Names you just can't keep a straight face to

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Okay, I've been thinking. Some names just make me chuckle inside. Or even outside. However, first...a disclaimer.

This thread is not about unfortunate name combinations such as Drew Peacock, Goodluck Jonathan or Lucious Pusey (one of those guys is the current president of Nigeria, by the way, and another plays for E. Illinois Panthers).

Nor is it a thread about names of characters who make you chuckle.

It's about normal, everyday names, names that most people would consider innocuous, yet for some reason, you can't, and about the names themselves, as in, the mere mention of which makes you giggly.

So let me begin. Names I can't keep a straight face to, in my case. Oh and by the way, let's just say that "Richard" is likely to pop up often, huh? But, yeah...

Gerald, Sonny, Dominic, Jennifer, Freddie being the main ones I have a hard time keeping a straight face to. No idea why.

Dec 14, 2009
Hope, Charity, Candy.

You know, stripper names :D

[sub]Apologies if you happen to have one of those names, I'm sure you work very hard for your money :D[/sub]

[sub][sub]Okay, very sorry, I don't mean to offend anyone.[/sub][/sub]

[sub][sub][sub]Yes I do.[/sub][/sub][/sub]

[sub][sub][sub][sub]No I don't.[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
Topical answer: Warfighter
Pahahahaha.....

But seriously, I find names like Apple to be ridiculous.
Daystar Clarion said:
Hope, Charity, Candy.

These too.

Valagetti

Good Coffee, cheaper than prozac
Aug 20, 2010
Anything thats a noun... 'you know like Sunshine or Battery'. Guess what comedian I'm quoting there?
OT: Gary, just cause of Jack Frags Machinima video (BF3), called 'Gary', can't get it up ( no pun intended)

Cranky

Mar 12, 2012
Long, complicated and unique names. Seriously, there's tons of people with those where I'm living. Werid combinations for first names like Nicholionel or some thing. What the hell.

Daystar Clarion said:
Hope, Charity, Candy.

This too.

Agow95

Jul 29, 2011
Rylan Clarke, because that's the name of a friend at school and a british X Factor contestant, who is the campest person alive. Also Rylan is a stupid name in the first place.

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
Fran (shorthand for Frances (female)).... because of one particular sequence in the series Black Books.

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
People named after cars, like Mercedes and Porsche.

Yeah, those names weren't originally car names, but I bet you anything the parents did name them after cars.

There's also a politician in England called Ed Balls. I always snigger when I hear his name.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
What was the real name of Cassidy from Preacher? Proinsias?
Sorry, people of Ireland, but I can't take this name seriously.

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
RhombusHatesYou said:
So people named after cars that were named after people in the first place?
As I said in the rest of my post, their parents were almost certainly thinking of the cars.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Idlemessiah said:
Why Fanny Chmelar of course!

....Wow. I'm astounded.

Not because of the name mind you but because I got ninja'd on a clip from The Chase! o_O

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Idlemessiah said:
There's also a politician in England called Ed Balls. I always snigger when I hear his name.
The funniest thing is for a while he was the Schools Minister and actually had to go into schools and talk to groups of children

How did any of them not laugh him off when he was introduced :)