Mysterious Michigan Death Eerily Similar to Persona 4

Trasken

Mar 30, 2010
Well, i believe it's time to take a trip to the TV world, im sure if an organized group of us all came in im sure some of us would develop the ability to use persona, sure some would get brutally killed by the shadows but it's a small sacrifice for the development of my...... er for mankinds benefit

Flauros

Mar 2, 2010
Ive never played P4, but good article. I remember when certain events were seeming to reflect Silent Hill or other supernatural doings. Its a weird feeling.

1nfinite_Cros5

Mar 31, 2010
Time to max out my social links. I'm also going to buy a golf club guys!

OT: This death is way too coincidental given what I've read so far. I'd really like to get to the bottom of his death. Let's hope the autopsy says something.

Sutiiven

Nov 21, 2008
Jonesy911 said:
Am I the only one who finds it weird that the game came out in 2008/9 but the events in game took place in 2011? What year is it again...?
If I'm not mistaken, the story to P4 starts sometime around April of 2011... soooo, next month. While honestly I would rather no one else bite the dust in such a manner, I'm most definitely going to be keeping an eye out for the next handful of months. Hopefully this really is nothing more than a bizarre coincidence.

The game is quite amazing, for anyone who hasn't played it, but the level of darkness and raw humanity within it could potentially lend itself to be taken the wrong way... It's quite possibly one of my top three games ever so I'm hoping hoping hoping that there's no foul play associated with it.

Then again, if I'm not mistaken, the bodies in the game were hung in the position of the Hanged Man arcana (that is, upside-down by one ankle with the other leg crossed in a four position) so if the dead man was found that way...

*whacks self with rolled up newspaper* Bad Sutii, no speculating! *ahem* All in all, a freaky and hopefully unrelated event. I'm not usually one to follow deaths in the news since I tend to find the activity rather... well, morbid... but I think my curiosity has the better of me here.

GodofCider

Nov 16, 2010
More like a murder/death occurred and people have contrasted it against a game because it reminded them of it.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Holy crow. A THOUSAND FEET UP?

There's no point asking "Why" right now, I'd like to know HOW.

Defense

Oct 20, 2010
Agh, I really need to play Persona 4 one of these days. I'm almost done with Persona 3 thankfully.

Damura said:
So he climbed a 1000 foot high tower in his underwear?
You know, with how you said it, it sounds a bit like Catherine, which is also made by the Persona team. Uncanny.

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
Didn't I read somewhere it was a suicide attempt? He'd jumped from higher up the tower and landed on the platform.

Here, I found the link: [link]http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-mi-broadcasttowerbod,0,4310723.story[/link]

Doesn't explain why he was stripped to his skivvies though. RIP, man.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
Alucard 11189 said:
Yeah it sounds like it to me as well. I hope it's not something more sinister because I shudder to think what the backlash would be like.
Oh yeah particularly among more wagish pundits like Fox news possesses. Persona 3 already caught enough flack from them for the whole "putting a gun to your head" thing. But beyond that, I'd hate to think that this was a malicious act .

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
I'm going to stay away from my tv for a while.

And I wanted to play Persona 3 & 4, but I couldn't since 1) I couldn't afford 'em 2) I don't have a PS2.
(I did watch the first few hours of both on YouTube though)