My games backlog is pretty bad. what about yours??

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
I have like 100 games in my backlong, and I only played around half of them so far. I really don't mind having a backlong since that means I'll always have something interesting to play.

Offworlder_v1legacy

Ya Old Mate
May 3, 2009
I can't comprehend how some people can get lists that big!

I finish a game before I move onto another generally, but I do have to finish Just Cause 2, and I feel I'll have a few more after I get payed and go out and have a look at what I can get.

-

"What kind of training?"

Captcha- ARMY TRAINING, SIR!

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
Most of them are games that I just haven't beaten but my backlog would include The Darkness, Assassin's Creed 3, Far Cry 3, Skyrim, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Alone in the Dark, Little Big Planet 2, Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Darksiders (bough that one for my Mum) and Ninja Gaiden 2. I recently managed to get Dragon's Dogma off of my backlog but it probably doesn't count since I plan on buying Dark Arisen in April.

That's nowhere near as bad as my backlog for books though. I have 23 books that I still need to finish.

masticina

Jan 19, 2011
Mine is Horendous

As in I don't even buy that many games but I only really finished one serious game. That being The Darkness, it was a short nice simple delicious game.

But yeah I do own some long term rpg's... the type that suck up 100 hours easily. Oh yes and in almost each of them I hit a point that I just stop caring. I like the scenery, I like the story I like... oh yeah I belief I have to grind for 20 hours before I can beat this upcoming boss. Such a shame.

And that is me. I am a sucker like that! But I still buy games.

Maybe one day I get away from Final Fantasy 7 first disc [seriously!]. Maybe one day I will actually get somewhere in Final Fantasy XII. Oh yeah that one to.. oh boy.

And that are only the Final Fantasy's. I do own a few less hardcore rpg's. As in Bioware RPG's, great written stories, great characters and yet another bottleneck moment that just makes me stop playing.

I guess the reason The Darkness ended up being the one I did play through was because it was kinda short. But I am now stuck with having to look at if it is worth playing Bioshock 1 and 2 .. I bought them have I played them?

Oh I did buy Faster then Light, and since that has an end I might try to make that my second game. Yeah I see myself exploding and failing allot but hey.. Oh I forget one game I did finish the main quest of Neverwinternights. It was nice cut up in smaller blocks of quests and I have played it a few times.

I guess that is the secret with me I like the carrot but give it to me in little blocks ;)

I hope to get somewhere though with Ni No Ku Ne, you know the game I mean. Why? It is modern yet remembers me of why I played Final Fantasy. It also is not as easy as it looks ;) So yes one needs to grind.

Darquenaut

Feb 22, 2010
Wooo.... okay, now I don't feel as bad as I thought I would- it's good to know I'm in good company.

However, my backlog problem really didn't start until the last few years. Back in the N64/ GCN days I played those games to completion. Now I might buy a game because it looks awesome and I want to support the developer studio, but I'lleither play it and stop "just because," or I'll be getting it while busy with another game... let's see...

Game marked with an "*" means I begun playing them, but never actually completed the main storyline. In the case of fighting games, I didn't complete a single playthrough with all characters.

BlazBlue *
Brutal Legend*
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow*
Catherine*
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
DmC*
Dragon Age: Origins*
Dragon's Dogma*
Doom 3: BFG Edition
El Shaddai,Ascension of the Metatron*
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion*
Fatal Frame 2*
Halo 4
Hitman: Absolution*
Hitman: HD Collection (I actually have beaten the games... bought this because I'd like to have all 3 game available on one console.)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning*
Left4Dead2*
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword*
Mirror's Edge
Okami
Prey
Red Faction: Guerilla*
Resident Evil 6*
Resonance of Fate
The Saboteur*
Shadows of the Damned*
Silent Hill 4*
Silent Hill: Homecoming*
Singularity*
Sniper Elite V2*
Super Mario Galaxy*
Super Mario Galaxy 2*
Super Street Fighter 4*
Tekken Tag Tournament 2*
Withcer 2: Assassin of Kings*
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Zack and Wiki*

AlmostLikeLife

Apr 24, 2009
Let's take a look here...

