blow.

Bad form, Phoenix Jones!
Who's to say that the guy wouldn't have sucker punched Jones as he backed off? That guy knew he was screwed after the second kick to his leg. And to be fair to Jones they guy "gave up" at 7:15 of the video. Jones decked him at 7:17.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
I love that law, if two people want to fight and do it without endangering others or other peoples property they should be allowed in my opinion. In England you cant, they still legally refer to the anachronistic term "breach of the Queen/Kings peace" which basically refers to the old days to prevent civil disorder. The modern usage is the public order act which basically means you cannot act in public in a way that would actually or potentially cause offense, fear, disruption or damage to property or disturb other people around you.

LG Jargon

Feb 9, 2012
Hah! It's about time a racist p.o.s. got what was coming to them: a nice sock in the jaw and a kiss for the pavement. Bravo, Phoenix Jones, for both putting a douche in his place and for walking away when it was most appropriate!

I swear, though this is just going to sound like an echo of everyone elses' sentiments, I think there should be a single mutual combat law in every state--hell, everywhere!

So, anyone else considering some MMA training followed by some good ole fashioned crime-fightin'?....I'm kidding, of course: it's way too dangerous and time-consuming. But still! Good on ya, Mr. Jones!

Captcha: Get DISH Now...Captcha, y u sell out?

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
I for one applaud the state of Washington for having some actually sensible laws concerning drunken idiocy.

If two people agree to fight to settle a difference, I say let them have at it.

No sense in arresting both of them afterward if they're going to do it anyway.

TitanAura

Jun 30, 2011
Hey, both had declared fisticuffs. I think it's appropriate that if we can have sanctioned PROFESSIONAL sports involving grown adults beating the ever loving shit out of each other for money, regular joes should be allowed to agree to the terms of a simple bout so long as no weapons are involved.
I.E.
I'm okay with this.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
God I wish Australia had mutual combat laws.
If two people want a round of fisty cuffs then they should be allowed to have at it.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Beautiful End said:
It also makes me wonder if he either has no life or if he's incredibly dumb to go and try to change the world, one criminal at a time.
I dont think his point is to change the world, i think the reason he does the videos of it suggest that it is to show the world that you CAN help the world be better, if only you tried hard enough. If hes at it alone, we will consider it dumb. but then, shouldnt we consider police dumb? they too are triyng to better the world one criminal at a time, its just that there are more than 1 police officer. see where im getting?

Daniel Genseric said:
ASIA FOR THE ASIANS, AFRICA FOR THE AFRICANS, WHITE COUNTRIES FOR EVERYBODY!

Everybody says there is this RACE problem. Everybody says this RACE problem will be solved when the third world pours into EVERY white country and ONLY into white countries.

The Netherlands and Belgium are just as crowded as Japan or Taiwan, but nobody says Japan or Taiwan will solve this RACE problem by bringing in millions of third worlders and quote assimilating unquote with them.

Everybody says the final solution to this RACE problem is for EVERY white country and ONLY white countries to ?assimilate,? i.e., intermarry, with all those non-whites.
i agree that i sounds simplistic and dumb, but itsm erely overcompensation for hundreds of years of white people dominance. white people ahve been going into blac communities and asimilating long before we banned slavery. its just that the extent wasnt so big. thing is, us, white people, dont WANT to go to africa. they WANT to go here. (now i know a LOT of white people that moved to Japan and live there so you cant really say that japan dont accept white people) only few people i know that went to africa, but most people wouldnt want to go there even for a holiday. and the reaosn is simple - political isntability.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
"Superhero" implies superpowers. Hero is just a generic term for people who do heroic things. He's not quiet either. I purpose a new term: Costumed hero!