Need to vent? Here's the place.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Ren3004 said:
thenumberthirteen said:
Thanks for calling my best friend a drugged out *****. She has a problem, and I'm there to help her through it. Because that's what a best friend is for.
It's great that you want to be there to help her. But her behaviour towards you isn't one a friend would have. Hopefully she kicks her habit and starts appreciating your concern for her.
Thank you. That's how you tell someone you think their friend is being unreasonable, and not calling them a dumbfuck drugged out *****.

I don't know how much experience you've had dealing with someone who has problems (probably at least some given your chosen profession), but the first reaction is almost always denial and hostility. Her actions are rationalised and compartmentionalised so the first step is always to admit you have a problem to solve.

I'm taking the step of getting her to admit the problem, and then stick by her and help get through it.

Ren3004

In an unsuspicious cabin
Jul 22, 2009
thenumberthirteen said:
Ren3004 said:
thenumberthirteen said:
Thanks for calling my best friend a drugged out *****. She has a problem, and I'm there to help her through it. Because that's what a best friend is for.
It's great that you want to be there to help her. But her behaviour towards you isn't one a friend would have. Hopefully she kicks her habit and starts appreciating your concern for her.
Thank you. That's how you tell someone you think their friend is being unreasonable, and not calling them a dumbfuck drugged out *****.

I don't know how much experience you've had dealing with someone who has problems (probably at least some given your chosen profession), but the first reaction is almost always denial and hostility. Her actions are rationalised and compartmentionalised so the first step is always to admit you have a problem to solve.

I'm taking the step of getting her to admit the problem, and then stick by her and help get through it.
Well, I haven't had to tell anyone bad news yet, only heard people tell me problems they already had. But yeah, denial is usually the first stage of grieving, and I've seen people dismiss their problems as if they're nothing. My grandparents tend to ignore problems away, for instance.

xbox hero

Jun 6, 2011
thenumberthirteen said:
xbox hero said:
thenumberthirteen said:
xbox hero said:
thenumberthirteen said:
Grrr. My friend. I love her to bits, but recently we fell out because she said I was "judging" her. Maybe I was wrong. All she does is shoplift, and steal drugs from dealers' houses (or sleeps with them) to feed her habit. Apparently me saying "This is all out of hand, and you need some help" is being judgemental, and I'm not "accepting her for who she is".

This is stressing me the hell out.
Your friend is a *****,she really is tell her "Go fuck yourself you druged out ***** with no life,If I tell you that your being a dick and you are going to die of drugs you should listen,not be a asshole ya dumbfuck!Tell her that,and when she gets hurt,sick or worse,then she will come back to you,and also dont come crawling back to her it will just make it worse,Ive bin in a similar problem,she will find out what a good friend you are sooner or later.. :)
Wait,is she not?She is being a dick to you,and you should admit that.Im not wasting my time with you if you are that ignorant [HEADING=2] YOU ARE HER SLAVE.ADMIT IT! [/HEADING]
HEY! I'm not her slave. Well there was this one time when she dropped some ice cream on her boot, and I was really hungry, and one thing lead to another. I still don't know how she managed to find so much rope that late at night. But that's beside the point!

She was being unreasonable and defensive, I admit, and that's why I was frustrated. She's not a "drugged out *****". She's had a tough life, and is going through a rough patch. She takes drugs to ease the pain, but she can take it too far, and it ends up causing more pain. Her other friends are no damn help as they're just as bad or worse, and her boyfriend just goes along with it. If I'm her slave then he's her *****.

If I tell her to go fuck herself then that's not going to do anyone any good. She'll just get worse and, like you said, end up hurt, sick, or probably raped. She's been through that before, and I'm not letting her go through it again.

EDIT: Also I'm glad you've finally fulfilled your dream of mastering the h2 tags. Good...

But it's no H1... RED!!!
hahah,I wan't to apologize for me calling her a ***** and you her slave,I say'd that because I had a friend who was my best buddy and he used me from time to time,and he sometimes starts shitting like a little 8 year old brat on me and when I say something to him like your not any better he leaves and gets angry,then he crawls right back,Im still friends with him.But not best friends because I can never trust him,and he acts like an asshole!

xbox hero

Jun 6, 2011
Ren3004 said:
thenumberthirteen said:
HEY! I'm not her slave. Well there was this one time when she dropped some ice cream on her boot, and I was really hungry, and one thing lead to another. I still don't know how she managed to find so much rope that late at night. But that's beside the point!
I am so going to try that...

