MW2 on PC(From someone who has bought it and is playing it)

WlknCntrdiction

May 8, 2008
Right, before I start, spare me your pity posts and your "how could you?!" crap. Lucky I'm actually taking my time to tell all of you disgruntled PC people what it's like. Anyway, rant over, let's get to the meat.

SinglePlayer:
It's a blast pretty much, though everything I've played at the moment is kinda expected due to the first MW giving us such big set pieces and battles. Everything has been refined to such a degree and then refined some more. Nothing left really to say, I'm trundling along it at a steady pace, no rushing here, think you'll appreciate it that much more if you do the same, but then that's my opinion(which I really shouldn't need to add, people aren't THAT stupid..............on second thoughts).

Spec Ops:
I haven't played it yet so can't comment on it.

Multiplayer:
No doubt(like me)you all were annoyed when IW said there would be no dedicated servers. They said IWnet would be just as good, well I can tell you now that that's a load of balls(as if we didn't already know it would be to begin with). Joining matches is quick, but that's about it. It takes quite a while for the maps to load up and get into the action, and even when you do there is blatant laaaaaaaaag, everywhere, it's just not kosher for a PC game. Like I've said in another thread, I've encountered(so far)enemies skating across the ground, I've fallen through the ground a number of times too, become stuck on geometry for no apparent reason and even got teleported all the way back to the other side of a map by lag. It's not a smooth experience by a long shot. What gets me is that if it's this laggy with not as many PC gamers on, then just imagine what kind of "experience" the console people are getting with at least 3 times the amount of players(don't quote me on that ¬_¬).

The multiplayer is just a bag of fail really. I know though that IW probably won't do anything about it though since we are the minority that will buy the game, they have the money from the console guys to keep them warm instead, which is a shame. If you've gotten used to gaming on dedicated servers then the multiplayer in this game is not for you, not by a long shot, IW need to sort themselves out. I hope people hack this game and make their own servers, it would be all that could save this game really.

P.s. Sorry for being snappy, not having a good day today.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
I'll wait for the price to drop to 20 bucks (in like 4 years) before even looking at it. It seems they ignored everything that thousands of fans said for really no reason and said "trust us you'll like it better" while the rest of the internet insisted that they wanted something else. But whatever wasn't terribly interested in this in the first place.

Captain_Caveman

Mar 21, 2009
From Tom Sawyer. ( with WlknCntrdiction playing the part of Tom & the people he's trying to sway playing the part of Ben )

Ben: ?Hello, old chap, you got to work, hey??

Tom wheeled suddenly and said:

Tom: ?Why, it?s you, Ben! I warn?t noticing.?

Ben: ?Say ? I?m going in a-swimming, I am. Don?t you wish you could? But of course you?d druther work ? wouldn?t you? Course you would!?

Tom contemplated the boy a bit, and said:

Tom: ?What do you call work??

Ben: ?Why, ain?t that work??

Tom resumed his whitewashing, and answered carelessly:

Tom: ?Well, maybe it is, and maybe it ain?t. All I know, is, it suits Tom Sawyer.?

Ben: ?Oh come, now, you don?t mean to let on that you like it??

The brush continued to move.

Tom: ?Like it? Well, I don?t see why I oughtn?t to like it. Does a boy get a chance to whitewash a fence every day??

That put the thing in a new light. Ben stopped nibbling his apple. Tom swept his brush daintily back and forth ? stepped back to note the effect ? added a touch here and there ? criticised the effect again ? Ben watching every move and getting more and more interested, more and more absorbed. Presently he said:

Ben: ?Say, Tom, let me whitewash a little.?

