My Biggest Problem with New Vegas Isn't the Bugs

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Same, I like Mr New Vegas, and I like Black Mountain's commentary, but the final game has a total of what... 8 songs?
Anyone find a pack or something to spice things up yet?

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
zHellas said:
Fusioncode9 said:
zHellas said:
-Samurai- said:
I can't stand Mr. New Vegas. I'm thinking of keeping the radio off and listening to the in-game music. Anyone that knows me knows that I always turn the in-game music off.
Wait 'till you hear Rhonda & Tabitha.

They're hilarious!

Or at least pretty entertaining.
Is it something like the adventures of herbert daring dashwood?
No. It's a Woman and a Super Mutant giving silly reports and news stories(about the Nightkin; the "Dum-Dums", etc.). At least I find them silly.
so the news readers from futurama?

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
They're aren't many songs, but damn it if I don't love Wayne Newton.

Johnny Guitar...

Reg0

Dead Eye
Jun 15, 2009
if i remember correctly they added extra songs in dlc for for fallout 3, gonna hazzard a guess they will do it for new vegas aswell

Rusman

Aug 12, 2008
Meh haven't listened to the radio to be honest, I prefer the ambient world sounds over the radio.
That and the fact that Three Dog pissed me off so much in Fallout 3. Even if some song were good I refused to listen to GnR. And Enclave got boring after a while.

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
There is (already) a mod [http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34999] that might be what you're looking for.

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
TestECull said:
GnR was way better than anything in Vegas. I would love to see a DLC bring Three Dog back.

Syndicated, of course. He ain't gonna be leaving that cool radio studio in the downtown DC hellhole anytime soon. But he could easily enough syndicate his station out west.

As for the blandness of the songs, they're super easy to swap out. Go to Steam\Steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\data\sound\songs\radionv and pop your own MP3s in. Back up the originals. Then rename yours to what the originals used to be. Works a treat. I love hearing the sweet sound of a BRM V16 way more than I do another looping of Big Iron.
Can you do that in fallout 3 too?

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
Dr. Whiggs said:
-Samurai- said:
I can't stand Mr. New Vegas.
I will fight you to the death from the back of one of Wayne Newton's majestic Arabian horses.
No problems with Wayne Newton, but Mr. New Vegas is a boring character. I feel like I'm listening to Casey Kasem.

mjhhiv

Jun 22, 2008
The host is fine. Probably better than Three Dog. The songs, though? Bleh. Literally, the most important thing in Fallout 3 for me was the song selection. I'm convinced that it changed my entire perception of the game. I don't think Obsidian really "gets" that this is a popular sentiment. Maybe not everyone is extreme about as me, but in general, the radio was important to a lot of people, and Obsidian seems to have just brushed over it. Granted, they brushed over a lot of stuff.

ArcWinter

May 9, 2009
Honestly, I didn't like Three Doq that much. But man, I played throuqh 60 levels with the Enclave qoin' nonstop.

I qot New Veqas, but haven't had a chance to play. Hopefully there is somethinq better, or at least some siqnal you find later in the qame, that will be entertaininq.

remember aqathas radio station that was some qood music and was pretty funny i mean some nice classical violin while you are punchinq off some dudes leqs ha so qreat

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Fusioncode9 said:
It's the radio stations. I loved GNR and the enclave, I have each one on for the entire time of my 100+ hours sunk into the game, but here I turned the radio off after one hour. There's only like 3 songs and their just so bland. I hate it.

What do you guys think? which game had better radio stations?
Yeah I gotta agree, I was wondering why there's so few different songs. I was kinda hoping more would open up eventually as I got through the game, but nope... There might be more radio stations (I got 3 atm) though, so I suppose I'll wait and see, but still, none of it is coming close to GNR.

Jan 23, 2009
comon GNR was pretty lacking too, until I got a mod to add 100+ songs to it. It should be pretty easy to do the same for New Vegas too. Look it up. Unless you're on a console, then I can only console you.

Impluse_101

Jun 25, 2009
We need something like in grand theft auto where you had that one station were you could put in your own music. That would have made the radio worth listening to, WHEREVER YOU WANT, whenever you want.

Oh I'm supposed to be stealthy? Lemme put on Pink Panther Music, Oh I got caught? Well then Time to turn up the heat then.

Veldt Falsetto

Dec 26, 2009
DustyDrB said:
I've forgotten to turn the radio on. I swear it sounds like they're using some music from Oblivion on the non-radio stuff, though
Exactly this, well sorta, I turned the radio on but because unlike Fallout 3, New Vegas has actual music for walking around then the bad radio doesnt bother me, it has an impressive soundtrack.

Senaro

Jan 5, 2008
I hated GNR radio. Black Mountain radio in Vegas beats anything on Fallout 3.