My school has just crossed the line from 'Idiotic Logic' to 'Batshit Insanity'

Benny Blanco

Jan 23, 2008
"No huggin'! Dude! How is a bro like me supposed to show his bro-dom by hugging other bro's in the hallway, locker-room or sports field? What about GridIron? What about Wrestling and Soccer Practice, after the bro's score? You're like, Brosef Stalin, Bro!"

chuckman1

Cool
Jan 15, 2009
NinjaDeathSlap said:
Just get a pact with every other guy in the school that says every time a teacher walks by in the hallways you all have to find the nearest guy to you, and embrace them tightly whilst singing 'Guy Love' from Scrubs. Keep doing this until they just give up.

Passive resistance ftw.
This is quite possibly the greatest resistance plan I've heard in my life.

Ace of Spades

Jul 12, 2008
That would not have ended well for me if that were my high school, because I've had a couple of adults tell me not to kiss or put my arm around my girlfriend in public, and if they instituted this rule, I'd go mad, and end up yelling at someone after they called me out for openly defying their policy.

Rayne870

Nov 28, 2010
TrilbyWill said:
My school has made a few pretty bad decisions in the recent years. we all do exams a year early and over 1 year (despite them being made for 2 years and most universities only accept 1 years worth), firing all but 1 geography teacher, not letting pupils use a gate to go home/to the shops at lunch (for food) and cracking down on full-contact sports.

but now, they have taken that final step. SMT[footnote]Senior Management Team[/footnote] has snapped.

we arent allowed to hug any more.
or, more specifically, guys arent allowed to hug people. because theyre insane.
and no, i am not making this up. one of my friends got a warning for hugging another guy.

so Escapists, i ask of ye, what are your opinions on this?
and has your schools SMT ever done something this insane?
You want a logic fail, i got seriously bitched at for pecking my girlfriend on the cheek, the teacher then turned the corner and almost ran into two girls full on swapping spit, she said nothing to them.

Same teacher yelled at me for having a chocolate cigarette in my mouth...apparently she thought it was real (i had them for a short i was doing for drama, getting used to having one in my mouth while going over my lines). During this little telling off i flicked the "cig" to the back of my mouth and chewed it up in front of her. she then trotted angrily off to the smoking section to join the kids giving death a blowjob. She had those chocolate cigs banned from the store near the school about a half a year later...

Arrzarr

May 31, 2011
School is a godawful place to be and you will probably be glad when you leave. If you go to university, life is good but until then, do what I did: bash your head against the metaphorical brick wall of school logic which doesn't make any sense and be sure to point out EVERY SINGLE mistake the school/teachers you don't like/headmaster etc does wrong. Being an insufferable pedant is the way forwards.

I would suggest refusing to help teachers carry stuff/pick stuff up in case you "accidentally brush against them while handing the stuff over", not helping anybody who's fallen over up because it would contravene school rules and the good old trick of being a facetious jerk who wants to let everybody know that your lives are being controlled by idiots.

Just out of interest, which year are you in?

ryanxm

Jan 19, 2009
The closest I ever had to a warning (if you can even call it that) was when me and my girlfriend were sitting down, and my princible says that he "isnt running a brothel here". It was also one of the more awkward things to happen in any of the schools I have been to.

Vamantha

Aug 2, 2011
Kwaku Avoke said:
Vamantha said:
Didn't we have topic like this a little while ago "Called has your school ever pulled a dick move"?

Umm, all my schools have pulled dicks moves. The hugging rule was added into my school but everyone thought it was stupid and rarely did anyone get in trouble for it.
I do miss that thread....
As do I. :<

LeafofStone

Nov 19, 2009
See I go to a school in St Kilda Melbourne. For those people who don't know what I'm on about St Kilda is the Drug/Sex/Drag Queen/Guy found dead in a park, capitol of Australia. And as of such our school has just kinda given up on opposing lots of rules on us. Kid you not we don't detentions any-more. Hell its tradition now that in the year 12's final week they all have to cross-dress and the guys are usually expected to perform a strip-tease for the 10's 11's and the ladies of year 12 (the dance is voluntary of coarse).

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
So? Our school has banned hugging a long time ago. (About 32 years to be precise) No big deal.

Although, I do find it funny that every teacher sees us all as little sexual deviants. It makes me chuckle.

TheTurtleMan

Mar 2, 2010
It's a very slippery slope my friend. It starts with hugging, pretty innocent right? WRONG. Hugging leads to kissing, kissing leads to groping, and groping leads to incest! You'll understand why it makes sense when your older son. Hopefully my school will wisen up like your school has and make appropriate restrictions to protect our feeble minds from filthy things like hugging.

Some_weirdGuy

Nov 25, 2010
Loop Stricken said:
Clearly they wish to stop the spread of the Homosex Scourge and should be commended as a shining beacon for straight humanity to aspire to!
User was suspended for this post.(14 days)
wow, this guy^ was suspended for that? seriously? It's obviously sarcasm so what's the deal?

rayen020

May 20, 2009
Like just guys? girls can hug each other but guys can't hug anyone? yep batshit insane... although The public school system is about rigid control that puts most prisons to shame so maybe a student getting to many "hugs" helped the SMT with they're taxes?

Mylinkay Asdara

Waiting watcher
Nov 28, 2010
Kargathia said:
Atmos Duality said:
All this for a High School whose average class size...WAS TWO HUNDRED AND TEN.
How exactly do they expect to teach people anything? Universities can get away with it because they're teaching adults, but there's no way you can expect 15 year old kids to independently prepare themselves for their tests.
I am guessing he or she meant "graduating class" size, meaning the school probably has a total of 840 students at any given time, with 210 avg. graduating class size - not 210 students in a classroom at once. If it's a 4 year High School in the States.

Jaime_Wolf

Jul 17, 2009
First I saw the thread and I was like "I have seen this thread before, this is going to be dumb".
Then I started reading the OP and I was like "Yeah, this is the usual 'my prison of a school is so oppressive' thread".
Then I read what they did holy shit, your school is an oppressive prison.

First, what the fuck. Hugging? Really? Even if you feel the need to ban PDAs at school, that's hardly an inappropriate PDA. Is this really specifically about men hugging? Because that's even more questionable.

Haratu

Sep 6, 2010
I am a teacher and I can easily tell the difference between a 'friendly' hug and a 'relationship' hug. While I ignore friendly hugs I instruct my kids that relationship hugs are more for private situations.

I should make a note that in some places in the world (such as in Papua New Guinea) men will walk up to other men who are strangers and hold hands in greeting, then continue to hold hands as they walk along. If you did this in Australia, just 500km away, it would indicate you are homosexual.

Lavi

Sep 20, 2008
TrilbyWill said:
My school has made a few pretty bad decisions in the recent years. we all do exams a year early and over 1 year (despite them being made for 2 years and most universities only accept 1 years worth), firing all but 1 geography teacher, not letting pupils use a gate to go home/to the shops at lunch (for food) and cracking down on full-contact sports.

but now, they have taken that final step. SMT[footnote]Senior Management Team[/footnote] has snapped.

we arent allowed to hug any more.
or, more specifically, guys arent allowed to hug people. because theyre insane.
and no, i am not making this up. one of my friends got a warning for hugging another guy.

so Escapists, i ask of ye, what are your opinions on this?
and has your schools SMT ever done something this insane?
Organize a mass hugging.