Mythic: WoW is Copying Warhammer

Aedrial

Jun 24, 2009
Melaisis said:
Give WAR a try, I enjoyed levels 1-10 more than I did the whole of WoW endgame.
Roll Draa... Drenaei on WoW. It absolutely astounded me how playing the opening area was so much different and... fun compared to levelling my other races. Really, its quite a good experience, although you are really led by the chain through most of the questing areas. WAR does this better by providing more levelling options, I guess?
Aye I loved the Draenei I was disappointed that there wasn't more areas for them (in early-mid gameplay).

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
corroded said:
Amnestic said:
Hang on a sec, what exactly are they talking about here? WoW had open world PvP objectives since TBC came out. I'm confused as to the specifics of what Blizzard are 'copying' here?
Your saying that with serious face?

Also point to note, open world PvP existed Pre-TBC. Remember Silithus and Eastern Plaguelands?

Course, not a single jot of it was as fun as Tarren Mill vs Southshore.

It's funny how WoW has got worse since it's been expanded. Whilst it got more casual friendly, i'd go back to 40 man raids and mass rucking, in battlegrounds and in the world over 25 mans and stupid arena shite any day of the week.
I say everything with a serious face. This is how serious I look:

It's funny how much nostalgia you're suffering from. Really, do go back to Molten Core (at appropriate level) and tell me that it's good instance design. Or the central part of Blackwing Lair with the suppression room. Endless fun when you don't bring rogues along!

Rucking? [http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/rucking] You're telling me the players used to mass fold and/or crease things?

No one has yet to inform me why 25 mans are directly inferior to 40 mans, while there have been arguments as to why 25 mans are better - most notably from a Raid Leading standpoint, both in pre-raid organisation (It's easier to find 25 men than 40) and during the actual raid itself.

And yes, I remember Southshore Vs. Tarren Mill, Ashenvale Vs. the Barrens, Sillydust in Silithus and the EPL towers. My question, though criminally months old, still stands. This was already in the game before WAR was released. What exactly were Mythic referring to here?

Feb 13, 2008
I was always under the idea that the entirety of WoW was based quite specifically on Warhammer Tabletop; including the German/Danish Trolls since...oh...conception?

Or is this another "WoW invented regenerating health" argument that I can safely ignore?

Amnestic said:
No one has yet to inform me why 25 mans are directly inferior to 40 mans, while there have been arguments as to why 25 mans are better - most notably from a Raid Leading standpoint, both in pre-raid organisation (It's easier to find 25 men than 40) and during the actual raid itself.
EQ normally had 75 man raids. The Sleeper often got 200+ men raids.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
So, even if Warhammer did come up with these PVP features first, isn't blizzard doing what people typically do in business? I mean, Mr. Clean magic erasers came first, but lord knows I have a different brand of the same product in my sink right now.

Bigsmith

Mar 16, 2009
Wombats said:
There is nothing like WAR RvR in WoW and it lacks because of it.

The people objecting that WoW had open world PvP first don't know what WAR RvR is.

Give WAR a try, I enjoyed levels 1-10 more than I did the whole of WoW endgame.

WAR is fun. WoW is a chore.
I would only say the first 1-10 in war is more fun is becasue its new, when u first play wow the whole game is fun, cause its new.

Plus RvR did come out first in WoW in the form of Battlegrounds.