Nathan Fillion Reminds Gamers of the Dangers of "Swamp Ass"

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
buy teh haloz said:
Was I seriously the only one looking at him in his ODST armor from Halo 3:ODST?
Apparently. I'm pretty sure 99% of the Escapist joined me in picturing him in his sexy brown coat...

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
thethingthatlurks said:
buy teh haloz said:
Apparently. I'm pretty sure 99% of the Escapist joined me in picturing him in his sexy brown coat...
I just think it's funny to see an ODST in full armor shove a blow-dryer down their pants...

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
buy teh haloz said:
thethingthatlurks said:
buy teh haloz said:
I just think it's funny to see an ODST in full armor shove a blow-dryer down their pants...
I may be drunk right now, but I absolutely agree! Wait, don't those power armors have AC built in?

fieryshadowcard

May 18, 2011
Mistermixmaster said:
Hillarious vid, but seriously, "Swamp ass"? I mean, I can sit down and play for extended periods of time (hell, I can have one gaming session going a whole freakin' day if there's nothing else to do), but I have never heard of or encountered this "swamp ass"-thing before now xD

Is this seriously a thing people suffer from? xD
If you've never experienced it, consider yourself lucky to have found a seat that does not suffocate your behind. The right seat will keep you dry every time. The wrong one... well, we don't like to talk about the wrong one around here. Let's just say plastic covers were never meant to be sat on for long periods of time. Also, the staining moisture and the description of the smell is over-exaggerated most of the time for most people, but that just further hammers home the point.

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
Oh. MY. 'dies from laughter'.
That..that was gold. Especially the end. All of the end.

Mistermixmaster said:
Hillarious vid, but seriously, "Swamp ass"? I mean, I can sit down and play for extended periods of time (hell, I can have one gaming session going a whole freakin' day if there's nothing else to do), but I have never heard of or encountered this "swamp ass"-thing before now xD

I had it once while gaming...but I think it was because it was really really hot and I was sitting on plastic. That was a really uncomfortable situation.

Sep 14, 2009
Vault Citizen said:
I have never heard of (or experienced) Swamp Ass, is it really that common a thing?
do you have any hair on your body at all? and what kind of climate do you live in?

where i'm from..swamp ass can happen the instant you sit down somewhere, depending on your "britches".

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
I have suffered from Swamp Ass. It is less from couches and more from my dorm rooms crapy chairs. The cushions retain so much heat that I have to get up after an hour of sitting on it, the fact that the room doesn't have AC never helps.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
think the cap'n needs to lose some weight...but still lookin' good!

esp since it's been a while since we heard from him (needs to go on Jimmy Kimmel Live again!)

SirBryghtside said:
Black Watch said:
I think I just turned gay because of that man.
You don't have to be gay to love Nathan Fillion ;)
:p it's true

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
I don't know why anyone other than him would be considered for the part of Nathan Drake. Seriously... Mark Wahlberg? The fuck? o_O

Anyway, more on topic... I don't even know what to say. That was pure awesome.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
thethingthatlurks said:
buy teh haloz said:
thethingthatlurks said:
buy teh haloz said:
I may be drunk right now, but I absolutely agree! Wait, don't those power armors have AC built in?
lol no I think only the MJOLNIR was that advanced. ODST armor is prob just a slightly upgraded Marine armor?

it's funny cuz I was JUST thinking about how hot full combat armor must get. or heck even riot police armor after a lot of running and smacking people (yes it was hot outside and I was wearing jeans)

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Huh.

Y'know, I think I finally understand why that guy is so well regarded.

That was hilarious. All the more so because he was completely straight faced the whole time.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
Mistermixmaster said:

Sounds like they need to game in better ventilated rooms... air conditioning is ideal, with icy cold beverages aplenty.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
One more reason why Nathan Fillion is the male epitome of awesome. Well one of them anyway ;)

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
Vault Citizen said:
I have never heard of (or experienced) Swamp Ass, is it really that common a thing?
I only get swamp ass in a small amount if it's warm, and I'm in my leather pc chair. I never get it on couches or other chairs.

It really is bad.