As for me, I now have a frigging ant invasion in my house. They have taken the fridge. If in the next days I disappear, then start posting pro-ant messages, then I have been taken by our new insect overlords. You know what to do.
Same here too,but this is worse.They hang around the PC,sorry if they spam,but it isn't the pc that is attacked,oh no.It has to be THE MOTHER FUCKING BED! But its not mine tho :p

ReCAPTCHA: Blandford, ginatia thats how the ants will call my parent's bed!

xbox hero

Jun 6, 2011
JemothSkarii said:
Alright, I've been waiting to write here because I've wanted to see how other people are holding up.

My gripes...letsee, let's start from the smaller stuff and work up.

Morty. Fuck You. Your Gengar's Shadow Ball is OPed, You nearly took down my Ampharos. Dick.
Eevee. Y U NO LOVE ME!?

Dear CRS Australia. I know you're trying to help, but I have no clue of what I could do for work around here. I know you're offering suggestions, but 8 months of running around in circles and now putting me into 4 hours of job finding groups (One hour of that is admittedly a lunch break) when it takes me $30 to get in and out of town is ridiculous.

Dear Employers, I know I'm disabled, but I'm quite good on computers and have good communication skills, I CAN be a receptionist or do admin or something! My parents are really getting on my back about not having a job yet.

Dear Parents, I know I've been out of school for a little over 8 months now and have failed at two courses (One I dropped out of due to stress, and the other was both of my lack of interest in the place and the sheer retardedness of the traineeship group. Damn you Centre >.<) but I am TRYING to get a job. I want and need a job. I hate sitting at home, but this town has very little in it for most people just out of school, let alonen someone with the stigma of having a disablility. No, no matter what you think, I don't just sit around being disabled, I know my limits, and my confidence has been lacking lately, back off. No, I'm not gay, I don't have an interest in girls because I have a girlfriend overseas which (when posed hypothetical questions and scenarios) you are so violently adamant about. It's hard and can be stressful, but she's fucking real, be a bit more goddamn accepting.

To my girlfriend. I know you're only just turning 17 and I'm 2 and a half years your senior. You could be a bit more reassuring to me when you are going to go out and meet up with a guy (especially an ex) you should know that when you fell for one of my best friends and that dickhead I'd be skittish and nervous when you go out with guys. I want to drop it but I can't, it's hard, even though I DO trust you. I know we split for four months, but I don't care that it happened, we NEEDED it, and I'm not angry at you, I never was. I know you're confused about things, but don't ask me out again and tell me you love me then turn around and say 'I love you' is going too fast when you won't talk to me about it. I can wait for you to sort your mind out, don't worry about that, but I wish you would come to me more, you have no idea how much you mean to me, do you? I hold back my love for you and act a bit more like a friend just so you can be comfortable. It isn't the greatest feeling, but I'll do it for you. I wish you would stop wearing hoodies all the time, especially when I'm on...they mean you're feeling insecure because IT'S SUMMER there. I feel terrible when I see you like that, because as much as I want to protect you and keep you safe, I can't do jack crap. Don't worry so much about your Dad finding out you've been using the phone to chat to people overseas, you barely use it (my friends even confirm that) and even if you are caught, I'll know and come right over. Yes, I'll wait two years and come over, I promised it before, and I promise it now. Finally, I do love you.

To my good friend and to a lesser extent his Canadian girlfriend. It's okay if you write a public love message on Facebook maybe once a week, but NOT EVERY FUCKING FIVE SECONDS. They come off as sappy and forced, almost pathetic. I know I love my girlfriend more than I probably should, but even I wasn't that bad. On the topic of my girlfriend: QUIT FUCKING TELLING ME TO BREAK UP WITH HER! I know she broke up with me for four months, I know she drove me to drink, I know she fell for my friends and other guys, and I know I wasn't always happy with her and that she brought me to tears. Take a good look at yourself; Your darling girl has broken up with you on multiple occassions, has told you she'd move back in with an ex, you drink over her, you take out your frustrations on everyone around you because your family finds her suspicious (even I do, and I'm in a similar position!) and you expect ME to apologise to her because of a joke! I didn't even say anything, I wasn't even thinking that your autistic brother would have a girlfriend in the same room as him before you did! Don't go speaking as if I'm an evil person because I went "Mmm...I won't say anything". Furthermore, don't go pestering me to apologise to your girl when I had done nothing wrong! 'Dig myself out of my own grave'!? If she's THAT pissed at me for doing nothing I will gladly take a shovel to her face! CHIVALRY IS ONE OF MY BIGGEST CHARACTERISTICS! That's how annoyed she makes me! Oh, and while you're talking to her, don't act all superior to us when we're in the same room as us, and when we tell jokes, don't treat us like we don't associate with you! I've known you for 6 GODDAMN YEARS and have kept you out of so much trouble.