360/PS3
Borderlands
Demon's Souls
Dark Souls
Dishonored
Far Cry 3
Rage
Sleeping Dogs
Spec Ops: the Line
The Witcher 2

PS2
XIII
Ico
Okami
Persona 4
Resident Evil 4
Silent Hill 2

SNES/N64
Final Fantasy III
LoZ: A Link to the Past
Banjo-Tooie
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Donkey Kong 64
LoZ: Majora's Mask

Wii
LoZ: Skyward Sword

So, yeah, quite a list I have going here.

SquidVicious

Apr 20, 2011
Country
United States
I've got a pretty lengthy backlog of games, many purchased during a Steam or GOG sale. There's a few I doubt I'll ever get around to finishing, but here are the games that I have started and intend on finishing.

Fallout & Fallout 2
Hotline Miami
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Deus Ex
Mark of the Ninja
Lone Survivor
Bastion
Mass Effect
System Shock 2
Deus Ex: Human Revolutions
Far Cry 3
Dead Space

Here's the games I've purchased but haven't started playing yet

Just Cause 2
Thief & Thief 2
The Witcher
Arcanum Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
X-COM: Enemy Unknown

I have a bad tendency to start a game, enjoy it, but stop playing because I decide I need to read more, or I want to spend more time with my girlfriend/ friends, and then when I go back to revisit the game I can't remember what had happened before, so I restart the game and get up to the same part or a little beyond and then the cycle repeats itself. I think it's one of the reasons I prefer indie games, their shorter length makes them easier for me to complete in one or two sittings, whereas a game like Mass Effect just takes too much time from my life. Then there are just some games I've played, and even enjoyed, but have no intention of ever finishing, like every Bethesda game, Diablo III and Torchlight II, and then there's just games I played and thought was too mediocre to bother finishing like Dead Island.

thejackyl

Apr 16, 2008
My backlog isn't too bad, except for Steam which is only at 16 games. Most of which I got in a bundle because it was cheaper than just the one game, and most of which I don't plan on playing.

I have a handful of handheld RPGs that I can't be bothered to finished (Phantasy Star 1-3, Pokemon Black, TWEWY, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn.)

I've beat all but 3 games on the Wii (MadWorld, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3)

Okay, maybe I do have a bit of a backlog, but most games I put down, I don't plan on picking back up.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
My game backlog is fairly small. Let's see, I still need to play: Beyond Good and Evil, Sly Cooper 1 & 2, Devil May Cry, and Rayman Origins. I still need to get around to finishing KotOR at some point, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. I'm also going to be going through the New Vegas DLC soon, but I'm not sure if that counts. My only backlog that I'm dreading is my web comic backlog. So many that I'm more than a year behind on, so many more that I yet to even read.

CommanderL

May 12, 2011
Knights the old repbulic 1 and 2
The awaking expansion for dragon age
titan quest
alpha protocol -for the third time first time playing it on pc may have to break out my gamepad as pc controll suck-
metro 2033 it chrashes my pc everytime I try to play it

The oddworld series
portal 2
and a few more I havnt even started yet

necromanzer52

Mar 19, 2009
Compared to most people here, I'm doing pretty well with my backlog. I only own 3 games, that I haven't got around to playing. (GTA:Vice city, deadrising, and halo wars).

Got a fair few games that I never got around to finishing for various reasons, but I'll probably get around to them soon enough.

TomLikesGuitar

Jul 6, 2010
mohit9206 said:
Edited for easy reading-

PC:
Borderlands 2
Darksiders 2
Assassin's creed 3
Godfather 2
Prototype
Mafia 2
Stalker COP
Split Second
Blades of Time
Resident Evil ORC
Amnesia: Dark Descent
Lone Survivor

PS2:
Silent Hill 4
Mafia
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Final fantasy X2
Final Fantasy XII
Heroes of the Pacific
Evil Dead: Fistful of Boomstick
Timesplitters: Future Perfect

GBA:
Legend of Zelda: The Minnish Cap
Final Fantasy 6 Advance
Harvest Moon
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
Golden Sun
Kingdom Hearts
Mother 3

Buy:
Tomb Raider
Resident Evil 6
Bioshock Infinite
Mine sucks pretty bad too (stupid Steam sales and old systems I just bought)...

