MW2 on PC(From someone who has bought it and is playing it)

WlknCntrdiction

May 8, 2008
MR T3D said:
i suggest you try to return it, it seems you wasted your money here, not surprised at all.
Also, i think in 4 years IW WILL drop online support for it...so, yeah, because with their system THEY CAN.
that's too much dev control.
I can't return it. Gamestation don't allow returns on PC games:/
It's still early days, I'm going to hope against hope that IW do actually do something, it's only the first day, give it a bit of time, my faith hasn't completely gone, hopefully they'll do something:)

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
jamesworkshop said:
L3m0n_L1m3 said:
WlknCntrdiction said:
L3m0n_L1m3 said:
Well, thank god for being a console gamer!
Yeah, thank god you're a console gamer and a smartass who doesn't get what the deal is about. Go back and play with your coloured buttons now like a good douche:)
I'm fully aware of what's wrong with the PC version. Lag, no lean, 9v9, no mods, no dedicated servers, etc. I feel for you gamers, but at the same time I'm glad I play on consoles. That last sentence was necessary.
"no lean, 9v9, no mods, no dedicated servers"
Thats no different from the console version
All of those were in older versions of the game though, why would you take them away in what is supposed to be an updated version of the game?

WlknCntrdiction

May 8, 2008
I just came across this on the IW forums. It's in response to a post by Fourzerotwo on what IWNet offers PC gamers. I would say this list pretty much sums how I feel about all this:

"Positives

+ Welcomed info

Negatives and notes

- Still vague. It covers none of the technical aspects we are really interested in.
- Clan matches are still off.
- Dedicated servers are the only way.
- Unless IW.net has dedicated servers of its own dotted around the globe I can't see this working.
- Gamers outside the US and Europe have no hope.
- For those who do host it will be a total lag fest and very unstable.
- A host with a 1mb upload isnt going to be able to support a match
- No mods or custom maps (Could be you will charge for map packs and deliver all content via IW.net)
- PC gamers are not all salesmen for dedicated server providers.
- P2P is a backwards step and practically suicidle.
- Many innovations in the game today originally came from modders
- Games that have not used dedicated servers have failed
- Put dedicated servers option for clans along side this match-making facility.
- You improve as a player by learning from better players.
- Servers will be full of spammers, foul language and racisim.
- Why have you announced IWNET just 3 weeks before release?
- PC gamers spend thousands of dollars on their PCs. If they wanted a console experience they would buy one.
- PC gamers are mature players with jobs and responsibilities, not merely angry nerds.
- Who do you think buys the kids games? Us, the adults. We have the buying power.
- IW have shown a complete lack of respect with offensive and disrespectful comments in a recent interview.
- Alienated the PC geared media and highly influential journalists, bloggers and community leaders.
- Rival developers will be looking to attract disgruntled MW2 prospective buyers. BFBC2, for example.

I hope IW takes note.

Lose us now and lose us forever."

http://www.savecod.com/

EDIT: Link to the thread. http://www.infinityward.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=128182

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Hah, I know for sure that Bf:BC2 is beginning to look HELLA sweet :D I'm just pissed that MW2's not cracked yet, cos I really wanted to try that single player. £40 for a 6 hr single player is too much to ask when I got Mirror's Edge and Deadspace for £8 a piece. Looks like IW's set sail aboard the failboat!

RoseBridge

Oct 27, 2009
on consoles its sunshine and roses, no lag at all(that I've experienced). However I do hope IW gives PC what they want cause it seems like a weird thing to do.
and I haven't done research into why they did it.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
JeanLuc761 said:

Truth be told, I think that image says all that needs to be said...
Interesting, of the reviews for PC on Metacritic, only the Edge and one other appear to actually be for the PC version. The others seems to have just ticked the 'pc' box in the review of one of the consoles versions.

Of those two reviews, one simply says 'we're not going to talk about the multiplayer,' whilst Edge's mentions that it is 'a sizeable blemish' on MW2 and that in world with it's predecessor and TF2 around it's unlikely to have any long term success on PC, all because Infinity Ward is seemingly obsessed with control at the moment, but still alrgely skirts over it. There seems to be a lot of glossing over going on right now.

Poomanchu745

Sep 11, 2009
RoseBridge said:
on consoles its sunshine and roses, no lag at all(that I've experienced). However I do hope IW gives PC what they want cause it seems like a weird thing to do.
and I haven't done research into why they did it.
Because we make up a small percentage of their profit so they can just screw us over and not have to worry about their profit margins taking a big hit. Its really that they are lazy and would rather not do the work and make just about the same amount of money. Money grubbing at its worst... And to think we supported the hell out of them when it was a PC only franchise... O what money does to people...