But I'm not done with you yet! How DARE YOU make your mother cry on her goddamn birthday by RUNNING OFF IN THE GODDAMN CITY FOR FOUR HOURS because you couldn't take that joke about your brother having a girlfriend in the same country before you did! You cut into her time, my time, and her made her feel like the goddamn devil! I admit, I am NOT close to my mother, and I can treat her like dirt, but that was so fucking childish and cruel! Hell, you only came back because I reminded you I was planning on lending you money so you can move out! Are you getting that money now? Hell no! You were off being a selfish dick while I stayed with your mother and kept her from leaving and just feeling bad. Hell, you pulled such a dick move that you even made your sister throw up! I know you think your family hates you because of your girlfriend, but they don't, they're concerned and you just yell at them and push them away. You're so set on moving out that you think "This waiters job is earning me tonnes of money! I can easily live off of this" when you'll be so far in debt in the first two weeks it isn't funny! You expect your family to help you when they have a teeny car and you treat them like dirt? Good luck with that. Oh, and finally, DON"T ANNOUNCE YOU'RE GOING TO MARRY YOUR INTERNET GIRLFRIEND ON YOUR MOTHER'S B'DAY WHEN YOU'VE STRESSED HER ENOUGH! IT WAS MEANT TO BE HER DAY AND SHE WAS SO THANKFUL I WAS THERE!

*huff, huff, huff*

That should be all, I apologise for any offence I may have caused, and the All Caps was for good reason
A
I am the only person to read your drama....And I have to say not bad!

Ren3004

In an unsuspicious cabin
Jul 22, 2009
xbox hero said:
Same here too,but this is worse.They hang around the PC,sorry if they spam,but it isn't the pc that is attacked,oh no.It has to be THE MOTHER FUCKING BED! But its not mine tho :p

ReCAPTCHA: Blandford, ginatia thats how the ants will call my parent's bed!
I hate ants. They can only be dealt with using massive amounts of bug spray and/or fire.

Also, remember kids, always eat your breakfast if you're going to exercise. Or you'll run for 5 minutes then nearly pass out. True story.

UmbrellaAssassin

May 27, 2009
Ren3004 said:
UmbrellaAssassin said:
I want to kill myself......
Not much of a vent huh?
Well nothing else to say.
Any specific reason for that? If there is, just remember, there is no problem without solution. It may be hard, but there is always a way.
Well I guess my problem is not caring enough. Don't really much care enough to live the rest of my life.
Can't stand the fact that there may be many years in front of me.

Ren3004

In an unsuspicious cabin
Jul 22, 2009
UmbrellaAssassin said:
Ren3004 said:
UmbrellaAssassin said:
I want to kill myself......
Not much of a vent huh?
Well nothing else to say.
Any specific reason for that? If there is, just remember, there is no problem without solution. It may be hard, but there is always a way.
Well I guess my problem is not caring enough. Don't really much care enough to live the rest of my life.
Can't stand the fact that there may be many years in front of me.
Well, that sucks. I hope you find something to care about and start feeling better about your life.

Ren3004

In an unsuspicious cabin
Jul 22, 2009
My dear friend:

I wish I could be something more for you. I know we've discussed this, I know it's not possible. But now I can't shake the thought that I'm pretty sure you're with another of my friends. I can't get that idea out of my mind and I won't ask you directly because I'm too coward or because I don't want to give you attitude, or because I don't want it to sound like I'm mad that you're together, I'm not. I just need some closure so this will stop eating away at me. But I know that I'll keep avoiding the subject because the last thing I want is to drive you away. If what I think is true, I just wish you didn't feel the need to hide it from me. If you do, then I respect your decision, but it's killing me.

I'm sorry for the double post, but I needed to get this off my chest.

Fangv2

Jan 20, 2011
Just to vent a small thing:

High School is starting back up. Sigh. No more late night video-games. Sigh.

Ren3004

In an unsuspicious cabin
Jul 22, 2009
Fangv2 said:
Just to vent a small thing:

High School is starting back up. Sigh. No more late night video-games. Sigh.
I know your pain. Hell, I'm on holidays and I've barely played anything.

UmbrellaAssassin

May 27, 2009
Ren3004 said:
My dear friend:

I wish I could be something more for you. I know we've discussed this, I know it's not possible. But now I can't shake the thought that I'm pretty sure you're with another of my friends. I can't get that idea out of my mind and I won't ask you directly because I'm too coward or because I don't want to give you attitude, or because I don't want it to sound like I'm mad that you're together, I'm not. I just need some closure so this will stop eating away at me. But I know that I'll keep avoiding the subject because the last thing I want is to drive you away. If what I think is true, I just wish you didn't feel the need to hide it from me. If you do, then I respect your decision, but it's killing me.

