Natal / Kinect, Is anyone actually excited about it?

Jayde111

May 2, 2010
I was until I saw the games they were releasing with it.

Kinectimals
Kinect Adventures
Kinect: Disney
Zumba FItness Party
MotionSports
The Biggest Loser: Ultimate Workout

capin Rob

Apr 2, 2010
They are going to neglect us REAL GAMER foot the casual 7-11 year old casual market that everony wants to imress because (Dumb kids+Rich parents+ Shiny new games that are not tought to understand= HOLY SHIT, THATS A LOTTA $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$), I think it's why MS didn't get a spotlight with G4, Or did they? I'm not sure, But all I know is that sony and nintendo will be, I saw nothin specifically for MS.

Lightslei

Feb 18, 2010
Jayde111 said:
I was until I saw the games they were releasing with it.

Kinectimals
Kinect Adventures
Kinect: Disney
Zumba FItness Party
MotionSports
The Biggest Loser: Ultimate Workout
Sounds like, let's hi-jack what Nintendo did with the Wii.

Thurmer

Jul 15, 2009
megaman24681012 said:
Thurmer said:
megaman24681012 said:
no, though, I wonder what it'll register if I masturbate in front of it.
some reason i just thought of that annoying paper clip asking if you'd like some help ...lol?
Excuse me? your spelling is freaking terrible, may you repeat that?
grammar, not spelling and no.
and zumba fitness party as a release game? bahahahahaha thats classic

crazypsyko666

I AM A GOD
Apr 8, 2010
Neikun said:
What's with the name change anyway?
Project Natal was the codename. This is the production name.

I'm not interested at all. I don't think there is much to be gained through motion control in gaming. The sixaxis is about the limit for practicality.

razerdoh

Nov 10, 2009
im so buying it, allso gonna upgrade my old 360 for the new one just so everything match:p

DarthFennec

May 27, 2010
Nobody actually gives a damn about that project, for one reason: Most of us come home from work tired in the evening, and most of us want to sit down, relax, and play a nice videogame for a few hours. Seriously, if I had to physically run around Hyrule, fuck that, I'm going to bed. If I want to be active, I'll do it outside or in a gym, or join the fucking military, but being active in front of a television is just plain ridiculous.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
I am excited by the potential. I am excited about this whole new gaming era we seem to be heading in with Natal or kinetic leading the way. We are one step closer to home console VR

Jast

Mar 18, 2009
So can someone tell me why someone would want to wait to buy what is essentially the Microsoft equivalent of a Wii when you can already buy a real Wii that is already out and is most likely alot cheaper? This whole Natal/Kinect thing is really starting to irk me. It's like what a previous member already said. I was hoping that perhaps MAYBE it would be just a little bit different than the Wii OR at least have some non casual games. I think this is going to be a flop. Or at least I should say I think it will be a flop with hard core gamers.

On a different note, I want to see what the achievements are going to be. "Congratulations 20G for flailing your arms around 10,000 times.

Yukinari

Aug 22, 2009
squid5580 said:
I am excited by the potential. I am excited about this whole new gaming era we seem to be heading in with Natal or kinetic leading the way. We are one step closer to home console VR
*Insert bad dancing and wii game rip-offs here*

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Yukinari said:
squid5580 said:
Of course. Show me the system that had all these great AAA titles for thier launch.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
It had potential, yes, but looking at the current line-up seen at E3... it looks like Microsoft are aiming this purely at kids, and kids only, which is kinda disappointing.

wordsmith

TF2 Group Admin
May 1, 2008
Yukinari said:
squid5580 said:
Don't forget the window-cleaning games that totally won't be ripped off the eyetoy?

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Simalacrum said:
It had potential, yes, but looking at the current line-up seen at E3... it looks like Microsoft are aiming this purely at kids, and kids only, which is kinda disappointing.
Which is exactly who they should be focusing on. The Wii has the older casual market covered. The PS3 and 360 have the hardcores covered. No one is thinking about the children. The children whose little hands can't reach the buttons on the 360 controller. The children whose parents won't let them pretend throw a 5lb piece of plastic at a TV. Now all we need is something for pets and we are done.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
NO, HELL NO, NAH, NOPE, NADAH, NEIN, NON, NOPEROONI. I can say I'm actually utterly appauled by it, there is absolutely nothing there that expands the future of gaming. Every game there appeals to the casual Wii crowd, it all points to a very bad future for Microsoft's, not even a decade old gaming career. I could probably try to hold out hope, but every single game in the Kinect's library is nothing but shovelware. There is absolutely nothing to hint that it's anything more than an expensive gimmick that'll draw in the idiotic housewives and small children that make up the Wii's demographic.

/Rant. Really pissed about Kinect, but from what I've seen of its competitor the PS Move, that actually looks good. Maybe it's because the PS move actually used real games for its demos; SOCOM, LBP, Uncharted. There actually looks to be real gaming potential with the Move, it looks like what the Wii should have been, while the Kinect is just... The Wii, with a different control scheme, but same line up of gimmicky crap.