"n00b" Beaten Out as One Millionth Word

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
so word 1million is, infact, a word + a number & word number 1,000,001 is 2 words? They cant be trying very hard.

VitalSigns

May 20, 2009
The word N00b makes my blood boil! it the lamest insult possible, it is said so often and in such rapid succession that it has lost all meaning. NOOB NUB NOOBLET NUBBER, Just shut up, ALSO how is it an insult to be new to something? I never understood this. in Place of N00BZ i tend to call people Amateurs on games, really seems to get to them.

Bagaloo

Sep 17, 2008
Financial Tsunami?
THAT'S TWO ALREADY EXISTING WORDS FORMING A PHRASE.

And don't even get me started on including numbers as a word.

Anachronism

Apr 9, 2009
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm relatively certain "financial tsunami" is two words. As is Web 2.0. Actually, that's not even two words; it's a word and a number. What the hell are these people doing?

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
This just makes scrabble so much easier. Except when the words have numberrs in them...

S.H.A.R.P.

Mar 4, 2009
Before this, I had no idea that "Web 2.0" was considered one word, and actually had a meaning beyond the sum of its the individuals. I hereby judge this so called dictionary illegitimate.

rekabdarb

Jun 25, 2008
shouldn't it be newb... since isn't that the original writing of it? people just got lazy and said noob instead because their fingers moved less

Eruanno

Captain Hammer
Aug 14, 2008
Its scary to admit I would rather have "noob" as the one millionth word rather than "Web 2.0". But only barely.

ArcadianTrance

Jan 11, 2009
You know, it used to make sense to me that "aint" wasn't a word, but after seeing these "words" get through it just doesn't anymore...

Fingerprint

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2008
I only heard "web 2.0" for the first time today... Hmm.

But hey, I'm just glad "n00b" isn't officially in the language yet - god, I hate that... that... abomination.

Glerken

Dec 18, 2008
rekabdarb said:
shouldn't it be newb... since isn't that the original writing of it? people just got lazy and said noob instead because their fingers moved less
No, Noob and Newb are two completely different things.
Scroll up a bit, there's an urban dictionary definition of the two.