Naruto is finally over. after all these years...

AntiChri5

Nov 9, 2011
So how long until the anime dies as well? Been watching it purely out of stubborness for a while.

lord canti

May 30, 2009
Hades said:
So Sasuke got off scot free after all despite having murdered a world leader, taken the arm of another world leader and tried to abduct said leaders brother as well as murder innocent guards and join not one but two madman that tried to take over the world? That's a bit weak.
Whoa there buddy, He apologized for all that stuff. That makes everything better. Anyway, the ending was asbad as I thought it was going to be and made just as little sense.Hopefully Bleach can wrap up a lot better than this and I hoe that One Piece doesn't end up having the same fate as the other two series.

Samael Barghest

Mar 5, 2014
The ending felt "safe" to me. No one had to face any consequences of their actions. The kids were a lot like their parents. Everyone had a happy ending. It was absolutely boring. But hell, maybe it's just me. I started to outgrow the shonen genre of anime/manga when the Sasuke Retrieval arc started. The only shonen stuff I can stomach these days is One Piece (for the humor and occasional bad ass fight) and Hunter X Hunter (despite being a shonen series, HXH has brought up some really mature content and caused me to have philosophical arguments with other people).

LarsInCharge

Sep 9, 2014
If this ending had happened after the Pain arc, I could call this series the best of the Big Three and call it good.

But no... Kishimoto had to drag the series into the toilet bowl that was the final two arcs, undermine everything he had written for the point of stupid plot twists.

So it's dead, and while the ending was decent, the last part of the series make me say "Thank you for dying" rather than "I'll miss you"

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
Caramel Frappe said:
Plus Kishi had the balls to finally pair Naruto up with someone and settle the shipping wars which was always over-the-top by shipping fans. Though, for Kishi to have everyone else have kids around the same age? It feels pretty forced and rushed honestly.
Hm,I guess that's something, have some conclusion. Although I don't even ship it and Naruto and Sasuke ending up a couple would have made most sense. (Or rather them realizing their feelings to one another just when one of them is killed by the other)

More so because both 'main' heterosexual romances were so terribly terribly written...

I could believe Sasuke/Naruto more.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
oggebogge91 said:
Gizmo1990 said:
Then of cause there was Sakura. Just when you think she could not become any more pathetic she did. But I guess what happened with her can teach women everywhere a good life lesson, no matter how indifferent a guy acts towards you, no matter how many times he shows he dosen't care about you, no matter how mentally and physically abusive he is to you, even if he tries to kill you, if you still love him everything will work out in the end.
Yea that was sincerely disappointing to me, ideally for me it should have ended with Sakura walking up to them both lying there, unable to move. she would take out a knife and plunged it into Sasuke's heart and then fade to black, probably a bit too grim for a shonen series but that's what I would have done. But nope she continued on being as useless as the previous 698 chapters.
Who knows maybe it's just me being bitter that it never got better than in the chuunin exam.
I like your ending, make more sense than my perfect ending. Mine involved every single character left alive beating him to death with 2 by 4's.

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
That's hard to believe. But I guess we are all going to have to "believe it."

Yeah that's the only thing I know about that show.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
In short, I thought it was really good. Very true to the series' themes of succession and endurance. Almost made up for the crapfest that was Kaguya.

ThreeName

May 8, 2013
And nothing of value was lost.

The part that scares me is that people actually said it got worse, when I thought it was absolutely awful to begin with. I can't imagine how bad it's become. Scary.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Th3Ch33s3Cak3 said:
While we're at it:

Is Naruto Hokage yet?
Is Obito Tobi?
Is Konaharmaru Hokage yet?
Is Kakashi Hokage yet?
If 1 or 3 are true, then did Naruto and Konahamaru have a epic battle to decide who would be Hokage?
Is Sasuke still alive?
What happend to Orochimaru?
How convoluted was the plot?
Yes. By the time of the epilogue (at which point Naruto's generation all have kids of their own) Tsunade had given up the position to Kakashi, and Kakashi had (apparently recently) given it up to Naruto.

Yes. That was revealed a few dozen chapters ago.

No. Konohamaru is not Hokage

Was. See the first answer.

Never shown. Unlikely, considering that the Hokage is apparently elected into office (seen with Jiraya, Tsunade, Danzo and Kakashi's respective nominations earlier in the story) and Konohamaru's deep respect for Naruto.

Yep.

No clue.

Ever see Escher's works?

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
MiskWisk said:
Also, "Bolt"? Seriously? Who the hell calls their kid Bolt? Hell, what kind of Japanese culture are they in where Bolt is an acceptable name? He should have just gone with the cliche "named for a loved one" shtick.
While I cringed at that, "Salad" just made me hoot. That poor kid.

