My teacher wants us to become social deviants...

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
Instead of wearing underwear in the conventional place, wear them on your head

etherlance

Apr 1, 2009
How to break a social norm eh?...............

ok....how about you sit down on a chair for five minutes and actually think for yourself about how you are going to complete your appointed task, rather than run screaming and crying like a little ***** to the internet in hopes that other people like us will take pity and do your own work for you!!!

firedfns13

Jun 4, 2009
Aby_Z said:
Hmmm... Go to the mall and find a nice, circular area. Just start jogging around it. Someone's bound to join up with you eventually and then more people may come.
Go to a mall and walk in the fountain. Or grab the coins.
Done.

However they might kick you out.

xqxm

Oct 17, 2008
Here's one for you: talk to everyone.

See a fit lass on the bus? Chat her up.
Old man in the supermarket? You bet.
Weird kid in school? I don't see why not.

If you wanna be even more extreme, try lending your fellow man a hand if you see someone in need of assistance.

You'll get extra points for the profound social commentary that this is a break from the norm too.

mayney93

Aug 3, 2009
walk instead of driving, IN AMERICA , they'd have a heart attack from the sheer shock of it!

T-Bone24

Dec 29, 2008
Biosophilogical said:
T-Bone24 said:
Go to a doctor's office and sit in the waiting room. Bring out a tape recorder and make notes on everything you see there. That's challenging the norm of being deathly silent in a waiting room.
Do you mean go 'A man is picking his nose in the third seat from the left, near the door, etc'. But say it loud enough for people to hear? Because that would be awesome.
That's exactly what I mean. As in, "Man to right, staring at me. He's stopped. 3:15pm".

PunchClockVillain

Oct 3, 2009
If no one has said it yet, constantly refer to yourself in third person. Giving yourself a super hero name like Captain Magic or something makes it even better. Just imagine yourself as Adam West in other words.

NeuroticMarshmallow

Nov 18, 2009
How about going the whole day like you're in a Shakespearean drama? Or in an Indiana Jones film? Or a space opera? Act like you're a time travellor from the Victorian era and address anyone on the phone like they're talking to themselves and crazy, act like modern inventions are new and foreign to you. Spend the entire day crawling everywhere. The mind boggles at the possibilities.
With that description,your making me want to break a social norm for a day.

You could talk backwards-though that seems to be done too much.
Speak in complete gibberish
Or order and hamburger at chickfilla. I did that once without thinking,felt like a moron.

Witty-Name

Jul 12, 2009
Quite a few good ideas already but...

-Pick a random word and just put it on the end of every sentence you speak.
-Find an everyday custom from another culture and start using it - for instance bowing as you greet somebody OR on the other end of the greeting spectrum try to hug them or kiss on the cheeks.
-When you begin lessons, try sitting at the teacher's desk. Also, give them homework assignments.
-Instead of talking, carry around a small dry-wipe board and use that for communication (if there's the chance draw pictures as well as writing) actively encourage others to do the same.

Toasty

Aug 18, 2008
communicate for one day using only one or two words(plus probably hand gestures .....the pitch and intonation you say the word with is how you try get ppl to understand you.....wear old lady type clothes for a day, dont respond to initial greetings eg "hi,hello, hey etc, just respond with a puzzled look....and dont start any conversations with a greeting....but you can talk normally otherwise.

Iampringles

Dec 13, 2008
When talking to people, blink excessively.

Say random curse words mid sentence, and pretend you are unaware that you said them when queried.

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
Observe your classmates. There's an uncanny chance they're collective assholes. Then you break away from them and start acting altruistically. You'll be the center of attention in no time.

Trust me, this hung onto my ass since junior high.

Grensen

Jun 29, 2009
At a restaunt randomly ask people really hard questions when they're sat down. try to do it when they start to eat so they can't leave until they get the bill.

Or say everything your thinking to anyone nearby

Plank of Wood

Oct 26, 2009
My god, I did this as a sociology assignment. Easiest thing ever.

Just sit next to someone on a bus when there are plenty of spaces left. Simple.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
Walk up to a random person and talk to them like know them, specifically like they owe you money, or something. Or they promised to do something for you.

Double points if they are in a group and the others believe you.

Android2137

Feb 2, 2010
This brings to mind Improv Everywhere.

Go to a mall and sit on benches upside down? (Back against the seat, legs against the backrest)
Wear all your clothes inside out?
Wear your clothes backwards and your shoes on the wrong feet?
Dress up in costume for a whole day, acting as if you were wearing something completely normal.

...Why are so many of my ideas clothing related?

TheGreatCoolEnergy

Aug 30, 2009
Go tot he mall on a Friday night not dressed as an emo.

It may sound stupid, but if your malls are like our mall, you will stick out like a sore thumb.