PS2:
Castlevania: SOTN

SNES:
DKC 2: Diddy's Kong Quest

PC:
Diablo 3
Hitman Absolution
Max Payne 3
DMC
Binding of Isaac
Company of Heroes
Darksiders
Medal of Honor
Red Faction: Armageddon

Buy:
Bioshock Infinite
Starcraft 2: HOTS
Tomb Raider (maybe... looks kinda shitty IMO)

--------------------------------

IMO, you should do the following...

Save up for Bioshock Infinite.
While doing so, beat Amnesia: Dark Descent (simply because it is often considered the best horror game of all time).
I think your PS2 line-up seems weak so save those for when the urge really strikes.
Also, keep Mother 3 in your GBA for those portable binges.

I'd appreciate suggestions on my list as well from anyone here seeing as how I have no idea where to start.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
x-Tomfoolery-x said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
What do you recommend I pick up next? I'm torn between finishing some of those, picking up Beyond Good... or starting a classy RPG, something that will take months off my life like Dragon Quest 8 / Tales of the Abyss did.
Get yourself some Wild Arms, my friend. The PS2 has plenty of those. Alter Code F is probably the best of the bunch.

As for my backlog. It's extensive. My steam account being the worst offender.
I also still have PS1 rpgs I want to play. And PSP rpgs. And PS3 games.

RPGs seem to be the bane of my gaming existence.
So much time required to enjoy them.
I always wanted to try one of those (if anything because <3 western <3) but I know it starts at Wild Arms 3 on the PS2. Is it like Final Fantasy, where there's no continuity between games? Can I just pick Alter Code F without caring for narrative continuity?

Kiefer13

Wizzard
Jul 31, 2008
Steam sales and procrastination do not mix well.

Alpha Protocol
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Anno 2070
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Batman: Arkham City
Braid
Crysis
Crysis Warhead
Dead Space
Dead Space 2
DEFCON
Europa Universalis III
F.E.A.R
F.E.A.R: Extraction Point
F.E.A.R: Perseus Mandate
F.E.A.R 2: Project Origin
F.E.A.R 3
Gemini Rue
Hearts of Iron III
Jade Empire: Special Edition
Max Payne 3
Metro 2033
Penumbra: Black Plague
Penumbra: Overture
Penumbra: Requiem
Plants vs. Zombies: Game of the Year Edition
Psychonauts
RAGE
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call of Pripyat
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl
Saint's Row: The Third
Spec Ops: The Line
Thief: Gold
Thief 2
Thief: Deadly Shadows
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Tropico 4
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
X2: The Threat
X3: Albion Prelude
X3: Reunion
X3: Terran Conflict

That's to say nothing of the backlog of books I have sitting around waiting to be read as well (about 20+, at this point).

Jimmy T. Malice

Dec 28, 2010
I normally play a game fully before moving onto another one, so I don't tend to have many 'backlog' games.
I do have some recently bought games that I haven't bothered to finish yet, like the new Castlevania, where I just got tired of the imprecise combat and fixed camera, and Dragon Age: Origins, where despite my best attempts at tactics my party was repeatedly wiped even after changing to Easy (although I did manage to defeat the Sloth Demon in the Fade at Normal difficulty early in the game, which was gruelling to say the least) and I just couldn't take any more.
I also haven't finished Metal Gear Solid 3, Demon's Souls and Crysis of late.

Zaeseled

May 17, 2011
I used to have an absurdly large backlog, Borderlands 2, Assassins Creed 3, Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2, Deus Ex HR, Darksiders 2. But now I own MH3U and suddenly I don't care about any other games anymore.