The ending was about as underwhelming and predictable as I thought it would be! Ah well, used to love me some Naruto. Blew my mates' minds when I started showing them the anime and came back from a trip to Japan with one of the early GC beat 'em ups.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Honestly I probably will never finish it. I got to the final fight but it dragged on for so long with so many flashbacks I just gave up. I'm still baffled that Naruto started when I was in highschool. It is such a shame that the series got dragged out so much. What could've been a satisfying series just ended up beating the same dead horse for so many years just to bleed out every last yen they could get.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
Th3Ch33s3Cak3 said:
Is Naruto Hokage yet?
Is Obito Tobi?
Is Konaharmaru Hokage yet?
Is Kakashi Hokage yet?
If 1 or 3 are true, then did Naruto and Konahamaru have a epic battle to decide who would be Hokage?
Is Sasuke still alive?
What happend to Orochimaru?
How convoluted was the plot?
Yes (the 7th)
Yes
No
He was (the 6th)
They did not
Yes, and he got off scot-free
Lord knows
No scale can measure

GabeZhul

Mar 8, 2012
Just read it. Honestly, the final Sasuke x Naruto battle was a pretty good climax tying together all the history between the two, and Sasuke's reasoning for taking another stride through the revolving face-heel door was at least internally consistent. All things considered, this would have been a decent ending for a good series... too bad the the war arc had already driven the series nose-first into godawful territory.

As for the epilogue, it's just cheesy and underwhelming. I especially loved how all the most accepted shipping pairs among the side-cast happened not only off-screen, but those couples are never actually shown in the same frame together! The only couples we see are completely inconsequential and/or people who were not seriously shipped with anyone, like Choji.

And yeah, my personal WTF was the Hinata non-reveal. She not only doesn't get a scene with Naruto (who didn't answer her confession for over two hundred chapters!), but their relationship is only established via circumstantial evidence (like the face-marks on her daughter's face). I know that Kishimoto apparently hated Hinata and probably only paired her off with Naruto because if he ended up with Sakura then Sasuke wouldn't have gotten any pussy, but come on, throw the poor girl a bone will ya?!

Speaking of Sakura... So, her ambition at the end of the war was to become an equal to the two guys and become a hokage herself... And in the epilogue she run a small shop as a single mother with Sasuke wandering around and getting spooked by trees. I didn't know if I should laugh at that or feel sad for her, but then I remembered what a useless waste of screentime she was since almost the very beginning and I laughed. :p

Aside of that... Yeah, this one could have used a several chapters long epilogue. I mean, it would have dragged out the ending even more, but this was a ridiculously long series with tons of characters and a lot of invested fans, so actually detailing what happened after the war and how the final pairings got set up would have probably offset that in the eyes of most readers.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
T0ad 0f Truth said:
Dear god that ending gave me cancer. If it weren't for the news about the MM remake on the 3DS I'd be cringing all day.

If one piece ends up even a quarter as bad as that then I'll probably swear off shonen for forever.
Supposedly Oda already has the series finished in his head. Everythings planned out with no asspulls.

Jiggle Counter

Sep 18, 2014
I haven't watched any Naruto.

I saw the number of episodes and manga and thought, "FUCK THAT"

Hopefully they'll release a KAI version that will get rid of all the fillers, and it'll end up being 50 episodes or less.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
MiskWisk said:
Hades said:
So Sasuke got off scot free after all despite having murdered a world leader, taken the arm of another world leader and tried to abduct said leaders brother as well as murder innocent guards and join not one but two madman that tried to take over the world? That's a bit weak.
To be fair, the world leader he killed was hated by pretty much everyone and tried to brainwash another world leader into giving him command of an alliance of the worlds military forces. I imagine at the reading of his crimes, they would have gone through all of them and had a little footnote at the end saying "Killed Danzo" in really tiny font.

Anyway, good to see the thing finally get put down. I feel like it was the dog from Of Mice and Men for a couple of people, me included. Just limped on and on with more and more people saying to just put the poor thing down. God knows the fourth war arc was awful.

Still, I am curious to see what the result is on the shipping community. The NaruSaku/NaruHina fights are always amusing and I can imagine that a couple other pairings are going to bring a few angry words. Also, "Bolt"? Seriously? Who the hell calls their kid Bolt? Hell, what kind of Japanese culture are they in where Bolt is an acceptable name? He should have just gone with the cliche "named for a loved one" shtick.

Finally, what happened to Orochimaru? I can understand them letting Sasuke off (barely) but him? Guy was a nut job and I highly doubt the movie is going to cover him since they are bringing in a new villain who was mysteriously absent for the revival of his ancestor and did nothing to help her despite the fact that she left an immortal assistant behind who could have easily tracked him down. Ugh. I'm beginning to consider myself a masochist for putting up with this stuff. Oh well, I've got Kenchi618's fanfics, I'll just get started with the process of head canon changing to accept his stuff as canon and Kishimoto is the fanfic writer.
Bolt is a nickname because of his necklace. Naruto's son's actual name is Baruto. And they explain why Sasuke was pardoned. Because without his help, the world would have been destroyed due to the Infintie Tsukuyomi. He literally saved the world. And even then Kakashi said that still wasn't enough and the only reason they hadn't locked him away forever is because Kakashi and Naruto vouched that he wouldn't go crazy and go on another murder spree. Since Naruto and Kakashi are also people who saved the world, their word carried quite a bit of weight.

OT: Series isn't over yet. There's still Naruto the Movie: The Last; and also apparently there's going to be a side-series named [Naruto]. Dunno what it's about though.

Binkan

Oct 14, 2012
Isn't that Karin's child that is named Salad? I mean she has her glasses and all she resembles her more than Sakura...