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Well that was quite enjoyable, the single player aspect of it. Bigger, better, louder than the first. I loved every second of it and hope another will be made. Time to try out multiplayer and spec ops.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
UberMore said:
Snotnarok said:
I'll wait for the price to drop to 20 bucks (in like 4 years) before even looking at it. It seems they ignored everything that thousands of fans said for really no reason and said "trust us you'll like it better" while the rest of the internet insisted that they wanted something else. But whatever wasn't terribly interested in this in the first place.
Here here! (I agree, in other words). But I'm one fortunate enough to be able to get it for the PS3 aswell, which I've not done and am not going to do for quite a while; there's always something about getting something when it's hugely popular that doesn't appeal to me, plus living in the UK means I'm screwed on the price.
Yeah, 90 bucks for a game? Screw that, I would never pay 90 bucks for a game unless it had some fun bonus stuff.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
Really, are we back to this again...

I had some sympathy for PC gamers before - it seemed like a truly dick move by Infinity Ward, and one that I didn't agree with at all. Yet after reading the responses to this, and other threads, my sympathy has vanished - you people really need to grow up and give up the pathetic elitism because you make all PC gamers look bad...

. They are a company . Surprisingly enough IW create video-games to make money. I had to laugh at the idiot above that stated they were "lazy" for not putting in a large amount of extra work for "the same profit margin". I'm sure I don't have to explain what's wrong with thar sentence.

. Secondarily, the sheer elitism. Now this has always been an issue, but on this thread it's reached ridiculous, and frankly, pathetic levels. Your playing on a PC, I play on a console - so what? Does that somehow make you 1000 times more intelligent than me? (exaggerated but I have seen similar claims).

It's a system of choice, and yes it primarily uses dedicated servers and mods. But the sheer amount of moaning and whining is ridiculous - there is a petition, there are a million threads about this; and yet still you whine. Now, I would be fine if you whined about the game, but the fact many are moaning about an equal system with consoles as though they deserve more because of their system of choice (despite the extremely high levels of piracy of CoD4) is ridiculous.

[/rant]

jamesworkshop

Sep 3, 2008
D_987 said:
Really, are we back to this again...

I had some sympathy for PC gamers before - it seemed like a truly dick move by Infinity Ward, and one that I didn't agree with at all. Yet after reading the responses to this, and other threads, my sympathy has vanished - you people really need to grow up and give up the pathetic elitism because you make all PC gamers look bad...

. They are a company . Surprisingly enough IW create video-games to make money. I had to laugh at the idiot above that stated they were "lazy" for not putting in a large amount of extra work for "the same profit margin". I'm sure I don't have to explain what's wrong with thar sentence.

. Secondarily, the sheer elitism. Now this has always been an issue, but on this thread it's reached ridiculous, and frankly, pathetic levels. Your playing on a PC, I play on a console - so what? Does that somehow make you 1000 times more intelligent than me? (exaggerated but I have seen similar claims).

It's a system of choice, and yes it primarily uses dedicated servers and mods. But the sheer amount of moaning and whining is ridiculous - there is a petition, there are a million threads about this; and yet still you whine. Now, I would be fine if you whined about the game, but the fact many are moaning about an equal system with consoles as though they deserve more because of their system of choice (despite the extremely high levels of piracy of CoD4) is ridiculous.

[/rant]
In realtiy it adds up to about maybe twenty people complaining

Acidwell

Beware of Snow Giraffes
Jun 13, 2009
This is from someone who has played about 8 hours of the multiplayer part of mw2 on pc and i will say i havent seen one bit of lag, no major glitches and the whole thing about it being difficult to play with friends is bullshit.
If you are offended by people swearing but still play an 18s game grow the fuck up. If you won't do that there is a mute button.
Ok its not perfect,as i mentioned in another thread some of the maps feel a bit too big for the standard team deathmatch(which is 6v6 btw)
Personally i would love custom maps and mods(especially jump mod) but this game has a very good multiplayer by any standards and iw.net does what its meant to.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
JeanLuc761 said:

That's very good I got a laugh haha.

Oh well maybe one day companies will learn to listen when thousands of people say the same thing.

Poomanchu745

Sep 11, 2009
Snotnarok said:
JeanLuc761 said:

That's very good I got a laugh haha.

Oh well maybe one day companies will learn to listen when thousands of people say the same thing.
Except its only 1000s of people that are saying the same thing. The rest (millions) are singing its praises and wacking off to it on the console. IW just doesn't care about the small population that is PC and tailors the game to the console.

Medic Heavy

Jul 4, 2008
One question. If you had the chance to buy the console version (And you had a console) would you buy the console version over or the PC version.

That's the situation I'm currently in, as of now it's looking like I should buy it for the console I own(namely the PS3).