WlknCntrdiction

May 8, 2008
I've lost my faith in IW/Activision tbh, such a dick move on all their parts. IW should have stuck to their guns, I'm sure they're not stupid enough to have willingly done this. Heck, if Activision dropped them then I'm sure there would've been dozens of other publishers waiting to scoop it up.
I paid £40 for this as well lol, which is another dick move, there was no need to hike the price up at all, recession my ass. I'm not bothered though cause I bought Borderlands today too, which is getting more play time strangely enough:)

UberMore

Sep 7, 2008
Snotnarok said:
I'll wait for the price to drop to 20 bucks (in like 4 years) before even looking at it. It seems they ignored everything that thousands of fans said for really no reason and said "trust us you'll like it better" while the rest of the internet insisted that they wanted something else. But whatever wasn't terribly interested in this in the first place.
Here here! (I agree, in other words). But I'm one fortunate enough to be able to get it for the PS3 aswell, which I've not done and am not going to do for quite a while; there's always something about getting something when it's hugely popular that doesn't appeal to me, plus living in the UK means I'm screwed on the price.

jamesworkshop

Sep 3, 2008
UberMore said:
Snotnarok said:
Here here! (I agree, in other words). But I'm one fortunate enough to be able to get it for the PS3 aswell, which I've not done and am not going to do for quite a while; there's always something about getting something when it's hugely popular that doesn't appeal to me, plus living in the UK means I'm screwed on the price.
Sainsburys £26

Beefjerky

Sep 9, 2008
I'm not really mad about the dedicated servers anymore, I can live without them in one game. The thing that pisses me off is the way they blatantly ignores the PC community and really shits on the modding community.

It's not how a professional company should behave.

I'm picking up a copy of MW2 as soon as IW start to listen to its players and acknowledge that they need modders.

UberMore

Sep 7, 2008
jamesworkshop said:
UberMore said:
Snotnarok said:
Sainsburys £26
Seriously?! Well, for a good enough price I'll shit on my beliefs!
*runs to Fosse park* SHIT! It's in the Orange Triangle!
*Runs again (an amazing feat for one of my size)* NOOOO!!! CLOSING!!!!
DAMN YOU GODS!!!!
I guess I'll come back tomorrow with money, instead of being wrapped in a towel.

Cheers for the info by the by, I just might buy it now. (no sarcasm).

jamesworkshop

Sep 3, 2008
UberMore said:
jamesworkshop said:
UberMore said:
Snotnarok said:
Sainsburys £26
Seriously?! Well, for a good enough price I'll shit on my beliefs!
*runs to Fosse park* SHIT! It's in the Orange Triangle!
*Runs again (an amazing feat for one of my size)* NOOOO!!! CLOSING!!!!
DAMN YOU GODS!!!!
I guess I'll come back tomorrow with money, instead of being wrapped in a towel.

Cheers for the info by the by, I just might buy it now. (no sarcasm).
I know i went this morning but alas nothing was left

WlknCntrdiction

May 8, 2008
L3m0n_L1m3 said:
Well, thank god for being a console gamer!
Yeah, thank god you're a console gamer and a smartass who doesn't get what the deal is about. Go back and play with your coloured buttons now like a good douche:)

MR T3D

Feb 21, 2009
i suggest you try to return it, it seems you wasted your money here, not surprised at all.
Also, i think in 4 years IW WILL drop online support for it...so, yeah, because with their system THEY CAN.
that's too much dev control.

L3m0n_L1m3

Jul 27, 2009
WlknCntrdiction said:
L3m0n_L1m3 said:
Yeah, thank god you're a console gamer and a smartass who doesn't get what the deal is about. Go back and play with your coloured buttons now like a good douche:)
I'm fully aware of what's wrong with the PC version. Lag, no lean, 9v9, no mods, no dedicated servers, etc. I feel for you gamers, but at the same time I'm glad I play on consoles. That last sentence was necessary.

Zac_Dai

Oct 21, 2008
Was gonna get it on PC for the MP.

Instead I'll rent it on the 360 for a couple of quid and do the 6 hour SP.

jamesworkshop

Sep 3, 2008
L3m0n_L1m3 said:
WlknCntrdiction said:
L3m0n_L1m3 said:
I'm fully aware of what's wrong with the PC version. Lag, no lean, 9v9, no mods, no dedicated servers, etc. I feel for you gamers, but at the same time I'm glad I play on consoles. That last sentence was necessary.
"no lean, 9v9, no mods, no dedicated servers"
Thats no different from the console version