Natal / Kinect, Is anyone actually excited about it?

tombman888

Jul 12, 2009
im watching the demonstration of it on the E3 IGN channel. it looks ok, but i won't be buying it.

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
Still waiting to see what they will do with it, as of right now feeling very indifferent to it.

imaloony

Nov 19, 2009
A bit. If it actually works, despite what Sony fanboys say, it could bring a whole new front to games. Not exactly revolutionize them, but it would be so cool to play a fighting game with Natal/Kinect.

Kanodin0

Mar 2, 2010
I think we should accept that we (here being gamers, especially the sort likely to frequent this site) simply aren't the target audience, at all. The target audience is the casual gamers the wii has brought into the market. Microsoft is trying to say they can do casual better not that they can do more interesting things for games with kinect, whether they succeed is another matter entirely.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Not only am I not excited, I'm really starting to hate the damn thing.

Darzen

Aug 27, 2009
we're gamers we're not supposed to move around while playing video games.we eat play videogames,sleep,playvideo games,occasionally have sex,and play video games.

Uber Waddles

May 13, 2010
As long as they can develop games other then Shovelware, Ill be fine with it.

Garden of Eden looked pretty sweet, dunno if it runs on Natal though (I honestly wasnt paying much attention to the E3 coverage, just kinda skimmed it). My problem is the ammount of Shovelware. If they could fix that, I wouldnt mind it.

Kanodin0

Mar 2, 2010
apsham said:
'kay so, OP isn't interested in the whole thing. So.. what exactly?

I mean, I know a ton of people who are excited/interested at the very least. All of whom would love to get their hands on Kinect/Natal asap, and I personally can't wait to see what it can do. Of course, I'm not expecting giant things out of the first games to come out - anything expecting that with anything whether it be a new peripheral like this or a new console, etc is putting too much into the hype. But - if properly built upon, it could be pretty damn amazing.
I'm curious in order to test my target market theory, what sort of people are these who are highly interested. Do they normally follow videogame news for instance? Were they big fans of the Wii, that kinda thing.

Lightslei

Feb 18, 2010
I have a Wii and can honestly say I absolutely despise Motion Controls.

Until someone can come up with fully working motion sensor without making me feel like I belong in a psych ward, motion sensor just won't catch on. Sure I like the idea of interactive gameplay, but the reality is, it just doesn't work with this method.

MegaManOfNumbers

Mar 3, 2010
no, though, I wonder what it'll register if I masturbate in front of it.

hmm, better pre order my copy....

FOR SCIENCE!!!

Thurmer

Jul 15, 2009
megaman24681012 said:
some reason i just thought of that annoying paper clip asking if you'd like some help ...lol?

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
The past, present and the future of videogames resdides with standard controllers. But sill, I think Kinect will be interesting.

Infinatex

BLAM!Headshot?!
May 19, 2009
Nope not in the slightest. I already have a Wii, (with a back catalogue of decent games) so why would I buy a Wii to attach to my 360... and here is the problem. The target market already has a Wii. My girlfriend has a Wii that she plays a bit, but I'm sure as shit that she's not going to go and fork out $400 bucks for a 360 AND the buy Kinect to go with it.

(also bad Microsoft!!! You don't promote the shit out of a product and then change it's name at the last minute!! I had to google Kinect when I woke up this morning to figure out what the fuck everyone was on about. That's like the PS4 being named the Gam-O-tron Play Center on release day...)

Thurmer said:
megaman24681012 said:
some reason i just thought of that annoying paper clip asking if you'd like some help ...lol?
hahahah!

MegaManOfNumbers

Mar 3, 2010
Thurmer said:
megaman24681012 said:
Excuse me? your spelling is freaking terrible, may you repeat that?

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
I'm not one of those who suffers from delusions of motion control being inherently gimmicky: it has potential. To say otherwise is, sorry to say, just stupid. We'll see how it turns out.

ClassicJokester

I Love You.
Apr 16, 2010
Neikun said:
What's with the name change anyway?
natal (comparative more natal, superlative most natal)
1. Of or relating to birth

natal (comparative more natal, superlative most natal)
1. Of or relating to the buttocks.

hehehe, buttocks.