"Mutual Combat Laws" Let Superhero Trounce Racist

GTwander

Mar 26, 2008
California needs this law asap.
Our jails are too overcrowded as it is with minor drug offenders to hold people caught after the average scuffle.

Shit, I can think of many situations where I would have invoked this.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
gigastar said:
Im not sure if MMA has anything to deal with it, though.
I'm not sure if that was serious, but yeah. A little.

Wonder if Jones would complain if he was locked in a hold without advancing....

AzrealMaximillion said:
The last time Phoenix Jones was talked about on the Escapist people were trashing him (then he was breaking up a multi person fight and wound up pepper spraying those who attacked him. People then tried to run him over in a car Jones was arrested for assault, quite pitifully I might add). Now its flipped as soon as he beats up a racist.
To be fair, the "racist" part is pretty much superfluous here. They're cheering him on because he challenged someone to "mutual combat."

This turns a vigilante from a prick to a hero, because FIGHT!

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
I don't understand why they called 911 though? Here in the UK you only call 911 if its an emergency, for some random drunk dude being a dick you'd just give the police station a call on its local number. Is it different across the pond?

The Mutual Combat Law makes so much sense though, normally once a fight is done it clears the air. I think the only reason why the second guy got so arsey is that a) he'd just seen his best friend get his ass kicked and b) theres a bunch of girls watching (I think it was the presence of this girls that caused the 1st guy to finally step up and start the fight).

I really do wish he'd fought the second guy though, he was the one who seemed to need the smack most anyway!

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
Daniel Genseric said:
Anti-racist is a code word for anti-white.

The fact that you had to ejaculate your white privilege over a video involving men dressed up as superheroes makes the silliness of this all the sweeter.

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
Trying to imagine what would have happened if he had styled himself after The Punisher.

When that guy took his shirt of, it was priceless. You know when the shirt comes of, shiznit just got real.

Wee need more people that can beat the crap out of other people patrolling the streets as vigilantes, everywhere. And they should also have the right to bust a move on someone on the grounds of them being an a-hole. Seriously pissed that no one has laws against being an a-hole, since basically that's where a lot of the behavior or practices that are illegal come from.

WabbitTwacks

Dec 8, 2010
Mr.Tea said:
Holy shit!

This is the same guy I saw back in may when I was in Seattle!

Looks like he really can fight...

Wow, he has a team now? I've missed a lot. And that luchador in the pimp suit looks fun :D

CryoSynth

Jun 2, 2011
Eh mutual combat is all well and good until someone pumped up on the adrenaline goes to far and beats their defeated opponent to death. Or until hospitals are filled with injured combatants, resulting in longer waits for people who haven't deliberately decided to injure someone/get injured.

Really, even though Jones showed restraint, if that guy had fallen badly and hit his head he could've died still.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
While vigilantes are considered "cool" by the public, there are reasons why you don't see them very often
1. It can go ugly very fast (collateral damage is real concern even amongst law enforcement)
2. It takes special kind of crazy to dress up and walk around in a "costume"- even if the guy is "good"
3. It's dangerous- in reality guns are surprisingly effective against masked heroes
So while I want to like vigilantes, I don't support such approach

UltraPic

Dec 5, 2011
CryoSynth said:
Eh mutual combat is all well and good until someone pumped up on the adrenaline goes to far and beats their defeated opponent to death. Or until hospitals are filled with injured combatants, resulting in longer waits for people who haven't deliberately decided to injure someone/get injured.

Really, even though Jones showed restraint, if that guy had fallen badly and hit his head he could've died still.
Well this "mutual combat" is just police discretion by a different name, and in this case they probably should have stepped in asap as they most definitely know this Phoenix Jones.

CaptainMarvelous

May 9, 2012
Daniel Genseric said:
ASIA FOR THE ASIANS, AFRICA FOR THE AFRICANS, WHITE COUNTRIES FOR EVERYBODY!

Everybody says there is this RACE problem. Everybody says this RACE problem will be solved when the third world pours into EVERY white country and ONLY into white countries.

The Netherlands and Belgium are just as crowded as Japan or Taiwan, but nobody says Japan or Taiwan will solve this RACE problem by bringing in millions of third worlders and quote assimilating unquote with them.

Everybody says the final solution to this RACE problem is for EVERY white country and ONLY white countries to ?assimilate,? i.e., intermarry, with all those non-whites.

What if I said there was this RACE problem and this RACE problem would be solved only if hundreds of millions of non-blacks were brought into EVERY black country and ONLY into black countries?

How long would it take anyone to realize I?m not talking about a RACE problem. I am talking about the final solution to the BLACK problem?

And how long would it take any sane black man to notice this and what kind of psycho black man wouldn?t object to this?

But if I tell that obvious truth about the ongoing program of genocide against my race, the white race, Liberals and respectable conservatives agree that I am a naziwhowantstokillsixmillionjews.

They say they are anti-racist. What they are is anti-white.

Anti-racist is a code word for anti-white.
Y'all know white folks can live in Africa and Asia right?

RyQ_TMC

Apr 24, 2009
gigastar said:
That poor fool lost the moment he tried to imitate Jones' fighting style.

He probably would have been better off rushing in and trying to grapple him..
Yup, always remember the simple rule: if they kick and punch, decrease the distance. If they grab and grapple, increase the distance.

Although seeing how Jones has some serious experience, he's probably way better at controlling the field than his opponent.

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
all i could think of is 'our valued customers', and all the entries they have on people declaring 'I could totally kick wolverine/thor/batmans ass.'

Gearhead mk2

Aug 1, 2011
...I can't be the only one that thought of that scene in Kick-Ass where he saves he guy from the muggers while everyone else just watches.

Dire Sloth

Filthy Casual
Jun 23, 2012
The guy that rips his shirt off reminds me of Scrappy Doo, only he's not a puppy, and he's a colossal douche.

Thank you, Phoenix Jones and Co. for being the bigger men.