Natal / Kinect, Is anyone actually excited about it?

VulakAerr

Mar 31, 2010
Yeah, I'm sold. Don't get me wrong, there was a lot of dross there, but I liked the Ubisoft fitness thing and Harmonix's Dance Central. I can't dance worth shit but it looked fun and worth a try. I'll be getting Star Wars and Forza when they're available too.

Rambling Gentleman

Jun 8, 2010
This is the natural progression of things with Natal:
1. Basic movement
2. Interaction
3. Fantasy Realisation.

The only reason I would want this is to put it through a propper stick fighting work out.

swolf

May 3, 2010
I think it's got some potential but refuse to get hyped up about it until I actually read some reviews on good games that use it as more than just a gimmick. By that, I mean I would like it being properly used like the peeking and looking around like a review I saw for Armament 2. I think uses like that could be expanded upon but I don't think that I would pay $150 for just that feature. Until then, I refuse to get excited or hyped up about it.

xvbones

Oct 29, 2009
The entire Kinect lineup looks pretty much exactly like the Wii's.

Except "Kinectimals". That looks like a less compelling Nintendogs.

This is a great sign. Seriously. Nintendogs.

LawlessSquirrel

Jun 9, 2010
Vanguard1219 said:
I'll be honest, the connectivity with the menus is pretty nice. It's like the touch screen on an iPhone, minus the screen. The voice commands aren't half bad either.

As nice as that is, none of the games really impressed me (That Star Wars game? Obviously on rails.) until I saw Child of Eden. It looks both fun and addicting while actually using the Kinict fairly well. If more games like that started coming out for the Kinect after it launches it might turn into a must-have for the 360.
Pretty much EXACTLY my thoughts on the subject. Well, also the price...if it's $150 it has more to prove. If it's $50 then I'll be satisfied.

I'm interested to see how Molyneux ends up incorporating Kinect though. Not excited, but I figure that if any level of mainstream creativity will come from it, he'll be the source.

Nmil-ek

Dec 16, 2008
It's so boring I really, really dont care I dont want to be waving my arms around like a twat, secondly we dont all have the space I live like a packrat, in my room theres barley enough space to walk out nevermind jump around like an escaped mental patient. And if you really want ot showcase it why, why, why are all these games so fucking attrocious? Show me something from a real first party developer that uses motion controls in an innovative, comfortable way in a game thats FUN then maybe I give a shit.

Dear lord last nights press confrencess were awful no doubt we are in for even more movment control fun from nintendo and sony >_>

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
VulakAerr said:
Yeah, I'm sold. Don't get me wrong, there was a lot of dross there, but I liked the Ubisoft fitness thing and Harmonix's Dance Central. I can't dance worth shit but it looked fun and worth a try. I'll be getting Star Wars and Forza when they're available too.
Exactly this.
Especially, for me, Forza. The ability to look around corners while you drive? Insanely valuable. Now what they need to do is let you do that, while driving with a controller. It'd be the perfect relationship between motion and standard controls, which is what I've been saying Kinect should be doing.

Imagine playing a new Military FPS with Kinect and a regular controller! You run up to a corner in game, and lean your body on the couch so that your character leans around the corner! Peek-a-Boo! How about a stealth situation where you have to give hand-commands to your team, because talking would alert the enemy? How about a flight-sim game where you can look around the cockpit my moving your head? How about a situation where you're wearing a mask in a humid location, and you need to wipe it off to clear the fog?

It doesn't have to be the main controller, but it certainly can add to the gaming experience.
I'm honestly surprised at how many people are writing this off based on launch titles. If people did that with the PS3, it would have barely got sales. But now, once people have had time to sit down with the PS3, it has excellent games and is an excellent gaming platform.

Seeing the dance game was pretty cool.
Seeing the Forza demo in action gives me hope for the future of Kinect and 'hard-core' games.
Now it's just up to the developers to make good, creative use of it.
Sign me up.

TheRealGoochman

Apr 7, 2010
I am actually pretty excited for it, I usually don't downplay something until I had a chance to try it....I'm looking forward to giving it a chance :)

MorphingDragon

Apr 17, 2009
No.

*Points to all the other Camera/Motion Controller based games ever made.

---

Also, is the new Xbox 360 model trying to rip off dell even more? First they make it look like a white version of the Dell GX2 desktop computers, now they try to make it look like an Alienware computer. The borg cube Xbox might of been bland, but at least it was original in design.

Burck

Aug 9, 2009
Not till I see some interesting titles. I do however, think that it has lots of potential.