I'm sorry for the double post, but I needed to get this off my chest.
Thank you, but don't worry bout it. I just got really into Ninja Gaiden Sigma, so that's gonna keep me occupied for a bit.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Well, I start my second year of college tomorrow. And I have to take my math class in which I failed last time I tried. Not really looking forward to it.

It's especially annoying because it's supposed to be a basic math class. And I have to get a C in it and three other math classes before I can be done with the math portion of my graduation requirements. And I'm honestly not sure I'm going to be able to do it as I was never that good at math. It kind of makes me feel stupid to be honest.

Ren3004

In an unsuspicious cabin
Jul 22, 2009
scorptatious said:
Well, I start my second year of college tomorrow. And I have to take my math class in which I failed last time I tried. Not really looking forward to it.

It's especially annoying because it's supposed to be a basic math class. And I have to get a C in it and three other math classes before I can be done with the math portion of my graduation requirements. And I'm honestly not sure I'm going to be able to do it as I was never that good at math. It kind of makes me feel stupid to be honest.
Well, I had a subject that I only passed on my fifth try, and one that I only passed on my fourth try. The kicker? When I passed that one I barely even studied. My advice to you is don't worry, and most of all don't look at these subjects like some kind of monster. Look at them as a challenge that may be difficult, but is possible to overcome. Do a lot of exercises until you understand how it works, if you need help, ask a friend who's good at it.

scorptatious

May 14, 2009
Ren3004 said:
scorptatious said:

Well, I had a subject that I only passed on my fifth try, and one that I only passed on my fourth try. The kicker? When I passed that one I barely even studied. My advice to you is don't worry, and most of all don't look at these subjects like some kind of monster. Look at them as a challenge that may be difficult, but is possible to overcome. Do a lot of exercises until you understand how it works, if you need help, ask a friend who's good at it.
Thanks man. Your thread is awesome.

Ren3004

In an unsuspicious cabin
Jul 22, 2009
scorptatious said:
Ren3004 said:
scorptatious said:

Thanks man. Your thread is awesome.
You're welcome. Always happy to help.

Jake0fTrades

Jun 5, 2008
My friend (girl) has been bitching to me for over a year and it's always the same goddamn story. "She's in love with so-and-so but they don't love her back" or "She's so miserable and nothing will ever be as good as it was a year ago".

She's been crying on my shoulder for a year, I've always been there to comfort her, but NOTHING HAS CHANGED. She just needs to grow up and move on. I've got my own problems to worry about and I'm done holding her hand through hers.

Ren3004

In an unsuspicious cabin
Jul 22, 2009
Buchholz101 said:
My friend (girl) has been bitching to me for over a year and it's always the same goddamn story. "She's in love with so-and-so but they don't love her back" or "She's so miserable and nothing will ever be as good as it was a year ago".

She's been crying on my shoulder for a year, I've always been there to comfort her, but NOTHING HAS CHANGED. She just needs to grow up and move on. I've got my own problems to worry about and I'm done holding her hand through hers.
Yes, it sucks when you want to help people but they're too stubborn to take your advice and do things the way they want.

Thankfully it seems that my friend finally decided to follow my advice and did good.

And I hate that my laptop gets roughly the temperature of the sun.

scorptatious

May 14, 2009
Hi. It's me again.

Now I may sound over dramatic when I say this, but I really need to get this off my chest.

Yesterday in my opinion brought out some of the worst things I've seen on the Escapist. Most of the people who posted in the "How is 9/11 viewed internationally" thread talked about how 9/11 is talked about too much by the media world wide and how there are worse tragedies than it.

I can understand the first point. 10 years later, we're still talking about 9/11 while there has been little to no news from what I've seen from Japan, who has just endured a tsunami and other problems a little over half a year ago now.

But what bugs me the most is how people claim 9/11 is a lesser tragedy than anything else that has happened around the world. In my opinion, a tragedy is a tragedy. The value of human life shouldn't be determined by numbers, who specificaly died, how much publicity it gets, or what country it happened in. They all have one thing in common: people died. As one person on that thread said: "Would Hitler be any less evil if he killed 600,000 jews instead of 6,000,000?"

I can agree that it may be time for America to move on from what happened. Lay the past to rest. I just wished people on here were a bit more sensitive about this kind of thing. Of course this is the internet so I guess I shouldn't have expected anything like that.

You may not agree with me. Hell, you may even hate me. But that's just how I feel about all this.

EDIT: The person I quoted was Warforger.